Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aontroim

Quote from: btdtgtt on December 08, 2011, 11:55:21 PM
Good teams there all round just a few tweaks like mc manus ideal position - maybe now we have a manager who will see the same!

I just think Dinny was guilty of having notions on players and picking strange teams at times - when most observers would agree on say 75% of the personnel involved.

I have to say I am optimistic for the year on this basis - although I stand by my belief that bottom line is we are not good enough to get out of division 2. No shame in that - it is our level but we can still aim to rise!

Anyone shed some light on the motions before convention?

County board are being very transparent this year  ;) = http://antrim.gaa.ie/news/details/?id=3230

Seamroga in exile

Maybe he'll try Winker in MF like Davy Fitz did last Sunday. He was marking Jackie Tyrrell and scored 0-6, 4 from play.  I'm only throwing it out there for a suggestion, don't eat the face of me   :)..... I don't think he'll play there.

"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Milltown Row2

Did you watch the clip Sie?

There were more tackles and hits in a netball game FFS.

They all had time to stop, wave and then strike the ball.

I'm not eating your face off by the way ::)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

oisinog

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 08, 2011, 11:35:48 PM
Thought Campbell played well on the wing this year. CHB he's too lose, he can win a lot of break ball from the puck outs but for me (I'm not being critical here) he lashes it up field as quick as he can when a quick look would end up with a better delivered ball. But i still feel he is a great player, no knocking

I would agree with that. I would always be of the opinion that you need your best ball distributers in the half back line. JC just needs to take a second to look and this could help create a lot more chances for his forwards

Seamroga in exile

NAG1

Dont know where the rush has come for MS he caught two balls in the county final and that was it, crucial and all as they were at the time.

Good blend to the squad but I would be concerned with some but will reserve judgement.

If you watch the top teams playing there is no time to stop and pick some one out any more (or very very rarely) that's why we need forwards capable of winning their own possession as a number one priority. However JC does have a habit of skying the ball even when he does have time.

the colonel

Quote from: Glensman on December 08, 2011, 11:09:19 PM
Quote from: the colonel on December 08, 2011, 02:16:53 PM
There's certainly one or two I wouldn't have near it, and there would be one or two that were excluded there that I would have included. Good basis to start considering the LG players won't be there until their campaign is over. 2 keepers need for training from January 1st and Seanan and Ronan will provide that. I would imagine that DD would be the first choice and could be a fight between the other three to get another spot.

Who else would you have included Colonel?

Re further conversations about keepers it's DD and Kearney for me as well.

i think Kevin McKeague is better than Cathoir Cunning, Conor McCann better than a vast majority of the squad. I heard the fella Turley was hurling well for his Uni, when some of the boys included I seen at Queens v St Marys were quite poor. Armstrong and McGuinness maybe will come in again (depending on football commitments). One of our panel members who watched a couple of trials was very impressed with Mark Lynch.
the difference between success and failure is energy

Two Hands FFS

I'd have thought JC would be one of the top distributors of good ball into forwards in Antrim. Maybe for Antrim he doesnt look(less time etc) but for Loughgiel in CHB I'd have always thought he was vital in this regard.

Seamroga in exile

JC also contributes with a couple of points a game. Invaluable sometimes. 

pdiddy

Quote from: NAG1 on December 09, 2011, 10:43:30 AM
Dont know where the rush has come for MS he caught two balls in the county final and that was it, crucial and all as they were at the time.

Good blend to the squad but I would be concerned with some but will reserve judgement.

If you watch the top teams playing there is no time to stop and pick some one out any more (or very very rarely) that's why we need forwards capable of winning their own possession as a number one priority. However JC does have a habit of skying the ball even when he does have time.

Scully has been our most consistant player over the last 2 years.  A much more physical player now than he was 3-4 years ago.  Really stepped it up a gear in the last 10 mins of the last 2 County Finals which had a big bearing on us winning both games.
When a team loses, there's always a row at half time, but when they win, its an inspirational speech

antrimgeal1989

was he loughgiels poty??

on another note..how can carson contine in the county set up? well below par imo..

Sleeping giant

I think if lets say watson,shane,KS and maybe eddie was in forward line we could try neill mc manus in middle.  Great strike of ball and great ball winner
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

pdiddy

Quote from: antrimgeal1989 on December 09, 2011, 12:59:51 PM
was he loughgiels poty??
on another note..how can carson contine in the county set up? well below par imo..

Yes.
When a team loses, there's always a row at half time, but when they win, its an inspirational speech

Black and Amber17

1.DD
2.Graffin
3.Hippy
4.K.McGourty
5.N.McAuley
6.N.McManus
7.J.Campbell
8.K.Stewart
9.Shorty
10.E.McCloskey
11.M.Herron
12.J.scullion
12.P.J O'Connell
14.L.watson
15.S.McNaughton

saffronog

Joey scullion finding bit of form but well of pace Luke Carson at present.  Quit fair while ago 89, yourself ??