Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paddyjohn

Quote from: cfclg on October 01, 2018, 10:16:36 AM
Quote from: NAG1 on October 01, 2018, 09:54:40 AM
Quote from: Sweeper 123 on October 01, 2018, 09:33:45 AM
I believe that the results at the weekend were fair and the refs in both games did not cost any team - i thought they were neutral, tried to let both games flow (rather that than start /stop) yep for sure they missed somethings (and probably could have been helped more by their linesmen) - overall a good performance by both men in the middle.

I take it you werent at the game yesterday then Sweeper. It wasnt as much a case of stop start as it was stop stop. The game never got going in any sense especially in the second half, partly LG tactic and partly the ref.

Didnt affect the outcome of the game just made it an even poorer watch.

Also when are we going to learn about Ballycastle, we continually take these big game there only to have them completely ruined by prevailing conditions. No programme, no announcement of the teams, no PA system for anthem but apart from that was grand  :(

Bad enough with the wind up there in July/ august never mind the business end in October. Its a very exposed place and whoever uses the conditions best normally comes out on top.

Only fair that the cdall johnnies replay is in the city tbh. Can't have everything in NA IMO.

Where in the city? Hannahstown, another venue that is destroyed by the elements. Bear pit? Where would the parking be at?

Sweeper 123

Quote from: cfclg on October 01, 2018, 10:22:17 AM
I believe that the results at the weekend were fair and the refs in both games did not cost any team - i thought they were neutral, tried to let both games flow (rather that than start /stop) yep for sure they missed somethings (and probably could have been helped more by their linesmen) - overall a good performance by both men in the middle.

Haha. You must be related to them or very good friends!

Honestly but, when a ref has a poor game (in the same way a player does), they need to be held accountable. Here's an idea. In cship games, an assessment panel made up of neutral gaels from other clubs (not ex referees) should rate the referees performance on various factors and the overall assessment be posted on Antrim website. All anonymous of course. What about that for a crazy a*s idea. A bit like the player ratings you see in the papers.

Nope not related/friends, yep some things missed but as i said didnt really affect the outcome; I do like your idea of a assessments but dont think were ready yet for the results to be posted / shared with the public;

Jesusjones

Quote from: cfclg on October 01, 2018, 10:16:36 AM
Quote from: NAG1 on October 01, 2018, 09:54:40 AM

I take it you werent at the game yesterday then Sweeper. It wasnt as much a case of stop start as it was stop stop. The game never got going in any sense especially in the second half, partly LG tactic and partly the ref.

Didnt affect the outcome of the game just made it an even poorer watch.

Also when are we going to learn about Ballycastle, we continually take these big game there only to have them completely ruined by prevailing conditions. No programme, no announcement of the teams, no PA system for anthem but apart from that was grand  :(

Bad enough with the wind up there in July/ august never mind the business end in October. Its a very exposed place and whoever uses the conditions best normally comes out on top.

Only fair that the cdall johnnies replay is in the city tbh. Can't have everything in NA IMO.

No stewards in the car park on the way out either. Complete mess trying to get out. Dunloy did a great job on the Saturday with stewards directing traffic right down through the village.
What about this new 20 grand ticket van as well? That was some investment. I've seen shorter queues going to the ticket booth at croke park. If there is any way to make a balls of something as simple as walking up to a gate man and paying into a game our county will find it.

Sleeping giant

Quote from: Jesusjones on October 01, 2018, 06:47:00 AM
Quote from: gaelforce13 on September 30, 2018, 10:22:04 PM
Quote from: paddyjohn on September 30, 2018, 08:48:46 PM
Things I learned today :
1. Ballycastle is one cold hole.
2. iPhones don't like rain.
3. Never steal a Dunloy mans dugout.
4. Dunloy ladies make an awful lot of noise when annoyed.
5. Tiernan Coyle is a hardy wee bucko.

O and don't act the bigman, never ends well when you show yourself up for what you are.

Things I learned today.

Our wee country is a cold hole....
Loughgiel haven't gone away you know😉
Dunloy tried to rattle Loughgiel by taking 'their dugout' how dare their. The scenes that follow this where a disgrace. They actually tossed for the Dug out Dunloy won & Loughgiel still refused to move?
The standard was awful I thought last night's game was poor.
IMO ref had a solid game. Possibly got shorty call wrong but his linesman was right on it to.
Loughgiel will canter the final.
Semi replay is 2weeks time in Loughgiel. Final has been pushed back.

"Loughgiel will walk the final."  ;D ;D If this weekend has taught us anything it's that nobody walks anything in Antrim anymore. But after dethroning the defending champions Loughgiel will be favorites for the final.
i tried telling you this last week  :o
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

maxpower

Plenty of comment on Dunloy ill discipline, the venue, the ref but is anyone going to call out the anti hurling tactics employed by Loughgiel! 8 defenders ffs, persistent time wasting and breaking up the play. 
What happens next????

north aontroim gael

Quote from: maxpower on October 01, 2018, 12:37:45 PM
Plenty of comment on Dunloy ill discipline, the venue, the ref but is anyone going to call out the anti hurling tactics employed by Loughgiel! 8 defenders ffs, persistent time wasting and breaking up the play.

Christ. Imagine not getting into a shoot out and leaving space for an electric fast forward line. How dare they!

maxpower

These ultra defensive systems have served football well since  Donegal's won at all costs!
What happens next????

pdiddy

Quote from: maxpower on October 01, 2018, 12:37:45 PM

I think you'll find that it was Dunloy's ill discipline that caused the break-ups in play.  When you get hurl broken over your ribs it tends to slow you up a bit!
When a team loses, there's always a row at half time, but when they win, its an inspirational speech

north aontroim gael

Quote from: maxpower on October 01, 2018, 12:50:52 PM
These ultra defensive systems have served football well since  Donegal's won at all costs!

Loughgiel scored 6 points more than Dunloy. Wonder how they managed that if they were so defensive?

Na Glinntí Glasa

what was the free count at the end of the game anyway?

game had no pace to it at all and was all stop start. Lgiel got their tactics spot on and we didnt. Defensibly we didnt do a lot wrong, our keeper had very little to do the whole game but it was the amount of frees we gave away killed us. Up front we just didnt do enough work.

you learn lessons from it and move on. 
hurl like f**k boi!

paddyjohn

Quote from: Dunloy realist on October 01, 2018, 01:18:23 PM

game had no pace to it at all and was all stop start. Lgiel got their tactics spot on and we didnt. Defensibly we didnt do a lot wrong, our keeper had very little to do the whole game but it was the amount of frees we gave away killed us. Up front we just didnt do enough work.

Spot on as per usual DR. Fair play to the Dunloy club on Saturday btw. Helpfulness of stewards and members top notch again.

north aontroim gael

Quote from: Dunloy realist on October 01, 2018, 01:18:23 PM

Exactly that. Dunloy will have learnt a lot (both players and management) from the Slaughtneil game last year and yesterday. Plenty of big days for them in coming years.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: north aontroim gael on October 01, 2018, 12:53:05 PM
Quote from: maxpower on October 01, 2018, 12:50:52 PM

Loughgiel scored 6 points more than Dunloy. Wonder how they managed that if they were so defensive?

10 minutes of actual hurling in one half of hurling and LG scored 6 points from play in the 67 minutes played
Yes shorty and James should have walked but the Neymar type rolling about was pethetic for the whole match
Sweepers and diving effective yes but ask any neutral on here was it a good game of hurling
Imm more disappointed with the way we hurled or didn't
Ten minutes hurling would have beat LG no problem
We where brutal yesterday
And could everyone back of the REF
That was a hard match to do considering one team spent half the match rolling about on the ground   
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Jesusjones

If any team in the county were going up against Dunloys forwards they'd set up defensively. If you don't you'll get cleaned out. Can't fault Loughgiel for doing it. Were Dunloy not expecting it? Tactics are a bit like dugouts, not everything goes the way you want.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Jesusjones on October 01, 2018, 01:45:53 PM
If any team in the county were going up against Dunloys forwards they'd set up defensively. If you don't you'll get cleaned out. Can't fault Loughgiel for doing it. Were Dunloy not expecting it? Tactics are a bit like dugouts, not everything goes the way you want.

Dunloy where ready for a sweeper but we just never got of the bus
Sure they have played games during the league  against sweepers
So if the best way to win a match is stay in your own half and slow the game down by pretending to be half dead  then this wonderful game is heading down the bogball path
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets