Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

saffronog

Trout referring to caption on your footer.  Interesting 15, Jesus derry men so deserve mention and had forgot about shields.

4father

Quote from: Sleeping giant on November 11, 2011, 06:36:31 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on November 11, 2011, 06:15:28 PM
Quote from: 4father on November 11, 2011, 01:04:37 AM
Quote from: btdtgtt on November 10, 2011, 11:53:47 PM
Do Gort / St Agnes / St johns / oisins / sarsfields / Tir na nog / Carey / cushendun really have 3-5 players of county standard each?
... and of course they already have the best hurler in Ulster in Karl Steward

To call it a waste of time is a bit harsh.  As you said, everyone deserves an opportunity.
Really? He's decent but not the best hurler in ulster.
+1   hahaha   ahhhhh god thats funny

Well, i'd say that this isn't exactly a ringing endorsement of Karl being the best.  That;s 'where oh where'!

Yes I watched SmcN's dazzling county final performance.  I'm talking about consistency though.  Karl has never failed to show up is what I'm saying and has performed at a very high level for a number of years now.  By recent, I mean  last 2-3 years including this one (which Neil McManus didn't get to finish unfortunately for him).  Has there been anyone by far better than Karl in this last 2-3 years between county level and club?

Seamroga in exile

I don't think that constitutes putting him down. I believe SG is disagreeing with you as I did, about him being the best in Ulster. He did say he was a good hurler. No one is disputing that. 
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

4father

Ok, whatever you say mate.  'aaaaaaahhh god that's funny' says a bit more than that though.

Seamroga in exile

If it's consistency for club and county how about Johnny Campbell? Who has been doing it for both Club and county  for the best part of ten years. Very consistent performer who"s still playing well.

4father

Forgot, he's a Loughguile man..  ;D

Yes Johnny has been playing great as has Barney, Hippy and a few others.  Just think Karl has been a cut above the rest,

Jose Parasol

Finally
It should be noted by the Gaels of Antrim that the following players, nominated by their Clubs, failed to attend or offer an apology for their absence

Martin McErlaine   Armoy
Cathal McAuley     Carey Faughs
Fintan McCarry      Carey Faughs
Neil 0'Connell        Clooney Gaels
Eoin McQuillan      Cushendun
Kevin McKernan    Sarsfields
Liam Kearns          St Brigids C'mills
Aaron Smylie         St Brigids C'mills
Sean McAreavey   St Galls
Sean Burke            St Galls
Conor McGourty    St Galls
Michael Magill        Tir Na Nog

Diarmuid de Bhallis
Bainisteoir Foirne 2012

ABSOLUTE DISGRACE - no manners at all!
Remember MR, Jesus loves ya, but everyone else thinks your an a*sh**e!

theskull1

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on November 12, 2011, 10:43:23 AM
I don't think that constitutes putting him down. I believe SG is disagreeing with you as I did, about him being the best in Ulster. He did say he was a good hurler. No one is disputing that.

I don't get why some stick up for the stupid comments of their clubmates
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Arthur_Friend

Quote from: Jose Parasol on November 12, 2011, 11:24:35 AM
Finally
It should be noted by the Gaels of Antrim that the following players, nominated by their Clubs, failed to attend or offer an apology for their absence

Martin McErlaine   Armoy
Cathal McAuley     Carey Faughs
Fintan McCarry      Carey Faughs
Neil 0'Connell        Clooney Gaels
Eoin McQuillan      Cushendun
Kevin McKernan    Sarsfields
Liam Kearns          St Brigids C'mills
Aaron Smylie         St Brigids C'mills
Sean McAreavey   St Galls
Sean Burke            St Galls
Conor McGourty    St Galls
Michael Magill        Tir Na Nog

Diarmuid de Bhallis
Bainisteoir Foirne 2012

You are a disgrace posting peoples names up in an anonymous internet forum in order to somehow name and shame them.

4father

Quote from: theskull1 on November 12, 2011, 12:05:23 PM

Completely agree, maybe its just a Loughguile thing.

4father

Wouldn't call it a disgrace, there's worse things in the world to call a disgrace.  They possibly should have passed an apology but are certainly not obliged to.  Posting their names (when your name doesn't exist) calling lads a disgrace is shameful and cowardly though.

Milltown Row2

This is a stupid topic in fairness, saying one guy over another (top 5) is bette,r will always draw in the ones who believe their players are better than everyone elses.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Craigyhill Terror

Quote from: 4father on November 12, 2011, 12:10:09 PM

Wouldn't call it a disgrace, there's worse things in the world to call a disgrace.  They possibly should have passed an apology but are certainly not obliged to.  Posting their names (when your name doesn't exist) calling lads a disgrace is shameful and cowardly though.

Save your outrage for the county board - that list of names is from the county website

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: 4father on November 12, 2011, 12:07:36 PM
Quote from: theskull1 on November 12, 2011, 12:05:23 PM

Completely agree, maybe its just a Loughguile thing.
Stupid like the one above do you mean?

4father made something out of nothing. Simple as.

4father

Quote from: Craigyhill Terror on November 12, 2011, 12:52:37 PM
Quote from: 4father on November 12, 2011, 12:10:09 PM

Save your outrage for the county board - that list of names is from the county website

The poster wrote ABSOLUTE DISGRACE - no manners at all!.  So it is shameful and cowardly to call players absolute disgraces without manners.  The county website/board/Jerry Wallace should not have put that in any report either.  Looks bad and is bad.

Regarding the Karl Stewart thing, it was simply an opinion that I tried to justify and I would stand over it.  There are many good hurlers in Antrim and indeed Ulster and there would be very little between a lot of them.  I made nothing out of nothing, i expressed an opinion, a Loughguile man patronised that opinion, another Loughguile man didn't see any belittling of a player and I did so I wrote about it - hardly made something out of nothing.

Ultrafcukin sensitive this morning lads