Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Angelo

Nearly undid all our good work at the end of the half.

Rash foul from Duffy gave away a penalty, did look about 2 yards outside the box though. Bain came up with a good stop to save the penalty in any case.

The a few minutes later an absolute clanger from Bain gave Lille a glorious chance where they hit the bar.

GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

blasmere

Scott Brown directing the troops well??
A sure cure for seasickness is to sit under a tree

Angelo

That was coming.

Now we will see what we are made of.

Angelo

Elyonoussi should have got his shot off.

We will need a third here.

Angelo

Itchy

Ntcham, Christie and Mcgregor not up to this standard and that's why celtic will probably lose this game now. Look at Ntcham attempt to help frimpong defend which led to the corner that resulted in lille 1st goal.

Angelo

Decent performance by Celtic against a good side but disappointing to throw away a 2 goal lead.

JimStynes

Would have taken 2-2 before the match but it's typically of the way Celtic are playing at the minute to throw away a 2 goal lead. If this team were 4 nil up with 10 mins left I still wouldn't feel confident.

Applesisapples

Quote from: Itchy on October 29, 2020, 07:30:06 PM
Ntcham, Christie and Mcgregor not up to this standard and that's why celtic will probably lose this game now. Look at Ntcham attempt to help frimpong defend which led to the corner that resulted in lille 1st goal.
McGregor and christie worked their bollocks off, Ntcham does not look fit.

lurganblue

Only saw the last 30mins of this match. Duffy probably at fault for one goal but in saying that he was brilliant towards the end with blocks, headers and preventing crosses.

Ntcham looked very poor, but then the commentators said he had ran himself into the ground? That tired effort of a simple pass long the line was enough for me.

illdecide

My take on things were the line up was pretty spot on TBH, we played decent at times and rode our luck at times. On chances the game could have finished 5-5. Thought the injury to Ajer was mentally and physically a big loss at the time, thought Ntcham was Celtic's worst player, looked lazy and lethargic and I was calling for NL to hook him 20 mins before he did. If I was being over critical I thought some subs could have been made a bit earlier but as Jim said if we'd have been offered a draw before the game i'd have bitten your arm off for it but being 2-0 up with 30 mins to play was disappointing to draw TBH.
Again this is only my opinion but my take on Rogic is he's a very talented guy but he's a bit slow for this level of football and is easily dispossessed and he struggles to get himself back putting the team under big pressure, he can get away with it in league football but against stronger teams he doesn't. The flip side to all this is if you want something magical to happen he's your man so the question is can you afford a non worker in your team against better opposition who have a lot more of the ball? For me he's a guy in big games when the opposition tire to bring on for last 20 mins but should be getting more game time domestically.

I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Main Street

Quote from: lurganblue on October 30, 2020, 10:10:27 AM
Only saw the last 30mins of this match. Duffy probably at fault for one goal but in saying that he was brilliant towards the end with blocks, headers and preventing crosses.

Ntcham looked very poor, but then the commentators said he had ran himself into the ground? That tired effort of a simple pass long the line was enough for me.
That's the part of the game where Duffy rules supreme, when the mortars are landing one after the other.

Ntcham was better in this game but there must be a fitness issue with him and sometimes he just doesn't bother. He chose not to run with and cover the first goal scorer v Aberdeen and out there he visibly wilted as many did from both teams in the last 1/4 . I like the way he partners up with Frimpong. Once Lille equalised , Celtic reacted well  and finished the game on the front foot.
Mohamed Ely looks the player Celtic should have signed, not Ajeti.

illdecide

I know it's only HT but Celtic starting to improve slowly...We green shoots the last 2 games and today def seem to have the bit between their teeth...

Angelo

4 assists for Rogic in his last two starts.

illdecide

Quote from: Angelo on November 01, 2020, 03:54:43 PM
4 assists for Rogic in his last two starts.

What a guy...some player. Think how much he'd be worth if he stayed fit and had an extra yard of pace