Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

girt_giggler

the wanderer returns!

Tony Baloney

I think the Dall is pretty sandy so it should ship any heavy rain better than most.

Syd

Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 15, 2007, 03:50:12 PM
I think the Dall is pretty sandy so it should ship any heavy rain better than most.

It gets very soft with a bit of rain, a bit like your head Tony.

PrivatePile

In watching todays Waterford v Cork game it shows how far Antrim are away from that level of hurling.

Baile an tuaigh

Quote from: PrivatePile on June 17, 2007, 10:10:14 PM
In watching todays Waterford v Cork game it shows how far Antrim are away from that level of hurling.

Absoloutly. If Antrim can get in with ten points of Clare I will be delighted. You just have to see how poor the County final was this year to realise these are most of our best players and the standard was poor over all. Antrim Hurling at club level has been so badly negleted for so long, that the standard has slipped. Hoping now that new structures with in the County will guarentee regular games for everyone and with practice the standard should start to rise. The madness of canceling games because of County comitments done serious damage to Antrim Hurling. Believe it or not Galway underachieve for the exact same reason.

theskull1

Quote from: Baile an tuaigh on June 18, 2007, 12:45:08 AM
Antrim Hurling at club level has been so badly negleted for so long, that the standard has slipped. Hoping now that new structures with in the County will guarentee regular games for everyone and with practice the standard should start to rise. The madness of canceling games because of County comitments done serious damage to Antrim Hurling. Believe it or not Galway underachieve for the exact same reason.

Been saying this for years Baile an Tuaigh. The worst thing about having this opinion is you soon realise that not many people share it. There must be a lot of lower division contributers here who have no idea how bad the div 1 leagues fixtures have been for nigh on 17 years (yes Jim Nelson started it and the rest of them have been doing the same since) and who just showed up at casement every year and wondered why we've been so bad

Two fantastic games  at the weekend
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

PrivatePile

Well Noname i was at the match and i think its a bit much to blame it all on the Glenariffe players. Tosh was harshly sent off, the other Glenariffe player probably deserved to go but was hit first by our current County captain, (he was in with the sneaky digs on several occasions) So if you are going to apportion blame do it fairly.....

PrivatePile

Quote from: Noname on June 18, 2007, 09:57:06 AM
Quote from: PrivatePile on June 18, 2007, 09:45:39 AM
Well Noname i was at the match and i think its a bit much to blame it all on the Glenariffe players. Tosh was harshly sent off, the other Glenariffe player probably deserved to go but was hit first by our current County captain, (he was in with the sneaky digs on several occasions) So if you are going to apportion blame do it fairly.....

he then got booked for a bad pull across a player not even close to the ball. - explain please.

He actually hit the ball, and Ray Matthews admitted as much afterwards so hopefully that serves as an explanation.

Glensman

Who won the Liam McGarry cup at the weekend - heard that Dunloy made it to the finals.
Assume Loughgeil joined them?

Good match?

milltown row

whats the craic with the threads? confusing ???

no hurling this weekend are the county boys having challenge games this weekend

milltown row

loughgiel should win but will get it tough on the wee pitch, esp. if it rains. Johnnies will get it a lot tougher than they did from us, tight hard to call. dunloy too much for Sarsfields the paddies have a lot of good players coming through.
and finally rossa v Clooney Gaels should be a good game. we went down a number of years ago and beat Cushendall in the under 21 Championship then went out in the next round to St Pauls so they would need to get their heads right otherwise they could fall into that trap

Glensman

Hopefully Dunloy's scare v St Theresa's will waken them up.
And hopefully Clooney Gaels wasn't just a flash in the pan.

Predictions:
Dunloy by 10
Loughgeil by 5
Clooney by 3
St Johns by 6 (is Hippy Donnelly still carrying an injury??...have yet to see him in the flesh but he's meant to be some prospect).

slow corner back

Young Hippy has been carrying an injury for a few weeks now. He still turns out for some games but does not look fully fit. He is indeed a fine prospect when fully fit. I think that Neil McAuley is still U-21 as is Simon McCrory for St Johns, will these guys be allowed to play?

Glensman

If they are not allowed to play I think it is an abolsute joke.
The Antrim game is a week and a half away.

That would rule out Paul Shields of Dunloy and maybe a few others through the competition.

Fair enough calling off the senior games this weekend but to go down as far as under 21 - to stop championship matches getting played (when the competition is normally not given much support anyway) would be a joke.

Ruairi Og exile

County team were meant to train on Thursday nite but changed it to friday nite due to U21 match which was fair enough. I think the country are playing Wexford this weekend in a friendly...does anyone know if that is up here or in Wexford

Our match against Dunloy called off & re-arranged for a few weeks later