Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seamroga in exile

He let things go today that other refs in this county don't. Isn't that what we've all been gurning about forever? By all accounts he let the boys on the sideline know before the game that unless it was really necessary to stop the flow of the game he was going to let it do just that, flow.

I can't remember who it was that posted  if refs up here  reffed a game as they do down south people would be calling blue murder.

I understand now. I'll be trying to look at matches from that pov from now on.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Seamroga in exile

On another note, why is it that hardly anywhere has a good pint of lager anymore?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on September 10, 2011, 09:36:52 PM
He let things go today that other refs in this county don't. Isn't that what we've all been gurning about forever? By all accounts he let the boys on the sideline know before the game that unless it was really necessary to stop the flow of the game he was going to let it do just that, flow.

I can't remember who it was that posted  if refs up here  reffed a game as they do down south people would be calling blue murder.

It does descend into a riot. We need to man up. Expect our lads will be sharpening their hurls for tomorrow as the slaps are allowed
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ManInBlackandGreen

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 10, 2011, 09:49:57 PM

It does descend into a riot. We need to man up. Expect our lads will be sharpening their hurls for tomorrow as the slaps are allowed

What is it they say "Damned if you do, Damned if you don't!", Antrim Hurling at large is not ready and capable of fast, free flowing, hard physical challenges, today has proved this by all accounts reading this board and that's why we fail at county level, just not built for it at the moment. The cards for the donnelly lads I hear where well justified, Cormac is it for two yellows? and Matthew for blatant dangerous play, they just made it too obvious by all accounts.

Until players learn to expect the physical aspect of the modern game, we will always have the idiotic comments that I have read on this board tonight. Duffy Matthews, Elliott, Hassan are all well capable of letting the game flow they have proved it, they have all shown that during their inter county roles, but at home clubs and most players just are not up to the task of the hard fast physical game that's just it. Sorry I didn't see the game myself however i did get a detailed blow by blow this evening. Good Luck MR2 tomorrow ;)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: ManInBlackandGreen on September 10, 2011, 10:32:43 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 10, 2011, 09:49:57 PM

What is it they say "Damned if you do, Damned if you don't!", Antrim Hurling at large is not ready and capable of fast, free flowing, hard physical challenges, today has proved this by all accounts reading this board and that's why we fail at county level, just not built for it at the moment. The cards for the donnelly lads I hear where well justified, Cormac is it for two yellows? and Matthew for blatant dangerous play, they just made it too obvious by all accounts.

Until players learn to expect the physical aspect of the modern game, we will always have the idiotic comments that I have read on this board tonight. Duffy Matthews, Elliott, Hassan are all well capable of letting the game flow they have proved it, they have all shown that during their inter county roles, but at home clubs and most players just are not up to the task of the hard fast physical game that's just it. Sorry I didn't see the game myself however i did get a detailed blow by blow this evening. Good Luck MR2 tomorrow ;)

Lucky you ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

4father

Quote from: ManInBlackandGreen on September 10, 2011, 10:32:43 PM
Until players learn to expect the physical aspect of the modern game

I think that's exactly the point.  Some players find it too hard not to react or say something/get annoyed at a heavy tackle (fair or unfair) and it isn't helped by the amount of 'refereeeeee' you hear.  Antrim hurling is a battle of free takers generally, caused by both players and referee's.

btdtgtt

Good point 4father about battle of free takers - for me the distinction is the slapping with sticks as opposed to tackling using the body. Clamp down on slaps with stick but let them rip with body tackling so it's tough but less serious cuts plus the more manly teams prevail. As for the pints of lager - go to England! We'll stick with beer! Ah well seriously - u gotta pick your bars better my friend!

Milltown Row2

I hope and don't expect dirt tomorrow, the two teams don't have any history and while they will both want to get a crack at Loughgiel it won't be hopefully as bad as two sending off's. Though you never can tell.

Ok I'll head out to Thompson's here and round up the lads, as they are still on the piss from Wednesday nights match. 

4father

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 10, 2011, 10:48:43 PM
I hope and don't expect dirt tomorrow, the two teams don't have any history and while they will both want to get a crack at Loughgiel it won't be hopefully as bad as two sending off's. Though you never can tell.

Ok I'll head out to Thompson's here and round up the lads, as they are still on the piss from Wednesday nights match.

Doing lines of coke down there too I hear, its ruairi ogs to lose for sure

Milltown Row2

Then the hookers afterwards FFS

Seamroga in exile

I'd like to say I like a pint of the black stuff but I got a pint at a wedding in Arby's 20 years ago on a Friday  and it left me two stone lighter by the Sunday. I just can't face it!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on September 10, 2011, 11:01:40 PM
I'd like to say I like a pint of the black stuff but I got a pint at a wedding in Arby's 20 years ago on a Friday  and it left me two stone lighter by the Sunday. I just can't face it!

How's your pitch holding up for tomorrow? Bitta rain expected tomorrow, we'd like it dry to be fair

Seamroga in exile

As long as there's  not torrential rain overnight it'll be grand. We are having a rather stormy night in NA but so far no rain.

It gives it bad for tomorrow though. It'll probably suit you boys ok saying as yous are the ones to beat!

Seamroga in exile

It seems to have calmed down a bit. Calm before the storm perhaps?

I wish St.Galls and Cushendall all the best for tomorrow and hope it's a great game which the team in blue win!!!

Forever Green

Well done to the Shamrocks. Going to be hard to stop in the final whoever the opposition. As for tomorrows game, hope St Galls get the win but cant see it although everyone said that about Dunloy. Good luck to them but a Dall win with 9 points to spare