Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Forever Green

Fairhead

Quote from: ManInBlackandGreen on September 10, 2011, 10:32:43 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 10, 2011, 09:49:57 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on September 10, 2011, 09:36:52 PM
He let things go today that other refs in this county don't. Isn't that what we've all been gurning about forever? By all accounts he let the boys on the sideline know before the game that unless it was really necessary to stop the flow of the game he was going to let it do just that, flow.

I can't remember who it was that posted  if refs up here  reffed a game as they do down south people would be calling blue murder.

I understand now. I'll be trying to look at matches from that pov from now on.

It does descend into a riot. We need to man up. Expect our lads will be sharpening their hurls for tomorrow as the slaps are allowed

What is it they say "Damned if you do, Damned if you don't!", Antrim Hurling at large is not ready and capable of fast, free flowing, hard physical challenges, today has proved this by all accounts reading this board and that's why we fail at county level, just not built for it at the moment. The cards for the donnelly lads I hear where well justified, Cormac is it for two yellows? and Matthew for blatant dangerous play, they just made it too obvious by all accounts.

Until players learn to expect the physical aspect of the modern game, we will always have the idiotic comments that I have read on this board tonight. Duffy Matthews, Elliott, Hassan are all well capable of letting the game flow they have proved it, they have all shown that during their inter county roles, but at home clubs and most players just are not up to the task of the hard fast physical game that's just it. Sorry I didn't see the game myself however i did get a detailed blow by blow this evening. Good Luck MR2 tomorrow ;)

Well if you didn't see the game stop pontificating shite.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Forever Green on September 11, 2011, 02:16:24 AM
Btw lager is pish.
Perhaps, but it's my poison of choice. It's seen me right all of my 38 years! 26 drinking years, I was trained in Toome!  8)
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Seamroga in exile

I'm going to go out on a limb and go for St Galls by 3. You've already beaten a better team.

Jesusjones

I was at the match yesterday and in fairness Ballycastle can't complain about the either red card, however Duffy should have red carded Skinner for his pull on Mc Auley in the first half. The ball was a yard in front of Mc Auley, Skinner was a yard behind him and drew across the back of his legs. How he didn't get sent off I'll never know.

Seamroga in exile

There was pulling and slapping by both sides JJ. Skinner could've been sent off but then so could three Ballycastle men. I thought GD showed common sense until he had to do something.

BlackandAmber

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on September 11, 2011, 09:39:31 AM
There was pulling and slapping by both sides JJ. Skinner could've been sent off but then so could three Ballycastle men. I thought GD showed common sense until he had to do something.

So he stopped showing common sense then?   JJ is right about the pull on McAuley's legs and I think it was the same player slashed hippy across the ribs in the first half after hippy had cleared the ball. And now the drama queen is fine. Like I said befoe skinner was giving it out as he always does and getting away with it. he got a taste back and cried like a girl. Also it was on the umpires say that Duffy gave Hippy the second yellow so even that Duffy "didn't see".  He's a bad ref. somebody said about physical contact body to body but leaving out the stick and that should be right. but Hippy and Matthew got sent off for body contact. they never used their stick to strike the oother player the way skinner and McCloskey did.

Milltown Row2

Would he have been a good ref had he sent off Skinner? I hate the slaps if they are late and on purpose. Rule book says its a red card!! How many games would finish with 15 players on each team?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ruairi

I would agree with JJ's summary. Referee was inconsistant at times. skinner should have walked for that tackle and another head high tackle in first half about midfield line was played on, without as much as a free. Hippy got hit late after clearing a ball aswell and play continued also. Second half the referee got it right on both the sendings off. Matthew was too late and Hippy was a shoulder to the back after skinner just shouldered mc auley in center of chest. if he hadnt of being try to sneak away after his tackle he wouldnt have got it in the back. Was stupid of hippy to do it as he was on a yellow card.

BlackandAmber

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 11, 2011, 10:10:35 AM
Would he have been a good ref had he sent off Skinner? I hate the slaps if they are late and on purpose. Rule book says its a red card!! How many games would finish with 15 players on each team?

The point is that he did NOTHING about the dirty slaps. There was no need for them anyway Loughgiel were the better team.There forwards gave our defence more trouble than I thought specielly Casey in corner forward and Joey Scullion moving around. There midfeild completely ran over ours and so our forwards had nothing to work with. Loughgiel in general just did everything quicker and moved better off the ball.

ruairi

MR yous are bound to be favourites. Our injury list, bad weather and yous already beat Dunloy. We struggled against glenarriffe sure. Good luck. 

btdtgtt

Have to agree black&amber - liberal slaps with stick are what needs cut out (anyone can pull loose) and thats what they don't tolerate in south. Let the rest go and the physical side will work itself out. All in sounds like best team won just not without controversy and all too often it's refs decision go for eventual winners. Fancy Dall today but not sure how much by!anyone see the throw kn for U21 final Galway Dublin???!!!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: ruairi on September 11, 2011, 10:59:15 AM
MR yous are bound to be favourites. Our injury list, bad weather and yous already beat Dunloy. We struggled against glenarriffe sure. Good luck.

Yeah I know, we have asked the County board to move the final as it will clash with the Football Final the next day :P

Behave ruairi, you have quality hurlers all around the pitch.

I feel for the lad, he has put a lot of work into his club and county and to get an injury like this when it matters to your parish is terrible. I think this may galvanise yous and still win with a bit to spare. It's the final that i would be worried about for Cushendall. Loughgiel seem to be flying fit and without Watson seemed to be playing better!!

Heard the pitch may be taking a fair bit of rain, Move it to Casement. I hope the county have made arrangements should Loughgiel's pitch be unplayable

On another note, Paddy Power don't know about your injuries, Anyone looking a sneaky tenner on us?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ruairi

We have 3 into our starting line up and possibily 3 ruled out with injury agian. story of our season. Hope the fellas returning from injury can make up for the ones who wont be playing.

Casement would be ideal to play yous in MR. Going to be another battle for us again. But sure its championship, and that's what it's all about.

Best of luck

Buswhacker

So Skinner's a drama queen,I don't think.Two big rough men just couldn't hack it and lashed out and paid the price. It could have worse, someone could have been on a manslaughter charge to-day.So don't try to make little of the incident. It was very very serious.