Author Topic: ANTRIM HURLING  (Read 3995081 times)

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
Re: ANTRIM HURLING
« Reply #37635 on: February 20, 2018, 01:43:27 PM »
Not too sure what games you were watching MR2 to have seen a lot more heavier players than some on Saturday nite.    You must have been watching a few divisions below but you are right about the expectations. Although Im really not sure why because its the same "Management" and "style" as previous years.   We said at the end of last year after an embarrassing display in Croke that things needed to change -  has it ??  going on Saturday nights overall performance the answer has to be No.  NAG is right " it shows that we are exactly where we have been for the last couple of years" .

Go on to the hurling thread of the board Old Timer and check what other hurling supporters have been discussing about this weekend games, its about the size of some of the players, not Aantrim but other counties..

We havent played these teams at this level for a while but your continuing with the management bashing.. your views on making Antrim better are?
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

groundlie

• View Profile
« Reply #37636 on: February 20, 2018, 03:25:40 PM »
Given the circumstances in limerick regarding club and college commitments I reckon we could sneak a win on Sunday.

Milltown Row2

• View Profile
« Reply #37637 on: February 20, 2018, 03:55:53 PM »
Limerick have given us some handy beatings over the years, even when i thought we'd have a decent chance at those times they have managed to come up and give us a hidding... Again I'd be happy with a competitive game, take the win but take a better performance
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

old timers

• View Profile
« Reply #37638 on: February 20, 2018, 04:19:25 PM »
Not too sure what games you were watching MR2 to have seen a lot more heavier players than some on Saturday nite.    You must have been watching a few divisions below but you are right about the expectations. Although Im really not sure why because its the same "Management" and "style" as previous years.   We said at the end of last year after an embarrassing display in Croke that things needed to change -  has it ??  going on Saturday nights overall performance the answer has to be No.  NAG is right " it shows that we are exactly where we have been for the last couple of years" .

Go on to the hurling thread of the board Old Timer and check what other hurling supporters have been discussing about this weekend games, its about the size of some of the players, not Aantrim but other counties..

We havent played these teams at this level for a while but your continuing with the management bashing.. your views on making Antrim better are?

Ah well then sure itís all ok  then cause it happens in other counties.  The only county that Iím concerned with is Antrim. And unfortunately my ďmanagement bashingĒ most certainly is not that -  it is the lack of progress made that speaks for itself. gaining promotion last year was great but to go straight back down again would mean we are no better off. IMO.  As for making Antrim better well if itís not working then we need ďchange ď of some description.  Iv been there. Done my bit and gave my thoughts and concerns many times And unfortunately for Antrim good performances donít bring about points. 

MoChara

• View Profile
« Reply #37639 on: February 20, 2018, 07:07:57 PM »
Sounds like we need a Russian billionaire to buy us a load of players from foreign counties.

bannside

• View Profile
« Reply #37640 on: February 20, 2018, 07:22:25 PM »
Look lads a blind man can see that some very obvious progress is being made.  The performances are up a definite notch or two or two on previous years....so credit to all concerned. Hopefully it can continue.

Plain of the Herbs

• View Profile
« Reply #37641 on: February 20, 2018, 10:47:31 PM »

Milltown Row2

• View Profile
« Reply #37642 on: February 20, 2018, 11:35:16 PM »

Ah well then sure itís all ok  then cause it happens in other counties.  The only county that Iím concerned with is Antrim. And unfortunately my ďmanagement bashingĒ most certainly is not that -  it is the lack of progress made that speaks for itself. gaining promotion last year was great but to go straight back down again would mean we are no better off. IMO.  As for making Antrim better well if itís not working then we need ďchange ď of some description.  Iv been there. Done my bit and gave my thoughts and concerns many times And unfortunately for Antrim good performances donít bring about points.

These other counties are competing at the top table..

who are these few players in Antrim you talk about? Manager bashing and now player bashing! You only concern is Antrim, hmmm youíve a strange way of supporting them.

The management have the players that wanted to commit to the county, we canít draft players in from other counties and we canít force players to play! Iím nit sure how management was picked but Iím sure there was a process.

So letís get on with the game, hurling at a higher level now

theskull1

• View Profile
« Reply #37643 on: February 21, 2018, 07:52:16 AM »
Important to keep in mind, there's been no 'tangible' shrinking of the gap in terms of our competitiveness in the juvenile ranks in 10-15 years. Don't believe we'll move up much, higher standards wise than where we are currently whilst that remains the case (a difficult nut to crack up here). Both management and player commitment at senior level seems to be right at the moment.
Itís a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

groundlie

• View Profile
« Reply #37644 on: February 21, 2018, 11:56:46 AM »
In my opinion the last few years have been very successful bar the Christy Ring finals. Gaining promotion was a fantastic achievement last year and this years league is hugely encouraging. Ok we haven't picked up points but I dont care. I'm a much happier Antrim fan these days because every match we play we have been and I believe will be competitive. Keep up the hard work management and players. You're doing your county proud.

ciaran1988

• View Profile
« Reply #37645 on: February 21, 2018, 02:33:09 PM »
Limerick travelling up to Antrim on the Saturday with only a panel of 23 players 3 of which are goalkeepers for Sunday's game. I'm sure they will still have a decent 15 starting minus the UL and NaP players as they will be looking a big winner takes promotion clash with Galway the following week but again I feel we are being massively under rated as some bookies have a handicap of 11 points.
Surely our lads will be well up for this after a disappointing result on Saturday past and will make a good close game out of this and deliver another positive performance like the ones against Galway and Dublin. Saffrons Abķ

Dunloy realist

• View Profile
« Reply #37646 on: February 22, 2018, 01:04:49 PM »
its all about positives lads. look too them and stop searching for negatives to cling too.

yes we have lost the games and its been disappointing but in years past we would of lost those games by big scores whereas we are holding our own now. it just needs time and support from everyone.
hurl like f**k boi!

groundlie

• View Profile
« Reply #37647 on: February 22, 2018, 02:26:16 PM »
We ran the all ireland champs to 3 points on their home patch and unlucky lost to Dublin who we all know have an embarrassment of riches and playing numbers. And people can still be negative? We should be lavishing praise on the players and management for what they are doing! Keep the senior team competitive and keep developing young players and we'll be on to a winner! Lets get away from the groundhog negative crap! Antrim Abu!!

let it fly

• View Profile
« Reply #37648 on: February 23, 2018, 06:56:05 AM »
Strong enough team heading to cushendall with limerick after all the fitzgibbon chat and with Na Par players gone, shows what riches linerick actually have and they have been underachieving for last 2 years I think. A decent showing against them would be great as I believe Linerick have a big year ahead of them

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #37649 on: February 23, 2018, 07:44:18 AM »
Limerick arguably should have beat kk o get to the ai final a few years ago and possibly could have won it but seem to have dropped off a lot since then. Strange as they do seem to have the players.

In saying that any kind of result for us against them would be a huge result. We historically do very poorly against them - i think they are too physical for us - so iwould behappy with competitiveness.