?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

lynchbhoy

Quote from: charlieTully on March 20, 2015, 12:10:01 AM
What odds would tempt you on celtic not doing the treble?
I don't gamble and have no idea about odds - and couldn't care less!

But I know that Celtic should easily win the treble
However
I've been following Celtic long enough to know that apart from Derry , Ireland and prob Liverpool , no other team can fcuk itself up from a position of near certainty !!

I wouldn't subscribe to the saying an old teacher of mine used to rant at us about gambling & horses was the 'vice of spastics and mentally retarded' but is rather drink my money than gamble it!

But in short - Celtic are fav but have been slipping up all season! Anything is possible!

charlieTully

The oul teacher would be fucked in the modern climate. About as PC as a boot to the head. I see your point but with the form celtic are in it would be a major shock if they don't win the treble. Hard to believe at the start of the season.

illdecide

Celtic have def improved as the season has progressed and judging by the start of the season I'm impressed with how things have gone, TBH I'm a bit more surprised in how Aberdeen have hung in there as I fully expected them to fade away a bit but they haven't. I was going to say the Champions league qualifiers should be a bit more interesting but if we're going to lose our central defence pairing in the summer then it could set us back a bit but we'll def be in a better place come July/Aug compared to last year.

Celtic should win the treble as they're the best team left and usually I feel the league cup is harder to win for Celtic as there are more distractions going on in the earlier rounds but now it's in the bag there is no excuse for not getting the next two trophies.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

lynchbhoy

Quote from: charlieTully on March 20, 2015, 02:00:25 AM
The oul teacher would be fucked in the modern climate. About as PC as a boot to the head. I see your point but with the form celtic are in it would be a major shock if they don't win the treble. Hard to believe at the start of the season.
yer not wrong there!
he was a dinosaur even back then!!

nothing would shock me about Celtic. also you have to factor in the referees. not so bad now with rangers gone, but will see what happens in the future when their second coming arrives in the spl.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: illdecide on March 20, 2015, 08:40:32 AM
Celtic have def improved as the season has progressed and judging by the start of the season I'm impressed with how things have gone, TBH I'm a bit more surprised in how Aberdeen have hung in there as I fully expected them to fade away a bit but they haven't. I was going to say the Champions league qualifiers should be a bit more interesting but if we're going to lose our central defence pairing in the summer then it could set us back a bit but we'll def be in a better place come July/Aug compared to last year.

Celtic should win the treble as they're the best team left and usually I feel the league cup is harder to win for Celtic as there are more distractions going on in the earlier rounds but now it's in the bag there is no excuse for not getting the next two trophies.
theres always one team that seems to hit form in the spl outwith Celtic in any given season. Prev it was motherwell, dundee utd and this year Aberdeen are back.
they bought well and they are playing decent football - apart from when playing Celtic!

I was half expecting Deila to be sacked. It was said from the outset that he wanted to play a faster tempo passing game. The players were not fit. Commons has apparently lost over 3kg since the start of the year! that's well over half a stone by my bad calculations.
The side were a shambles in champions league qualifiers and I also agree that they would be a different proposition if the current team were to play against the same sides as they did back then.
Centre half is a problem area. While VVD and Denayer are good, they are not out and out stoppers- well Deneyer is a better defender.
I don't see why Celtic cannot get another or two new centre halves in that can defend more and leave the passing game to brown, biton, johansen (who is bound to be a target for a bif English premier side) who are combining wonderfully well right now.
IF anything it is the lack of shooting and lack of scoring goals that has hindered Celtic in recent months. playing opponents off the park but not shooting, not scoring and squeaking wins when they are dominating and should be out of sight.

still they are good to watch right now. its not a borefest like the epl has become.

lynchbhoy

scott browns pre cup final ritual was entertaining also !!!

themac_23

The team has been great to watch, maybe it is because there is less pressure with no Rangers breathing down our necks? but then again Lennon didnt have that last few seasons and still made us not great to watch. I like the way Ronny goes about things, either ship up or ship out. Look at the likes of stokes commons etc at the start of the season they were making noises about not being happy but i think that was more to do with the fact they were lennons favourites. Compare them players to now, both have shed weight and are putting in a shift for the team, they are becoming better all round players. I like the way Ronny is doing things but the only question is how long can he keep doing it for, i guess there is only so far you can push but i suppose if we win the treble it will be a case of hard work paying off.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: themac_23 on March 23, 2015, 04:07:14 PM
The team has been great to watch, maybe it is because there is less pressure with no Rangers breathing down our necks? but then again Lennon didnt have that last few seasons and still made us not great to watch. I like the way Ronny goes about things, either ship up or ship out. Look at the likes of stokes commons etc at the start of the season they were making noises about not being happy but i think that was more to do with the fact they were lennons favourites. Compare them players to now, both have shed weight and are putting in a shift for the team, they are becoming better all round players. I like the way Ronny is doing things but the only question is how long can he keep doing it for, i guess there is only so far you can push but i suppose if we win the treble it will be a case of hard work paying off.
as the old rangers have not been there for the past few seasons, the dreadful style that was winning matches but horrible to watch was down to Lennon and Strachan et al before him.

it takes a while for a team to learn and adjust to new techniques and style and Deila has stuck with it from day one. though he might get the bullet after the dismal early season CL perf. Theres still a lot to go get. Consistency and scoring more goals/taking their chances/creating chances for example.
But it is heading the right direction.
They are professionals and if they cant be motivated then they are dropped and sold. As per resurgence in Stokes and Commons performances. Down to wanting to get back in the side.
the hard work is paying off. the test will be in the summer CL qualifies - barring disaster and not winning league!

charlieTully

Quote from: lynchbhoy on March 20, 2015, 01:38:10 AM

However
I've been following Celtic long enough to know that apart from Derry , Ireland and prob Liverpool , no other team can fcuk itself up from a position of near certainty !!

I wouldn't subscribe to the saying an old teacher of mine used to rant at us about gambling & horses was the 'vice of spastics and mentally retarded' but is rather drink my money than gamble it!

But in short - Celtic are fav but have been slipping up all season! Anything is possible!

Sadly you were spot on.

StGallsGAA

You can understand how the referee and 5th official on the goal line missed the deliberate handball to prevent Griffiths putting Celtic 2-0 up.    After all they couldn't both be expected to be watching the ball!  :/

Main Street

I was half watching the game and from what I saw, I though ICT fully deserved their victory. Celtic were poor. Gordon made a bad mistake which got himself sent off, it wasn't as if  ICT scoring a goal at that stage would have mattered that much, but going down to 10 players mattered. Celtic fans can grumble about the penalty denied but that's just deflecting from a very poor performance.

illdecide

Quote from: Main Street on April 19, 2015, 11:09:47 PM
I was half watching the game and from what I saw, I though ICT fully deserved their victory. Celtic were poor. Gordon made a bad mistake which got himself sent off, it wasn't as if  ICT scoring a goal at that stage would have mattered that much, but going down to 10 players mattered. Celtic fans can grumble about the penalty denied but that's just deflecting from a very poor performance.

Main street that's a load of shite tbh, Celtic were by far the better team in the first half and that incident right at the end of the first half would have put Celtic 2-0 up and ICT down to 10 men and that would have been game over...It was a game changer big time. ICT did play well afterwards but if you're saying it didn't have an impact on the game then you're wrong.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

lynchbhoy

Quote from: charlieTully on April 19, 2015, 07:40:09 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on March 20, 2015, 01:38:10 AM

However

Sadly you were spot on.
especially against ICT, they always play well against Celtic and give them a v hard game

john hughes doing a great job with them.

I actually thought there was more of a chance of them upsetting Celtic in the league rather than the cup game

but not massively surprised.

Celtic have only themselves to blame. Prob this season is just not scoring when in control of the game.
maybe the formation used dominates middle of the park, but a single striker role is not what Griffiths, guidetti, scepovic or Stokes are good at.

yes the officials missed a blatent penalty/hand ball/red card in the first half -but that's sport.

thought they were going to hold out for penalties in the end but no.
Will win the league. Would like to see Hughes and ICT win the cup now. they prob will be favourites.

Main Street

Quote from: illdecide on April 20, 2015, 09:11:55 AM
Quote from: Main Street on April 19, 2015, 11:09:47 PM

Main street that's a load of shite tbh, Celtic were by far the better team in the first half and that incident right at the end of the first half would have put Celtic 2-0 up and ICT down to 10 men and that would have been game over...It was a game changer big time. ICT did play well afterwards but if you're saying it didn't have an impact on the game then you're wrong.
My opinion may not be your liking but does it have to stimulate an instant delusion? :)   I never said the denied penalty did not have an impact on the game,  but to blame the defeat on the denied penalty is deflecting from a poor performance.
IMo having the goalie sent off had a much bigger impact than not getting the penalty and that was a self inflicted error, an awful error from a top goalie. Not an accident or just one of those things.
Celtic with 11 players could have handled that game at 1-1, even with some players being truly average and some others well below par. And what kind of boots were they wearing?  the 10 players should have at least got the draw.

T Fearon

The penalty denied was ridiculous.How it was missed is beyond belief.Referee's brother is a former Rangers/NI player too.No wonder Celtic have written to SFA seeking an explanation,even though it was fan pressure that motivated this