Ulster Senior Football Club Championship 2009

Started by drici, August 18, 2009, 10:35:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fiftyfiftyball

Dont know how kilcoo men can complain about he ref when he gave you some handy decisions.  Firstly gave a handy free in defence when it wasnt and you ended up getting a point from it. Secondly hopping the ball when our forward was for taking a free kick and said he took too long to take it even though we were 2 points down and no need to waste time - its just the way he takes them. Thirdly giving an easy 20 yard free kick for a third man tackle when your man kicked out as ours first.  Allowing an extra 30secs to a min to try and let you equalise.  Granted your mans sending off was cruel but you have to careful when on a yellow.  And after that he booked any loup player for coughing wrong so he could try and even things up.  The booking after Paul Devlin was shot sorry fouled and dived like he had been watching Tyrone DVDs for the last week was a joke.  Cant blame the ref for all your misses and the fact that you should have been 6 points up at half time.  Once we scored the goal there was only one winner. 
Thing about it is I would have wished any Kilcoo man all the best in the final so no point having sour grapes.  Anything after the county final until your in the ulster final is a bonus. So celebrate your county victory and stop your complaining.  Yes if we were beat i'd have complained about the ref but would have said ah well we would have loved being in this position at the start of the year.
Sorry if my English isn't the greatest tonight but i'm just home from the club celebrating with a few pints.
PS St Galls willl be very very tough.

SambaSaffron

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on November 15, 2009, 08:12:54 PM
Quote from: SambaSaffron on November 15, 2009, 07:45:25 PM
::) Rubbish. Accept your beating, the ref was poor but he wasn't why yous lost.

We should have stuffed them regardless of the referee's decisions. Missed too many good chances.

However, to suggest the result would not have been different with a decent referee is ludicrous.
I repeat, the ref wasn't the reason yous lost. He was bad for both teams, the sending off was harsh but after that he did his best to even it up.
Do as the rest of the posters on here have done and accept defeat gracefully, instead of saying "Oh we'd have won with a different referee".

milltown row

Quote from: saffron sam2 on November 15, 2009, 09:41:45 PM
Quote from: milltown row on November 15, 2009, 09:36:45 PM
after todays results i'm going to say

Naomh Gall 4/9
The Loup 2/1

handicap betting Galls - 4    11/10

we wont beat the handicap

First part won't be far off, maybe a bit skinny for yourselves.

Doubt handicap will be more than 3, was 2 for Clontibret.

You'll cover it and then some.

I heard the milltown sledge of choice today was "Peter Robinson shagged your ma".

what!!  ;D oh yes reference to the Village take over by the Red berets

Mag Pies

Quote from: fiftyfiftyball on November 15, 2009, 09:48:31 PM
Dont know how kilcoo men can complain about he ref when he gave you some handy decisions.  Firstly gave a handy free in defence when it wasnt and you ended up getting a point from it. Secondly hopping the ball when our forward was for taking a free kick and said he took too long to take it even though we were 2 points down and no need to waste time - its just the way he takes them. Thirdly giving an easy 20 yard free kick for a third man tackle when your man kicked out as ours first.  Allowing an extra 30secs to a min to try and let you equalise.  Granted your mans sending off was cruel but you have to careful when on a yellow.  And after that he booked any loup player for coughing wrong so he could try and even things up.  The booking after Paul Devlin was shot sorry fouled and dived like he had been watching Tyrone DVDs for the last week was a joke.  Cant blame the ref for all your misses and the fact that you should have been 6 points up at half time.  Once we scored the goal there was only one winner. 
Thing about it is I would have wished any Kilcoo man all the best in the final so no point having sour grapes.  Anything after the county final until your in the ulster final is a bonus. So celebrate your county victory and stop your complaining.  Yes if we were beat i'd have complained about the ref but would have said ah well we would have loved being in this position at the start of the year.
Sorry if my English isn't the greatest tonight but i'm just home from the club celebrating with a few pints.
PS St Galls willl be very very tough.
Sorry but i guess its just the manner of what happened that has annoyed a lot of us. There is geniunely no malice towards the Loup and we do wish them all the best in the final. They've a good game plan and a few superb players. St. Galls will be a step up in class from ourselves but hopefully yous can take the game to them and win the title.
Where I say yous were strong against us was your accuracy when shooting and the delivery of the ball into Young and the layoffs he provided. You did struggle though when we ran at you after a defender was either stucked in or caught on an overlap. Hopefully that can be patched up for the final though! Also you'd need to watch the bookings, some were debatable but many for pulling and dragging and off the ball tackles weren't. The two cases where Loup players were booked for tripping Kilcoo players making a run are case in point. Both of these were picked up by the umpires.
In terms of the referee. Yes the examples above are correct, however with the exception of the extra time (also worth bearing there was a subsitution and injury during it) all the examples occured earlier in the first half. After 15 minutes we seemed to get nothing... The Loup goal as well taken as it was should have been a free out to Kilcoo 30 seconds before and as well as that the ball in came from a Loup "free" where the linesman had already signaled a line ball to Kilcoo.
Perhaps is a case that the step up from the static game in Armagh was too great for him. Where skills such as the solo run and disiplined tackle disappeared during the late 90s. Maybe as a result of Francie's exploits over the last decade physical contact has resulted in that big a casuality list that its been outlawed. Whether the man was biased (in my view) or just plain useless doesn't matter now. The fact that the so many are discussing him is never good. Lets just hope lessons are learned and thats the last time he's allowed to venture beyond the whin strewn borders of armagh.
Come on the Loup! Get stuck into them frankies and win it for the clutchies!

Tóin ghruagach

I was in Casement yesterday and, as a neutral, I enjoyed two good competitive games of football. Having read previous posts concerning the ref's performance in the senior game, I would have to say that if I were a Kilcoo supporter I would be asking some questions.

However, yesterday I witnessed one of the worst scenes of thuggery I have ever seen at a GAA match. After the game as the ref was leaving the pitch a Kilcoo supporter in the stand stood up and threw a bottle at the ref.

Now, before you ask how I knew the thug - I deliberately use the word - game from Kilcoo, well, I was sitting beside this group throughout the game and the fact that they were holding black and white flags and wearing Kilcoo tops just might give it away.

Is this how far down the mire we have gone? Who does this thug think he is? What gives him the right to throw anything at any GAA official?

Does anybody believe that such an act is acceptable?

The point is that no matter how bad an official performs we must have standards of respect and decency. Without them we have nothing.

gallsman

St. Galls were fantastic yesterday, particularly in the second half as Clontibret's belief vanished altogether. Not a chance the two teams are as far apart as suggested though, and it might have been a different game had McManus (lovely player btw) tucked away either of the goal chances. Think it was Gribbies made a last ditch shoulder for the one that resulted in a free out, which was obviously the correct decision!

Think Clontibret got a bit desperate even before the second goal went in. JP Mone touched the ball twice I think after he came on and was clearly nowhere close to fit.

CJ and Gallagher took some lovely scores, and CJ's ball in for the first goal was fantastic. Enormous work rate meant Clontibret never had any time on the ball and particularly within our own 45, an attacker was often swallowed up by three defenders. Some of Kevin and Aidso's catches were magnificent, although Kevin couldn't go the game without letting his mouth run at least once and was deservedly booked for it. Favourite moment of the match was in the last five mins or so. Aidso was coming out with the ball and hand-passed it over the no. 15, who tried to body-check him and got absolutely flattened for his efforts!

Repeat of 2003, when like many of our Ulster final defeats, the team had the ability to win, but didn't deserve to on the day. I too hope that the Ulster Council sees sense and doesn't put it on in Clones. The Bellaghy final was in Omagh, although I'd prefer the Athletic Grounds again. I left where I live in Meath at 12.35 yesterday, caught the last ten mins of the Harps-Cookstown match, and was back home for 5.15.

Also, congratulations to St. Teresa's.

Master Yoda

If I was a Kilcoo man I'd definitly feel hard done by yesterday, thought the big midfielder getting sent off was very harsh but as somebody posted earlier when your on a yellow you have to be very careful, as for you RadioGaaGaa you are an idiot to suggest that you would you's would have stuffed the Loup with a different ref, this was always going to be a tight game and if the 2 teams played 10 times there would never be more than a couple of points in it.
I think you's would have got more decisions from the ref if a couple of your players hadn't fell over looking a free every time there was a gust of wind.

Don't think we have much of a chance against St Galls in the final but sure its great to be there!
Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering

gallsman

Quote from: Master Yoda on November 16, 2009, 09:10:29 AM

Don't think we have much of a chance against St Galls in the final but sure its great to be there!

It's too early for mind games- wait a few days!

drici

Ulster Intermediate Football Club Championship
Semi Finals:
Gaeil Fhánada 1-08 Lavey Joe Biggars 1-14
Monaghan Harps 1-09 Cookstown Father Rocks 1-11

Final:
Lavey Joe Biggars v Cookstown Father Rocks                      Cavan Tyrone

Ulster Junior Football Club Championship Semi Finals
Shane O'Neills 0-09 Emyvale 0-12
Moville Bun an Phobail 2-07 St Teresas 2-09

Final:
Emyvale v St Teresas                                                        Monaghan Antrim

Ulster Senior Football Club Championship Semi Finals:
Loup St Patricks 1-12 Kilcoo Owen Roes 1-11
Loup 1-12 (B McVey 0-1, B Doyle 0-1, J McBride 0-1, P McVey 0-5(all frees), P McFlynn 0-1(a free),Declan McVey 0-1, P Young 1-2)
Kilcoo 1-11 (D McEvoy 0-2, P Devlin 0-2(1 free),C Laverty 0-1, D Kane 1-4(2 frees),  B Kane 0-2)

Clontibret O'Neills 0-11 St Galls 2-15
Clontibret 0-11 (A Rooney 0-1, C McManus 0-9(2 frees), F Mone 0-1)
St Galls    2-15  (S Kelly 0-1, Kieran McGourty 0-3, Kevin McGourty 0-1, T O'Neill 0-1, Rory Gallagher 2-3(1 free), CJ McGourty 0-3(2 frees), Kevin Niblock 0-2, K Stewart 0-1)

Final:
Loup St Patricks v St Galls                                                     Derry Antrim

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: gallsman on November 16, 2009, 09:22:47 AM
Quote from: Master Yoda on November 16, 2009, 09:10:29 AM

It's too early for mind games- wait a few days!

Gallsman, it's never too early for mind games, I normally start each year around about May!!!

An interesting stat is that in 31 years only 17 teams have won the title with over half of the shared between Armagh and Derry.  Obviously my own clubs figure skew this a small bit but I reckon there would have been at least 1 winner out of the teams we beat in Armagh. 

I will be cheering on St Gall's, if The Loup win that puts Derry football ahead of Armagh football and we can't have that now.  Also I reckon the St Gall's have a very strong chance of winning the AI this year.  There are no stand out candidates who you would be scared off and I would love to see Antrim get the success that it deserves and maybbe give them the belief that they can really do something at county level.

thewanderer

once again that clown paudie hughes has to get himself in the limelight. he may not have beaten kilcoo but once again he is the talkin point. Can anyone tell me the last time he refereed a match, intercounty or club that something controversial didn't happen with him. a complete clown and the ulster council should start to notice this and stop appointing him

thewanderer

crossbar would go along with that. Havin spoke to the cross boys prior to our championship match in armagh with them, they stated that who ever won the game it would be between us and st galls to win ulster. That u may call cocky but they know the strength of opposition and i can tell you that we had of had the rub of the green ( clarkie) we would be in the final now. but good luck to galls.

Master Yoda

Quote from: thewanderer on November 16, 2009, 10:02:55 AM
crossbar would go along with that. Havin spoke to the cross boys prior to our championship match in armagh with them, they stated that who ever won the game it would be between us and st galls to win ulster. That u may call cocky but they know the strength of opposition and i can tell you that we had of had the rub of the green ( clarkie) we would be in the final now. but good luck to galls.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D If your granny had balls she'd be your granda :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering

tonesfirstandlast

The Loup will beat St. Gall's in the final. Get your money on now before the odds shorten. I'm never wrong!

Master Yoda

Quote from: tonesfirstandlast on November 16, 2009, 11:49:45 AM
The Loup will beat St. Gall's in the final. Get your money on now before the odds shorten. I'm never wrong!

You were wrong about the Loup V Bellaghy semi final lad. ;)