Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

anailís

Not yet, he's injured. Pin in his thumb etc, getting rehab or something like that.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: milltown row on June 20, 2009, 10:43:55 AM
we were meant to play Rossa today but it didn't suit either team so was put back to it's original date. Rossa are away to the feile and we've a few boys away for pre planned trips.

while it was good of the county to try and get you games in high summer. fixtures are published and people arrange holidays around them. 

still gives me a chance to run out against St Enda's in div 4. hopefully we get a team. stayed of the drink and all ;)

Just the one bottle of wine then?

MrT

Loughgiel missing a few first team starters though

How dunloy match go?

milltown row

Hatchfield, what happened against St Pauls?  too many boys away? or have St Pauls finaly started to hurl

anailís

milltown row

aye nearly fell asleep reading it....

Gaels also beat Tir Na Og. we had a lot away and Rossa must have had a lot away also Feile and concerts. we asked to play the game on the friday night sunday night or the monday night.. so it went back to its original date.

our lads have had the fixtures from the start of the season they have all made plans so we'll play our games on those dates.

training issues happen at all clubs in Belfast. it's bad craic and demoralises everyone. our big game is on the 12 of July in Glenariffe!!! will decide our fate after that game

maxpower

Quote from: theskull1 on June 20, 2009, 09:26:25 AM
Good win for LG last night.

I seen enough of cushendall in the first 15 minutes to know that they are a better team than LG by a considerable margin and come championship will blow them out of the water.

Agreed, thought Cushendall played really well, some of the younger lads seem to be coming on well for them

To be fair to loughgiel 5 goals is no mean feat against Cushendalls defence especially without Watson.  Barney got 2 21yard frees and 1 from play, must have scored 3-8
What happens next????

slow corner back

Was Barney playing in midfield or up front max?

maxpower

Full forward, then corner forward
What happens next????

maxpower

Loughgiel missing watson, Cushendall missing Karl McKeegan,  apart from that they both had strong teams out.  Once again Aaron Graffin impressed at CHB, it was a surprisingly dead atomsphere given the decent crowd and the high scoring, though the last 15 minutes of the match and extra time where exciting enough.

Dunloy won by 5 points, started very poorly giving up a goal in the first minute and trailing by 6 points after the first quarter.  Gradually got into the game and got 2 goals late in the first half so when we turned around to play with a strong wind we had a 4 point lead.  Really should have kicked on in the second half but credit to Ballycastle they didn't let us.

Having saw Ballycastle 3 times this year i have to say they have improved somewhat on last year, some terrific fielders of a ball, Cosy and Hippy cause bother in the FF line and McAuley is a good centre back.  Good to see Pinky come on, i had heard he mightn't hurl again
What happens next????

NAG1

Ballycastle definitely improving.

milltown row

but will they be playing Div one next year or dropping down to div 2?

slow corner back

Tight enough between them and the Johnnies for relegation MR Portaferry not breaking much delph either but may come good.

NAG1

Any word on how the select teams are shaping up?

NAG1

I would have thought if you were going to play cushendall the best time would be to get them early on before they are into their stride.

I also thought that these were a good idea at the time but stated that they had to be run well and looked after properly but that doesnt seem to have been the case in any of them.