1 (0.6%)
Last 16
14 (8.6%)
Third in the group and Europa League
40 (24.5%)
Bottom of the group
58 (35.6%)

Total Members Voted: 163

Author Topic: The Offical Glasgow Celtic thread  (Read 1399022 times)

illdecide

• Quit your Jibba Jabbing Fool
    • View Profile
Re: The Offical Glasgow Celtic thread
« Reply #14595 on: September 04, 2019, 11:13:45 PM »
The transfer business hasn't been bad. The disappointing thing is that we sold Tierney for 25m and failed to reinvest that money in the team.

I think Bauer will be a good signing and it's good we have an option on him. I'm still very dubious about Elhamed and Bolingoli but both were impressive at Ibrox so will hopefully settle in now and up their performances. I think we will probably be able to strike a deal for Forster next summer if he does well, he is 32 and third or fourth choice at Southampton so should be affordable and I think he'll sacrifice some money at this stage of his career to feel valued and get regular games.

The most disappointing thing for me was addressing the left wing position with a loan signing. Elyonoussi is probably a very good player but it's only a short term fix and we have the money to address it long term now. I'm encouraged at some of the signings for the future, it's something we have slacked off with in recent years and hopefully they will do well in the future. All that I have heard about O'Connor is extremely positive.

On Ibrox at the weekend, Edouard was absolutely immense, he's even better than Dembele as far as I'm concerned - a much more rounded player. Jullien was an absolute rock and will be the foundation of our defence. Other than that I was really impressed with Ntcham when he came on, some of his touches were exquisite and he looked hungry.

Things are looking a good bit bright for us now. Fair play to Lennon as well who I've been very critical of.

Well to be fair 99% of people did, i'm one of his supporters and even i asked question about his team selection for Cluj match. Looking back now it's still really disappointing that we didn't make it into CL but we don't know what was going on at that time and who was training well and who wasn't and who was injured/carrying knocks. I still believe it was a bad decision on the night but he'll learn from it, the season can still be a very good one and one to look forward too...Hail Hail
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Main Street

• View Profile
« Reply #14596 on: September 19, 2019, 07:54:47 PM »
A very good tactically astute performance by Celtic at Rennes, especially after drawing level they kept up with the high press and didn't fall back. It took Celtic about 20 minutes to setttle into the pace of this game. Celtic could hold their own in that league, silky skills and all.

under the bar

• View Profile
« Reply #14597 on: September 19, 2019, 10:53:55 PM »
Great performance in a hostile atmosphere against a team that beat PSG a few weeks ago.  Could have won it and ref bought the play-acting by Rennes keeper to send Bayo off, probably off the back of Hayes cleaning yer man out, albeit fairly.

tyroneman

• View Profile
« Reply #14598 on: September 20, 2019, 08:42:31 AM »
Keeper was a disgrace - never touched.

Hopefully gets a retrospective ban (prob not though)

Add in the penalty not given, 1-1 was a good result.

under the bar

• View Profile
« Reply #14599 on: September 22, 2019, 01:17:52 PM »
BT Sport have Rangers match on and Radio Scotland content it too! Wtf?

charlieTully

• View Profile
« Reply #14600 on: September 22, 2019, 02:31:01 PM »
BT Sport have Rangers match on and Radio Scotland content it too! Wtf?

They are the peeeple

under the bar

• View Profile
« Reply #14601 on: September 28, 2019, 04:33:39 PM »
Not one but two stonewall penalties were waved away today at Easter Road to deny Celtic the win. Meanwhile Rangers are set on their way with the customary penalty award at Ibrox.

illdecide

• View Profile
« Reply #14602 on: September 28, 2019, 08:46:04 PM »
Not one but two stonewall penalties were waved away today at Easter Road to deny Celtic the win. Meanwhile Rangers are set on their way with the customary penalty award at Ibrox.

I'd love to know just how many penalties they've had over the last few seasons

From the Bunker

• View Profile
« Reply #14603 on: September 28, 2019, 10:02:01 PM »

I'd love to know just how many penalties they've had over the last few seasons

Servco got double the amount of penalties to Celtic last season!

https://www.statbunker.com/competitions/ForPenalty?comp_id=618

under the bar

• View Profile
« Reply #14604 on: October 03, 2019, 10:47:53 PM »
Solid tonight. Bettee team on every inch of the pitch.  Roll on Lazio!

Main Street

• View Profile
« Reply #14605 on: October 06, 2019, 01:55:13 PM »
 That two nil defeat flattered Celtic. At least Jonny Hayes walked off unaided after that two footed assault on his legs.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2019, 10:47:55 PM by Main Street »

under the bar

• View Profile
« Reply #14606 on: October 06, 2019, 02:28:38 PM »
Can't really have much complaints about the sending off, but losing Christie for 3 games will be a worry as he's playing brilliant.

illdecide

• View Profile
« Reply #14607 on: October 06, 2019, 03:45:06 PM »
I don't know why teams don't do it more against Celtic, Livi got in their faces and bullied them and Celtic weren't up for the fight. Teams should do it every week as they'll get away with most of the fouling, big Ajer has had a rocky few weeks and looks like he's going thru a we dodgy spell. Time NL maybe gave him a we rest and a few weeks to get his head right, Sevco will prob win 3-0 or 4-0 today and get top spot at the International break which is not ideal but we have got what we deserved so can't have any complaints...

Sending off was justified too

marty34

• View Profile
« Reply #14608 on: October 06, 2019, 03:57:50 PM »
Need more consistency after Euro games.  Centre defence ropey enough at times - wouldn't inspire you.  Sending off was correct.

I said at time, Defoe was a great buy for Rangers. He's a goalscorer - gets the basic ones.  Great bit of business.

Targetman

• View Profile
« Reply #14609 on: October 06, 2019, 10:15:38 PM »
We were shite today, no complaints with the result, got what we deserved!!