Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seamroga in exile

Loughgiel on first on St Patrick's day at 2pm. Football on at 3.45. 
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

saffronog

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on February 21, 2012, 03:38:58 PM
Loughgiel on first on St Patrick's day at 2pm. Football on at 3.45.

good news for if and it likely will be the second game is shite we can head on up the road

Seamroga in exile

I don't think there'll be too many of us hanging around after the match, win, loose or draw.

btdtgtt

I will be there for both - supporting both northern teams.
Think it would be great to have a big crowd cheering each on after some of the recent bias exhibited - and I ain't normally one for a chip on the shoulder!
All that's left is the inevitable shamrocks "injury scare" let's hope everyone fit.

Seamroga in exile

To be fair, the rumours of injuries were coming from outside Loughgiel.  If you'd read my posts during the couple of months pre the Na Piarsaigh game you'd have seen that I posted we had no injuries, just niggles which were run off at least a couple of weeks before the game.

As for the football, I'm sure a few lg supporters will stay for it, but if we win I can assure there's only one place I want to be. ;)

Minder

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on February 21, 2012, 06:36:19 PM
To be fair, the rumours of injuries were coming from outside Loughgiel.  If you'd read my posts during the couple of months pre the Na Piarsaigh game you'd have seen that I posted we had no injuries, just niggles which were run off at least a couple of weeks before the game.

As for the football, I'm sure a few lg supporters will stay for it, but if we win I can assure there's only one place I want to be. ;)

Bridge Inn, Dunloy?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Seamroga in exile

:). Wouldn't be the first time.

Not on this occasion, however, I wouldn't rule out a run over the next day or 7 though.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Sham Man on February 21, 2012, 02:21:55 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 20, 2012, 05:15:17 PM
Quote from: Sham Man on February 20, 2012, 04:07:21 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 19, 2012, 08:48:46 PM
Quote from: Sham Man on February 19, 2012, 07:40:46 PM
Quote from: Sleeping giant on February 18, 2012, 09:07:54 PM
He is well able sham man,   Don't loose any sleep over it  ;)
Glad to hear it SG, glad to hear it indeed.  I hear Neil McManus got the line today agin Connacht. By all accounts it should have been a straight Red instead of 2 yellows.  Karl Stewart also carrying an injury from the game. I wonder what Wallis will have to say about that, especially when our lads are not available?

Well if it were two yellows Neil will be available for next week.  Were you at it?
No MR2, bush telegraph only, was at a christening.

Aye reliable that. For an injured Karl Stewart they must have used all their subs before he was injured, otherwise they would have taken him off!!
Don't shoot me MR2, I am just the messenger.  Transpires it was only a dead leg anyway, but lets not get excited.  8)

I'm not excited, certainly with anything you have posted lately ;D 
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

btdtgtt

Genuinely interested here and not stirring the pot.

Leaving aside the soundbites - what us the real thoughts of most hurling people from the other north Antrim clubs on loughiel.

I mean, do the north Antrim hurlers outside of loughiel support the shamrocks but don't admit it?

Or do they want them to lose - but let on they are supporting them?

Is there even an answer to this?!

I think in the city there is general support?

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: btdtgtt on February 21, 2012, 11:05:17 PM

Leaving aside the soundbites - what us the real thoughts of most hurling people from the other north Antrim clubs on loughiel.

I mean, do the north Antrim hurlers outside of loughiel support the shamrocks but don't admit it?

;D  This should be enlightening.

Buswhacker

The jealousy and hatred when any N.Antrim team does well, is plain to be seen.This applies to all N.Antrim teams not just one. The supporters are the main culprits,I don't think the players themselves are as stupid. This attitude is one of the reasons why the county team never has the wholehearted support it should have.Too much bitterness and it will never change.

Sham Man

Quote from: btdtgtt on February 21, 2012, 11:05:17 PM

Do you honestly think Dunloy people would support us on our 2nd quest for glory when the have failed miserably 4 Times in the recent past. Sure just look at the ribbing they give us when we lost the county finals.  Come on, get real here lad.  :o
Shamrocks are winners!

theskull1

QuotePersonally, I don't think it's the role of e.g. a Dunloy supporter/player to "support" the likes of the Loughgiel team (and all the other combinations). To suggest otherwise is politically correct horsesh1t

Of course "not support" can range from simply "not supporting" to "hating". The former is where rival team supporters should try to be, but some are more easily goaded than others and will always feel they have good reason to "hate" instead.

The job of every supporter is to do what he/she can to get behind his team and push them on and not focus on things he has no control over. i.e another rival teams success

When you do look at the way top counties support their county players it is a bit cringeable at Antrim games where you really do get a sense of the fragmented half hearted support that we give our team and would agree N Antrim supporters are to blame in that regard. It would be nice if we could detach ourselves for that hour from our entrenched positions.

It is OK though to hate half wit knob end WUM supporters of other teams. Every club has them ...... w4nkers the lot of them  :o
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Seamroga in exile

Some of the genuine hurling people would want us to do well, others want us stuffed. In genera,l we're hated throughout NA. In some cases supporters of other clubs will say it's because of our supporters (a minority of). Others won't admit it, but it boils down to that empty space in their trophy cabinet and their respective histories. Jealousy in other words. Some of them would even go as far as to say that winning the all Ireland was the worst thing to have happened our club as it generated more hatred. Personally, I'd rather have one that none. I'm reliably informed however that the hatred was there and well entrenched long before 1983.

Let's face it, it would be a pretty boring affair every year if we all got along on the hurling field. Sure, a mutual hatred is a healthy thing, no? I know there aren't the same feelings between most of the hurlers. There would be a mutual respect there, but a healthy rivalry also.

Considering the ill feeling that there is between Dunloy/Cushendall/Ballycastle towards Loughgiel, and vice versa, there are never too many nasty incidents between supporters. I believe a lot of it is over blown. I mean, look at how many people live in and around each other's parishes without so much as a slap on the jaw. There's a lot of winding up of course (experienced first hand) but if it's taken in the spirit intended then it's a good thing. Especially when I can walk around a pub in said parish with my red and white gear on, no problem.  ;)

Milltown Row2

We should really get an age limit on this board.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea