Author Topic: ANTRIM HURLING  (Read 4724200 times)

paddyjohn

• View Profile
Re: ANTRIM HURLING
« Reply #39030 on: February 13, 2019, 10:26:53 PM »
Itís the norm and has been happening for years, not right but any county player will tell you that stuff is standard..

We beat the Galway champs a few years ago, I made sure our captain went into their changing rooms and told the Galway lads to keep up the good work in Galway, I know itís tough, blah blah. The standard shite they would have given back..

Nothing near racial or homophobic abuse

Standard or not, do we keep accepting it? We just keep taking it and say nothing as thatís the manly thing to do? F**k that.

Two Hands FFS

• View Profile
« Reply #39031 on: February 13, 2019, 10:30:02 PM »
Only heard of the one incident on Saturday (involving Burke). Donít know anout anything else.

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39032 on: February 13, 2019, 10:32:42 PM »
The only way to settle those things is on the pitch, and after the match ram it do their throat..

The cricketers are in the limelight at the minute about the abuse.

Referees should be given powers to react to this sort of stuff should it be in ear shot.
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

paddyjohn

• View Profile
« Reply #39033 on: February 13, 2019, 10:37:30 PM »
The only way to settle those things is on the pitch, and after the match ram it do their throat..

Referees should be given powers to react to this sort of stuff should it be in ear shot.

Agree 100% on the refs being allowed to act against it, but how many would consider it banter and part of the game and not act?

Milltown Row2

• View Profile
« Reply #39034 on: February 13, 2019, 10:48:03 PM »

Agree 100% on the refs being allowed to act against it, but how many would consider it banter and part of the game and not act?

I think any ref with any moral compass will know the difference, these things should have been tackled years ago, and havenít been.

But Iíve heard shite all the time and from players from certain clubs, hurling and football snobs Iíd say and Iíve told them to wind their next in and have a bitta respect, unfortunately thatís as far as I can go
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

north_antrim_hound

• View Profile
« Reply #39035 on: February 14, 2019, 09:10:42 AM »
Galway has a history of this with Antrim over the years. I remember pinky got the line at salt hill. The abuse he was getting was that bad he duly obliged with some timber, Off he goes and the winner is.
Thereís been a few incidents over the years but I am surprised it was David Burke

Hand up

• View Profile
« Reply #39036 on: February 14, 2019, 10:08:13 PM »
It's a bit much too ask the Refs to control this as well, they have enough trouble making up rules as they go ;)

Milltown Row2

• View Profile
« Reply #39037 on: February 14, 2019, 10:13:44 PM »
It's a bit much too ask the Refs to control this as well, they have enough trouble making up rules as they go ;)

Hopefully you get the rub of the green this season, the amount of gurning never helps ;D

Dunloy realist

• View Profile
« Reply #39038 on: February 15, 2019, 01:06:59 PM »
any idea as to when the league fixtures are out?
hurl like f**k boi!

ciaran1988

• View Profile
« Reply #39039 on: February 16, 2019, 05:24:15 PM »
any idea as to when the league fixtures are out?

Fixture dates have been announced, Iím surprised that they didnít release the actual fixtures taking place on  these dates. Id have thought all league fixtures would have been released before Mondayís championship draw unless they release them at the draw

Saffrongael

• View Profile
« Reply #39040 on: February 17, 2019, 09:08:02 PM »
I assume promotion is impossible after today ?

Dunloy realist

• View Profile
« Reply #39041 on: February 18, 2019, 08:37:53 AM »
barring results going our way as in the teams at the lower end beating the top end teams we will be in this league next year. its not a bad thing when you look at our league results as we are where we need to be at the moment.
hurl like f**k boi!

north_antrim_hound

• View Profile
« Reply #39042 on: February 18, 2019, 01:16:05 PM »
Thatís our level for sure, going up would be pointless. Very impressed with Westmeath who dominated all over the field, beat us in the air and the dirty ball. Better movement and when they played against the breeze they worked the ball up the field intelligently and some great finishing. The two point deficit was flattering to our lads.
Stay in this group and try and improve.

Milltown Row2

• View Profile
« Reply #39043 on: February 18, 2019, 01:35:20 PM »
Thatís our level for sure, going up would be pointless. Very impressed with Westmeath who dominated all over the field, beat us in the air and the dirty ball. Better movement and when they played against the breeze they worked the ball up the field intelligently and some great finishing. The two point deficit was flattering to our lads.
Couldnít make it as I was doing a challenge game, were Westmeath physically stronger than us?

The fielding of high ball or not winning dirty second phase ball is not helping.. have we as coaches come away from those basic techniques?

Pjoe

• View Profile
« Reply #39044 on: February 18, 2019, 03:17:40 PM »

I thought when we played hurling intelligently in the first half we looked the much better side - moved the ball fast and accurately. In the second half we reverted to lashing the ball 80 yards from the puck-out in the hope we would win it under the high ball - don't think we won a single puck-out in the second half. If we had persisted with the style of play from the first half we would have gained the victory.