Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oisinog

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 12, 2011, 04:08:18 PM
I know i had a pop at player but time to stop talking about it. Ballycastle lads were sent off fairly. Spoke to umpire who said it was right call.  Lets work out how best to have a more competitive championship.

Well said

Forever Green

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on September 12, 2011, 04:21:37 PM
Quote from: Forever Green on September 12, 2011, 04:05:36 PM
Mother of f**king christ! Great weekend of championship hurling and all people can do is constantly slabber about Loughgiel. Well done to the Shamrocks and good luck in the final as they are a club I have massive respect for

i take it your not from north antrim FG. if you where subjected to some of the venom from there fans at and away from matches you would be of a different opinion.

If they win the final fair dues but don't expect them to be gracious in victory of defeat, its not in there genes

I am from North Antrim and have always thought the support Loughgiel brings to their games is outstanding. Sure there are a few mouths in their contingent but every club has these type of folk. All about different opinions though ;D

Sleeping giant

Quote from: Forever Green on September 12, 2011, 04:57:16 PM
Mother of f**king christ! Great weekend of championship hurling and all people can do is constantly slabber about Loughgiel. Well done to the Shamrocks and good luck in the final as they are a club I have massive respect for

i take it your not from north antrim FG. if you where subjected to some of the venom from there fans at and away from matches you would be of a different opinion.

If they win the final fair dues but don't expect them to be gracious in victory of defeat, its not in there genes

I am from North Antrim and have always thought the support Loughgiel brings to their games is outstanding. Sure there are a few mouths in their contingent but every club has these type of folk. All about different opinions though ;D
well said
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

theskull1

FYI FG the constant slabbering has been a result of the blinkered reactions  of some of our LG bretheren. Well done to them surely but point the finger elsewhere
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Hurler24 on September 12, 2011, 03:49:58 PM
SIE and Pdiddy this is why evry other club in Antrim hates lgiel.It is not down to jealousy it is down to the fact that your fans are horrible and your players are dirty.The abuse your fans give other teams is disgusting and the fact that yous openly defend acts of cowardly striking etc by your players is a disgrace.
:D
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Bog Ash Camam

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on September 12, 2011, 03:20:45 PM
Some vultures circling today.

Well said Seomroga, envy is a terrible thing!  You are doing a good job of defending your club's/parish honour.  The Dunloy and Ballycastle vultures, ignore the Fcuk***!

From what I seen on Saturday and Sunday, it's Loughgiels to loose!
Remember lads, "the Sliotar hurts just as much when you're looking at it"

Seamroga in exile

Nothing like a sweeping generalisation to hit home an inaccurate point of view.

Seamroga in exile

The first year Dunloy won the championship I was one of the first from my parish over in Dunloy. I drank out of the cup in the village and the Bridge with their players and supporters , and indeed in the pound and the old clubhouse in Loughgiel. I was actually glad to see them players win it, and have nothing but respect for the club that produced the best club hurling team in Antrim in my life time.

We were also on the receiving end of a 33 point drubbing in Cushendall  by Dunloy and went round each of their players and wished them luck for that championship and all Ireland. When we beat them in the championship they were always more than gracious to us, as we were to them. So don't spew forth with your ill informed and downright incorrect bile!

Seamroga in exile

Anyhow, any word on the N. McManus injury?

btdtgtt

Far be it for a chip eater from Belfast to chip in but maybe some neutral slants. Loughuile have great support in terms of numbers, and horrendous support in terms of conduct. On the field - i spoke to rossa boys before and after their game they were on about speed and stickwork- definitely not dirt! The town are not neutral however! That said - the amount of north Antrim posts about the shamrocks tells it's own tale. Move on lads - cos there's no argument with the volunteer cup.

Bog Ash Camam

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on September 12, 2011, 05:43:12 PM

I seen him on Friday night last and he was on crutches.  He said it would be a while before he is back playing.  What a pity, I am sure Cushendall will miss him for the final.  A nice lad at that also!
Remember lads, "the Sliotar hurts just as much when you're looking at it"

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Bog Ash Camam on September 12, 2011, 05:53:56 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on September 12, 2011, 05:43:12 PM

I seen him on Friday night last and he was on crutches.  He said it would be a while before he is back playing.  What a pity, I am sure Cushendall will miss him for the final.  A nice lad at that also!
He's a great player. I never like to see anyone on crutches.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on September 12, 2011, 05:41:29 PM

The first year Dunloy won the championship I was one of the first from my parish over in Dunloy. I drank out of the cup in the village and the Bridge with their players and supporters , and indeed in the pound and the old clubhouse in Loughgiel. I was actually glad to see them players win it, and have nothing but respect for the club that produced the best club hurling team in Antrim in my life time.

We were also on the receiving end of a 33 point drubbing in Cushendall  by Dunloy and went round each of their players and wished them luck for that championship and all Ireland. When we beat them in the championship they were always more than gracious to us, as we were to them. So don't spew forth with your ill informed and downright incorrect bile!

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on September 07, 2011, 09:47:14 PM
Great result, for lots of reasons!!!!   

Why? is that because you dislike Dunloy? or something else?

It's certainly one of  the reasons.

yeah read the above so you don't like us but but like to celebrate with us. heard it all now what a hypocrite
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Seamroga in exile

It was a joke ffs!  There was a smilie after the  line in the original post which i notice you failed to quote.

http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=1347.msg1014385#msg1014385

It's a pity you can't get over your obvious hatred of all things Loughgiel and move on.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on September 12, 2011, 06:28:44 PM
It was a joke ffs!  There was a smilie after the  line in the original post which i notice you failed to quote.

http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=1347.msg1014385#msg1014385

It's a pity you can't get over your obvious hatred of all things Loughgiel and move on.

When did i ever say the word hate, that's your club speciality but i must admit i couldn't care less if they won. have you ever wondered shy most clubs have no time for you. lets get one thing out of the road here right now, NO ONE  IS IN ENVY OF YOU, you have to get this into your head. imam not taring everyone with the same brush as there are some loughgeil people  100%. but if you want to generalise they are far the worst club fans in antrim. seen it first hand, the whole crowd roaring when the oppsing team shoots a wide, taking delight when a team representing antrim gets knocked out of the all ireland club series. it goes on and on. Ive never meet you so imam going to reserve my judgement on yourself but don't even try to defend where you ly in the popularity stakes and why that is the case
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets