Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

bannside

The stand off with Lennon's compensation has obviously been sorted out, Lennon's adviser (agent) will get his pound of flesh too, and this brings a sad chapter to its logical conclusion. It's always about the money at that level.

TIAR didn't happen. Disappointing but life goes on and if lessons can be learned, Dominic Mc Kay can lead us into this European league in good shape for 2024.

Sometimes things need to get worse before they get better. Up the Celts.

trailer

He was just out of his depth. He was an average player who made the most of his limited abilities, he was an even worse manager. Surely questions must be asked of those who appointed him. Do they know what they are doing? A club in real trouble it would seem.

straightred

Quote from: trailer on February 24, 2021, 08:54:09 AM
He was just out of his depth. He was an average player who made the most of his limited abilities, he was an even worse manager. Surely questions must be asked of those who appointed him. Do they know what they are doing? A club in real trouble it would seem.

Lawell is going too so the only man left is Desmond and he is the majority shareholder so good luck with that.

The club will bounce back quickly with a good appointment. Despite the circus of the last few months they are extremely well run financially. They have to show more ambition in Europe though. Invest upfront and then qualify rather than gambling and trying to do it the wrong way around. Today is a good day !

bennydorano

Quote from: themac_23 on February 24, 2021, 08:41:53 AM
Quote from: bennydorano on February 24, 2021, 08:09:09 AM
Good luck to Neil Lennon. Don't see Kennedy improving things much tbh.

he doesn't have to, the season is gone this gives them a chance to try and get the right man in give him a bit of time to get a squad together at the end of the season before qualifiers. also relieves the pressure the club is under and will hopefully not mean the ST sales take the nose dive. JK will not be Celtic manager after the next 8 games
Get away. The search for his successor was going on anyway, everyone knows Lennon has been a dead man walking for months. Kennedy will likely do worse in the short term was the point I was making.

balladmaker

All the best Neil.  I don't think anyone can seriously say that he did not have Celtic's best in mind for everything he did.  He tried to turn it around, but it didn't work out. 

tonto1888

All the best Neil, should have left weeks ago but was a great servant to the club.

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: tonto1888 on February 24, 2021, 09:36:21 AM
All the best Neil, should have left weeks ago but was a great servant to the club.
Correction should have left months ago

Angelo

The next appointment is huge.

I'm worried that John Kennedy is the favourite, really worried.

Kennedy should be hunted from the first team squad as he was part of this sorry mess this season. We need a manager in with pedigree and he also needs full autonomy on his backroom team.

I'd like a manager with an identity and a style, someone who knows what he wants his team to be about, that is tactically astute and puts the work in on the training ground. Someone like Martinez/Howe/Jardim who will work with the players day in day out to improve them and get the team knowing exactly what they are doing. Lennon's failing was that he wasn't interested in coaching the team, he has an incredibly lazy work ethic for a manager and that is attested to from plenty of his ex players.

McGeady was on Simon Ferry's podcast recently and he was absolutely glowing about Roberto Martinez as a manager, said tactically and on the training ground he was light years ahead of anyone he trained under.  Martinez has links to Scotland and probably has had his fill of international management now, he's the guy I'd be getting Celtic to push the boat out on.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

JohnDenver

Quote from: Angelo on February 24, 2021, 10:02:43 AM

Kennedy should be hunted from the first team squad as he was part of this sorry mess this season. We need a manager in with pedigree and he also needs full autonomy on his backroom team.

I'd like a manager with an identity and a style, someone who knows what he wants his team to be about, that is tactically astute and puts the work in on the training ground. Someone like Martinez/Howe/Jardim who will work with the players day in day out to improve them and get the team knowing exactly what they are doing. Lennon's failing was that he wasn't interested in coaching the team, he has an incredibly lazy work ethic for a manager and that is attested to from plenty of his ex players.

McGeady was on Simon Ferry's podcast recently and he was absolutely glowing about Roberto Martinez as a manager, said tactically and on the training ground he was light years ahead of anyone he trained under.  Martinez has links to Scotland and probably has had his fill of international management now, he's the guy I'd be getting Celtic to push the boat out on.

Did you hear the one with Duff when he was full of praise for Kennedy?  Kennedy may well have a lot of potential, but the fact he's be in around the team as a number 2 or otherwise for so long, I don't think it would be a good idea for him to be given the job on a permanent basis now. Who knows, maybe years down the line with a complete new crop of players.

Reading on twitter Matt McGlone also mentioning a Martinez Maloney ticket after the euros.

Milltown Row2

No offence but why would a top coach in Martinez, want to go to Celtic? Improve his impressive CV? not guaranteed CL football now that Rangers have got their act together.

Wages, having been with Everton and Belgium he'd been on a good wage I'd assume, would his wages be less at Celtic?

It would be a great addition to Celtic, always liked his approach.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnnycool

Quote from: JohnDenver on February 24, 2021, 10:21:21 AM
Quote from: Angelo on February 24, 2021, 10:02:43 AM

Did you hear the one with Duff when he was full of praise for Kennedy?  Kennedy may well have a lot of potential, but the fact he's be in around the team as a number 2 or otherwise for so long, I don't think it would be a good idea for him to be given the job on a permanent basis now. Who knows, maybe years down the line with a complete new crop of players.

Reading on twitter Matt McGlone also mentioning a Martinez Maloney ticket after the euros.

Eddie Howe is the man Celtic need.

bennydorano

I wouldn't have Kennedy in consideration at all, it would be a huge mistake, it's so obvious a clean break & new start are required. Martinez would be a great choice, but I'd agree he might have his sights set higher, if we did manage to get him it could be another Rogers situation, putting himself in the shop window and could be gone sharpish.

Main Street

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 24, 2021, 10:38:29 AM
No offence but why would a top coach in Martinez, want to go to Celtic? Improve his impressive CV? not guaranteed CL football now that Rangers have got their act together.

Wages, having been with Everton and Belgium he'd been on a good wage I'd assume, would his wages be less at Celtic?

It would be a great addition to Celtic, always liked his approach.

Maybe there are questions about Martinez in the EPL. He's doing very well with Belgium, he'll lead themĀ“at the  Euros with a chance of winning and he's contracted until 2022
Belgium manager wages are good but not out of this world - -approx GBP 1m p/a

What about Mick O'Neill? he's done well with Stoke, they're not likely to gain promotion this year and I doubt if an EPL club would take a plunge on him.
Then there's (fast) Eddie Howe, but surely he's biding his time and will be picked up by some EPL club.

Milltown Row2

The Norwich manager has done a cracking job also
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

JohnDenver

You would imagine Martinez would be on similar wages to what Rogers would have been on.  The lure of "easier" won league titles and cups and champions league football?

The euros will be a big factor. You're basically gambling on his stock after that. If Belgium do well with their star studded squad, you'd think he will have the big of clubs chasing his name. If a deal was in place before hand, it would probably be less of a gamble for Celtic, unless Belgium completely bomb out.