1 (0.8%)
Last 16
9 (6.9%)
Third in the group and Europa League
35 (26.9%)
Bottom of the group
43 (33.1%)

Total Members Voted: 130

Author Topic: The Offical Glasgow Celtic thread  (Read 1013707 times)

charlieTully

• View Profile
Re: The Offical Glasgow Celtic thread
« Reply #13500 on: October 07, 2018, 07:00:40 PM »
Excellent today.  Forrest got MOTM but Rogic pulled the strings and put them on a plate for him. Big 2 domestic games v Hibs and Hearts after the break. Bring it on!

Rogic and Forrest linked beautifully. Brilliant performance. Thank God.

illdecide

• Quit your Jibba Jabbing Fool
    • View Profile
« Reply #13501 on: October 07, 2018, 08:10:11 PM »
Excellent today.  Forrest got MOTM but Rogic pulled the strings and put them on a plate for him. Big 2 domestic games v Hibs and Hearts after the break. Bring it on!

Wouldn't get to worried about Hearts but Hibs will be a toughie, Lennon's teams are always hard to beat.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

marty34

• View Profile
« Reply #13502 on: October 07, 2018, 09:12:37 PM »
Needed not only the result but a 5 star performance.  That was important. Hopefully that'll boost the confidence in the team now. Pity there's the break for internationals now - would have liked another game before them to see how it'd go.

farset

• View Profile
« Reply #13503 on: October 11, 2018, 08:07:03 AM »
Celtic a weaker side this year. Match winning players out and average players brought in. Eduard is no Dembele and while I think Ntcham is as honest as the day is long, he lacks the flair and creativity we need in midfield. Lustig is there for the taking by any half decent winger.

I think we'll still win the league and one of the cups so it's not a disaster but simply put I think Rogers has been stroked. It took Rangers to beat Celtic that one time for the board to go out and spend big dough. We are in serious danger of resting on our laurels. We need to use our financial advantage to crush Rangers and I can't see us doing that.

Roger is still the man to do it but he needs the investment. Celtic have the dough.

Applesisapples

• View Profile
« Reply #13505 on: October 26, 2018, 08:53:40 AM »
Once more Celtic shite in Europe whilst the Gers march on. Somebody needs to get a grip soon.

themac_23

• View Profile
« Reply #13506 on: October 26, 2018, 10:29:38 AM »
Once more Celtic shite in Europe whilst the Gers march on. Somebody needs to get a grip soon.

Gers March on, seriously? They drew at home to a side who just sacked their manager and had a fitness coach in charge, personally I couldn’t care about the blue half of Glasgow. We have enough problems ourselves, basic errors are killing us in europe, last night we didn’t play that badly in fact right up until the 1st goal I was pleased with how it was going but again stupid errors kill all our good work. We need a new keeper, right back and centre back, possibly another striker too. Get them in jan and build for next seasons qualifiers now so we don’t have the same crap we had in the summer

marty34

• View Profile
« Reply #13507 on: October 26, 2018, 11:36:45 AM »
We're def. not good enough for Campions League and will struggle to qualify in Europa League - that's the level Celtic are at. Scottish league is a poor enough league so teams can't expect to do well in Europe regardless of who their teams play nowadays.

They didn't invest in summer - as a matter of fact it was a mess. As I stated before board though they could squeeze through to another champions league group stage without investing. They got badly caught out. Will be difficult to qualify now in Europa League.  The gamble failed miserably. The board also think they'd win league again without much investment - which they should do but tighter than expected I think.

As you say, new investment needed: keeper, right back and centre back. A forward also. Celtic have too many average players on their books....not playing but on decent wages.  They need to go and keep a smaller panel but more quality.  Supplement this with youth team players should be the way to go in my opinion.

Applesisapples

• View Profile
« Reply #13508 on: October 26, 2018, 02:08:06 PM »

Gers March on, seriously? They drew at home to a side who just sacked their manager and had a fitness coach in charge, personally I couldn’t care about the blue half of Glasgow. We have enough problems ourselves, basic errors are killing us in europe, last night we didn’t play that badly in fact right up until the 1st goal I was pleased with how it was going but again stupid errors kill all our good work. We need a new keeper, right back and centre back, possibly another striker too. Get them in jan and build for next seasons qualifiers now so we don’t have the same crap we had in the summer
Rangers have 5 points and top the group. celtic have 3 and can't even raise a performance. It is not good enough.

Targetman

• View Profile
« Reply #13509 on: October 26, 2018, 03:32:06 PM »
It’s not good enough but its no surprise, I wonder is there a team out there that has a worse record away from home in Europe than Celtic, just have no confidence in them getting a result

ned

• View Profile
« Reply #13510 on: October 26, 2018, 04:25:05 PM »

Rangers have 5 points and top the group. celtic have 3 and can't even raise a performance. It is not good enough.

What relevance have they to us in relation to European performances? Easier group, opposition teams in disarray. We can still qualify (looking unlikely), they have won very few matches in Europe this year and will struggle to qualify.
We are second in the league, they are fifth.

tyroneman

• View Profile
« Reply #13511 on: October 26, 2018, 04:46:52 PM »
European away form 2008-2018

10 wins
13 draws

2017-18
Champions League 2nd qualifier 1st leg – Linfield 0 Celtic 2
CL 3rd qualifier 2nd leg – Rosenborg 0 Celtic 1
CL play-off – Astana 4 Celtic 3
CL group stage – Anderlecht 0 Celtic 3
CL group stage – Bayern Munich 3 Celtic 0
CL group stage – PSG 7 Celtic 1
EL– Zenit 3 Celtic 0

2016-7
Champions League 2nd qualifier 1st leg – Lincoln Red Imps 1 Celtic 0
CL 3rd qualifier 1st leg – Astana 1 Celtic 1
CL play-off 2nd leg – Hapoel Beer Sheva 2 Celtic 0
CL group stage – Barcelona 7, Celtic 0
CL group stage – Monchengladbach 1, Celtic 1
CL group stage – Manchester City 1, Celtic 1

2015-16
Champions League 2nd qualifier 2nd leg – Stjarnan 1 Celtic 4
CL 3rd qualifier 2nd leg – Qarabag 0, Celtic 0
CL play-off 2nd leg – Malmo 2 Celtic 0
EL – Ajax 2 Celtic 2
EL– Molde 3 Celtic 1
EL– Fenerbahce 1 Celtic 1

2014-15
Champions League 2nd qualifier 2nd leg – Reykjavik 0 Celtic 1
CL 3rd qualifier 1st leg – *Legia Warsaw 4 Celtic 1
CL play-off 1st leg – Maribor 1 Celtic 1
EL – Red Bull Salzburg 2 Celtic 2
EL– Astra Giurgiu 1 Celtic 1
EL– Dinamo Zagreb 4 Celtic 3
EL – Inter Milan 1 Celtic 0
*Celtic awarded 3-0 win after Legia fielded an ineligible player

2013-4
Champions League 2nd qualifier 1st leg – Cliftonville 0 Celtic 3
CL 3rd qualifier 2nd leg – Elfsborg 0 Celtic 0
CL play-off 1st leg – Shakhter Karagandy 2 Celtic 0
CL group stage – AC Milan 2 Celtic 0
CL group stage – Ajax 1 Celtic 0
CL group stage – Barcelona 6 Celtic 1

2012-13   3 away wins,
2011-12    *0 away wins, 2 away draws *Sion match awarded for ineligible player
2010-11   0 away wins, 0 away draws
2009-10   1 away win, 2 away draws
2008-09   0 away wins, 0 away draws

Targetman

• View Profile
« Reply #13512 on: October 28, 2018, 03:53:05 PM »
Good to sort out that horrible crowd today, played some good stuff in the second half and should have scored more, good enough for Naismith the hateful p***k!!

charlieTully

• View Profile
« Reply #13513 on: October 28, 2018, 04:18:51 PM »
Good to sort out that horrible crowd today, played some good stuff in the second half and should have scored more, good enough for Naismith the hateful p***k!!

+1

From the Bunker

• View Profile
« Reply #13514 on: October 28, 2018, 09:54:17 PM »
Was in the balance until the Hearts goalkeeper Zdenek Zlamal gifted the 2nd goal.

Rangers have not won a major title now in 7 years. In this time Celtic have won 7 leagues, 3 Cups and 3 League Cups.  A 13 title gain.

Rangers on 115 are only 10 Domestic titles ahead of Celtic on 105. Before they went bust they were 23 ahead.

On League titles - Rangers have 54 and Celtic 49. The Gap is 5 and was was 12 before they went bust.