1 (0.8%)
Last 16
9 (7%)
Third in the group and Europa League
35 (27.1%)
Bottom of the group
43 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 129

Author Topic: The Offical Glasgow Celtic thread  (Read 1011501 times)

Main Street

• View Profile
Re: The Offical Glasgow Celtic thread
« Reply #13575 on: November 03, 2018, 05:10:54 PM »
Celtic can hammer Hearts, Hibs and Rangers but are piss poor in Europe, even Rangers are more organised when playing similar european opposition that Celtic are facing.

Insane Bolt

• View Profile
« Reply #13576 on: November 03, 2018, 05:51:56 PM »
Celtic can hammer Hearts, Hibs and Rangers but are piss poor in Europe, even Rangers are more organised when playing similar european opposition that Celtic are facing.

If memory serves me right Celtic have beaten Barcelona, Man Utd, Juventus, drawn with Man City twice in recent European campaigns. Rangers only chance of doing that is on a PlayStation.

ned

• View Profile
« Reply #13577 on: November 03, 2018, 06:37:22 PM »

Why come into this thread if all you can offer is negativity? Go and look at the respective European teams and their performances and league placings this season so far. Add in the fact that rangers last two European opponents had just sacked their managers. But then again don't let facts get in the way of a bit of mind numbing trolling.

Main Street

• View Profile
« Reply #13578 on: November 03, 2018, 07:15:17 PM »

Why come into this thread if all you can offer is negativity? Go and look at the respective European teams and their performances and league placings this season so far. Add in the fact that rangers last two European opponents had just sacked their managers. But then again don't let facts get in the way of a bit of mind numbing trolling.
You call this mind numbing trolling :D  get a grip onto your senses.
Celtic's performances in Europe this year have been poor. Rangers have done well so far with a poor team. There are 3 games left, we'll see how Celtic do against Leipzig next week.  Rodgers is doing well in the EPL but tactically is struggling in europe, whereas Gerrard manages his slim resources quite well in the EL.

The team Rodgers puts out in the EL would beat Rangers 9/10 in the epl. 

Main Street

• View Profile
« Reply #13579 on: November 08, 2018, 09:59:41 PM »
A wonderful night at Celtic Park with most everything you'd want from a Celtic 11 at home in Europe. The second goal was a charm, a total delight. Badly needed at this stage in the group.

Solo_run

• View Profile
« Reply #13580 on: November 08, 2018, 10:05:01 PM »
Only watched the last ten minutes. Celtic need to be more composed, they gave away possession 4/5 times in the last few minutes and it could cost them in the future.

bannside

• View Profile
« Reply #13581 on: November 08, 2018, 10:18:04 PM »
Superb result that's us back in it.  Make no mistake that's a good Leipzig team...shows that Celts season has turned a corner. Did I see Skinner Bradley in the crowd celebrating after our second goal?

clarshack

• View Profile
« Reply #13582 on: November 08, 2018, 10:40:10 PM »
Fantastic performance and result tonight. Just hope it isn't one of those groups were 12 points doesn't even get you through.

Targetman

• View Profile
« Reply #13583 on: November 08, 2018, 10:48:16 PM »
Great performance and result tonight, Rodgers has the team back playing to a level that has been missing for a while, really impressed with Ryan Christy who seems to have benefited from a run in the team, overall a good night!!

illdecide

• Quit your Jibba Jabbing Fool
    • View Profile
« Reply #13584 on: November 08, 2018, 11:28:07 PM »
was in Jak's bar in Isle of Man watching game tonight, some guy wearing Rangers top jumped about when the Germans scored and shouted something about Fenians but couldn't hear him properly but he mad a mistake as 60 sec later i let him know when Celtic scored 2nd goal...F**king priceless it was, me and some random woman doing the huddle in the middle of the bar just to wind that bastid up...Brilliant stuff

Was supposed to go to the game but got sent away with work to Isle of Man...feckers, played well especially first half. We'll see now how the two Red Bull teams help each other out (like they're not supposed too ::)) the name gives it away...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

ned

• View Profile
« Reply #13585 on: November 08, 2018, 11:32:30 PM »
Superb tonight, proper European performance. Two great goals. McGregor, Christie and Tierney were superb and Edouard gave a very good Centre forward performance.

Applesisapples

• View Profile
« Reply #13586 on: November 09, 2018, 10:21:14 AM »
I thought McGregor was outstanding tonight, just grow and grows, future Captain.

ned

• View Profile
« Reply #13587 on: November 09, 2018, 12:32:27 PM »
I thought McGregor was outstanding tonight, just grow and grows, future Captain.

Thought it took a few players ten minutes or so to get going. McGregor appeared possessed!

straightred

• View Profile
« Reply #13588 on: November 09, 2018, 01:39:56 PM »
they were excellent all night. Showed great attitude to get the winner straight after conceding (WTF was Lustig doing ?). It was as good a game as I've seen in a while

themac_23

• View Profile
« Reply #13589 on: November 09, 2018, 05:39:52 PM »
was in Jak's bar in Isle of Man watching game tonight, some guy wearing Rangers top jumped about when the Germans scored and shouted something about Fenians but couldn't hear him properly but he mad a mistake as 60 sec later i let him know when Celtic scored 2nd goal...F**king priceless it was, me and some random woman doing the huddle in the middle of the bar just to wind that bastid up...Brilliant stuff

Was supposed to go to the game but got sent away with work to Isle of Man...feckers, played well especially first half. We'll see now how the two Red Bull teams help each other out (like they're not supposed too ::)) the name gives it away...

was thinking that myself, but Salzberg aren't guaranteed to get through. we play Rosenberg next if we win that we are on 9 pts and if Leipzig beat Salzberg they'd be on 9 with their last game to play rosenberg and Salzberg would be on 9 meaning would be a straight shootout between us and Salzberg at Celtic Park, im sure after seeing last night they would prefer to have it in the bag by then.

Was at the game last night, great atmosphere place was electric, for all the p*ss taking about the lights etc it actually was pretty cool. Its amazing what a decent centre back partnership can do, our weak link is still Gordon and Lustig, Gordons kicking last night was brutal, put us under pressure on occasions with no need to at all