Author Topic: ANTRIM HURLING  (Read 4529692 times)

imtommygunn

• View Profile
Re: ANTRIM HURLING
« Reply #39750 on: January 11, 2020, 10:14:20 AM »
I like the look of that lineup for the Offaly game. McManus, Molloy and McNaughton all starting and Johnstons back too. We may or may not win but at least it looks like our best players are in there which is a good start.

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39751 on: January 11, 2020, 01:07:08 PM »
Have Offaly improved?
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

Milltown Row2

• View Profile
« Reply #39752 on: January 12, 2020, 03:40:22 PM »
Beaten by one point, Antrim couldn’t get in front during this game, was hoping for a win in this cup, gets you into the Walsh cup the following year I think
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

Dunloy realist

• View Profile
« Reply #39753 on: January 13, 2020, 08:58:00 AM »
by all accounts we played well enough. when you consider that Keelan and James have barely played a game they both got through the game rightly. add to that we have Ciaran Clarke to add back in there, conal cunning etc we have a good solid panel of players.

I know we wont lose any sleep over the Keohe Cup but it was good to see us get so many games in the build up to the League start at the end of the month. Offaly will be the team to beat in our league this year, along with Kerry, so its good to get a barometer of where we are against them at the moment.
hurl like f**k boi!

Dunloy realist

• View Profile
« Reply #39754 on: January 23, 2020, 08:50:54 AM »
Start of the league this weekend away to Wicklow then home to Mayo. those are two games that you would be wanting us to be winning before a tough game away to Offaly.

I dont think you can use the Keohe Cup game as much of a yardstick but on paper we should be beating them. With the Cdall lads back, the Johnnies players along with G Walsh etc all in the squad its prob the strongest panel we have had in the last few seasons.
hurl like f**k boi!

johnnycool

• View Profile
« Reply #39755 on: January 23, 2020, 10:10:30 AM »
Any Antrim clubs entering Martin Fogarty's U13 and U15 Tain leagues?

Milltown Row2

• View Profile
« Reply #39756 on: January 23, 2020, 10:53:15 AM »
Start of the league this weekend away to Wicklow then home to Mayo. those are two games that you would be wanting us to be winning before a tough game away to Offaly.

I dont think you can use the Keohe Cup game as much of a yardstick but on paper we should be beating them. With the Cdall lads back, the Johnnies players along with G Walsh etc all in the squad its prob the strongest panel we have had in the last few seasons.

Its the best opening games we could have hoped for to be honest. Heading down to the Offaly game hopefully, (though I'm ref'ing the winter league so hopefully no games) and I'd like to see us put a marker down for the league with a win their. The main thing this year should be the Joe McDonagh cup in fairness, it has the biggest prize at the end of it

Antrim Coaster

• View Profile
« Reply #39757 on: January 23, 2020, 01:36:27 PM »
by all accounts we played well enough. when you consider that Keelan and James have barely played a game they both got through the game rightly. add to that we have Ciaran Clarke to add back in there, conal cunning etc we have a good solid panel of players.

I know we wont lose any sleep over the Keohe Cup but it was good to see us get so many games in the build up to the League start at the end of the month. Offaly will be the team to beat in our league this year, along with Kerry, so its good to get a barometer of where we are against them at the moment.

Whats the story with Ciarán Clarke. Has he been injured or is working away???

Dunloy realist

• View Profile
« Reply #39758 on: January 23, 2020, 04:33:11 PM »
Last i heard Clarkey was injured just. Maybe some of the BC lads would know for 100%
hurl like f**k boi!

saffman

• View Profile
« Reply #39760 on: February 08, 2020, 09:07:17 AM »
Group 1
St.Johns, Dunloy, Ballycastle, Rossa
Group 2
Cushendall, Loughuile, st endas, st galls

Obv the group setting doesnt allow much for an 'upset' as such...
However certainly room for clubs to break into that top 4
Im sure ballycastle & rossa will be eyeing eachother up similarly and st endas and st galls in group 2.

Personally i feel Rossa or ballycastle on their day could turn over one of the big guns, whats peoples thoughts on something similar happening in group 2??

marty34

• View Profile
« Reply #39761 on: February 08, 2020, 11:54:09 AM »
Group 1
St.Johns, Dunloy, Ballycastle, Rossa
Group 2
Cushendall, Loughuile, st endas, st galls

Obv the group setting doesnt allow much for an 'upset' as such...
However certainly room for clubs to break into that top 4
Im sure ballycastle & rossa will be eyeing eachother up similarly and st endas and st galls in group 2.

Personally i feel Rossa or ballycastle on their day could turn over one of the big guns, whats peoples thoughts on something similar happening in group 2??

Is the game v Tipp in Belfast an all-ticket game?

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #39762 on: February 08, 2020, 12:01:39 PM »
Pretty sure it is.

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #39763 on: February 08, 2020, 02:33:39 PM »
That Davitts setup looks a lot better than corrigan.

Milltown Row2

• View Profile
« Reply #39764 on: February 08, 2020, 03:09:51 PM »
Draw!