1 (1.1%)
Last 16
7 (7.4%)
Third in the group and Europa League
22 (23.4%)
Bottom of the group
34 (36.2%)

Total Members Voted: 94

Author Topic: The Offical Glasgow Celtic thread  (Read 699635 times)

Gaffer

• View Profile
Re: The Offical Glasgow Celtic thread
« Reply #11895 on: July 16, 2017, 05:53:30 PM »
No doubt the away supporters bogs will get special attention
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Walter Cronc

• UTW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11896 on: July 17, 2017, 02:45:58 AM »
What kinda numbers are Linfield taking to parkhead? Can we expect a visual welcome from the green brigade?

seafoid

• View Profile
« Reply #11897 on: July 17, 2017, 07:17:44 AM »
When will we hear about UEFA's punishment for Linfield?
UEFA decided that being from Belfast with those supporters was sufficient punishment. Loyal Orange Lodge.
Last of the choc-ices there now

T Fearon

• View Profile
« Reply #11898 on: July 17, 2017, 07:23:33 AM »
As I understand it there are 1500 hundred Linfield fans travelling,and they are being accompanied on the entire journey (coaches and boat) by club and eventsec stewards.

I hope they are not subjected to sectarian abuse,it is important that we do not stoop to their level and allow the media to portray the line one's as bad as the other.Let's do the talking on the pitch with a goal avalanche.

illdecide

• Quit your Jibba Jabbing Fool
    • View Profile
« Reply #11899 on: July 17, 2017, 09:57:30 AM »
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

screenexile

• Up The Screen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11900 on: July 17, 2017, 04:46:07 PM »
As I understand it there are 1500 hundred Linfield fans travelling,and they are being accompanied on the entire journey (coaches and boat) by club and eventsec stewards.

I hope they are not subjected to sectarian abuse,it is important that we do not stoop to their level and allow the media to portray the line one's as bad as the other.Let's do the talking on the pitch with a goal avalanche.

Griffiths and Celtic charged by UEFA!!

Griffiths doesn't seem like the sharpest tool in the box, what did he think would happen when he tied the scarf to the goalpost? Has he done it at Ibrox?!!

Eejit!

theskull1

• View Profile
« Reply #11901 on: July 17, 2017, 05:39:59 PM »
Yet to many calling out shitty Linfield fans he's a legend for doing it. Doesn't make sense to me.

Whatever happened to staying classy
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 06:03:05 PM by theskull1 »

an léirmheastóir

• View Profile
« Reply #11902 on: July 17, 2017, 06:15:21 PM »
Why is there such a deliberate naming of the missile as a "buckfast bottle"?
Is it not enough to say "a bottle was thrown at a celtic player"?

Is there something sinister, more lethal in that it was not just a bottle, but 'twas "a buckfast bottle"?

Ok a glass bottle

tonto1888

• View Profile
« Reply #11903 on: July 17, 2017, 06:48:53 PM »

Griffiths doesn't seem like the sharpest tool in the box, what did he think would happen when he tied the scarf to the goalpost? Has he done it at Ibrox?!!

Eejit!

yes, and Tynecastle

Main Street

• View Profile
« Reply #11904 on: July 17, 2017, 07:38:05 PM »
Celtic are charged for the team picking up 5 yellow cards, foolish when it's just Linfield and there are more important games ahead.

Would it be a more serious charge for Linfield if their fan was accused of throwing a Buckfast bottle onto the pitch?
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 08:08:44 PM by Main Street »

Hectic

• View Profile
« Reply #11905 on: July 17, 2017, 08:49:02 PM »

Eejit!

yes, and Tynecastle

And a good few other grounds. It is almost a ritual for him at this stage but he probably should have been wise to the fact he was messing with the emotional delicacy of psychopaths on Friday night.

Hectic

• View Profile
« Reply #11906 on: July 17, 2017, 08:51:56 PM »
Celtic are charged for the team picking up 5 yellow cards, foolish when it's just Linfield and there are more important games ahead.

Would it be a more serious charge for Linfield if their fan was accused of throwing a Buckfast bottle onto the pitch?

Yeah I thought a lot of the cards were needless and could be costly further down the road. Griffiths could be excused and it was a cowardly, potentially damaging tackle from behind on Armstrong that caused him to react but it was Linfield FFS, we had no need to be picking up any yellow cards.

ned

• View Profile
« Reply #11907 on: July 17, 2017, 09:51:09 PM »

Yeah I thought a lot of the cards were needless and could be costly further down the road. Griffiths could be excused and it was a cowardly, potentially damaging tackle from behind on Armstrong that caused him to react but it was Linfield FFS, we had no need to be picking up any yellow cards.

Griffiths card was needless, as in needless for the ref to give it. Unfortunately when the ref allows thugs to get away with thuggery our players are going to react. As for tying the scarf to the post, if that is counted as incitment, I think those who are offended need to look at themselves.

theskull1

• View Profile
« Reply #11908 on: July 17, 2017, 10:19:24 PM »
An orange knuckle dragger ties a scarf round a lamppost in front of Ardoyne shops to the cheers of his reprobate buddies. Not inciteful? Really?  :o

T Fearon

• View Profile
« Reply #11909 on: July 18, 2017, 05:57:07 AM »
The abuse all of the Celtic players took at the shithole that is Windsor Park,and in particular Brown,Griffiths and Sinclair,was unbelievable.I can well understand Griffiths wanting to rub it in.