Ulster Senior Football Club Championship 2009

Started by drici, August 18, 2009, 10:35:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sam03/05

Shortso79

Weather hits Ulster GAA matches

The Loup v Derrygonnelly game is the only AIB Ulster Senior Club Football tie still on following overnight rain.

St Gall's clash with Pearse Og at Casement, Clontribret v Dromore at Clones and Kilcoo v St Eunan's at Newry have all fallen victim to the weather.

All Ulster intermediate and junior championship games scheduled for Casement, Newry, Loughgiel and Omagh have also been postponed.

The game between Kilcoo and St Eunan's will take place at Newry next Sunday.

More details to follow.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Shortso79 on November 01, 2009, 11:02:13 AM

Weather hits Ulster GAA matches

The Loup v Derrygonnelly game is the only AIB Ulster Senior Club Football tie still on following overnight rain.

St Gall's clash with Pearse Og at Casement, Clontribret v Dromore at Clones and Kilcoo v St Eunan's at Newry have all fallen victim to the weather.

All Ulster intermediate and junior championship games scheduled for Casement, Newry, Loughgiel and Omagh have also been postponed.

The game between Kilcoo and St Eunan's will take place at Newry next Sunday.

More details to follow.
Hardly surprising. Some rainfall last night and it's still coming down. Yesterday was some day too.

milltown row

christ, we could have played our under 21 game!!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: milltown row on November 01, 2009, 11:41:27 AM
christ, we could have played our under 21 game!!
With Burke and McGourty or without?

drici

Ulster Intermediate Football Club Championship Quarter Finals:
(Armagh)Newtown St Michaels 1-07 Gaeil Fhanada(Donegal) 2-08

(Fermanagh)Kinawley Brian Borus 0-13 Lavey Joe Biggars(Cavan) 0-15

Semi Finals:
Gaeil Fhanada v Lavey Joe Biggars
Antrim/Monaghan v Tyrone /Down
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ulster Junior Football Club Championship Quarter Finals:
(Armagh)Shane O'Neills 2-12 Seán Dolans(Derry) 0-09

(Fermanagh)Belnaleck Art McMurroughs 1-04 Moville Bun an Phobail(Donegal) 1-14

Semi Finals:
Shane O'Neills v Tyrone/Monaghan
Moville Bun an Phobail v Antrim/Cavan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dia Sathairn 07-11-09
Ulster Junior Football Club Championship Quarter Final:
(Tyrone)Newtownstewart St Eugenes 0-08 Emyvale(Monaghan) 0-09

Dia Domhnaigh 08-11-09
Ulster Senior Football Club Championship Quarter Finals:

(Monaghan)Clontibret O'Neills v Dromore St Dympnas(Tyrone) Clones    14:30   Jimmy White   
(Derry)Loup St Patricks v Derrygonnelly Harps(Fermanagh)   Celtic Park   14:30   Jimmy McKee
(Down)Kilcoo Owen Roes v Naomh Adhamhnáin(Donegal)   Páirc Esler Newry 14:30 Martin Sludden   
(Antrim)St Galls v Pearse Óg(Armagh)   Casement Park 14:30   Con Reynolds

Ulster Intermediate Football Club Championship Quarter Finals:

(Down)Ballymartin St Josephs v Cookstown Father Rocks(Tyrone)   Páirc Esler Newry 12:45 Gregory Walsh
(Antrim)Ahoghill St Marys v Monaghan Harps Loughgiel   14:30   Leo Smyth   

Ulster Junior Football Club Championship Quarter Finall:

(Antrim)St Teresas v Butlersbridge Emmetts(Cavan)   Casement Park 12:45   Barry Cassidy

Extra Time in all matches if required.

Zapatista

Miserable conditions again. Can we expect all the games to go ahead this weekend?

LeoMc

Quote from: Zapatista on November 06, 2009, 08:29:06 AM
Miserable conditions again. Can we expect all the games to go ahead this weekend?

Are the Semi-finals still fixed for next weekend?

Zapatista

LeoMc

With conditions looking poor for this weekend a couple of draws (And there are some tasty ties there) could leave some teamd playing 3-4 weekends in a row. A big test of a panels strength in depth and the endurance of key performers.

redhandloo

A week ago I felt Dromore would beat Clontibret handy enough.  Now I am not too sure, the extra week will have given JP Mone and Conor McManus good recovery time.  Could be a close thing!
Tough times don't last, tough people do!

Schkite

Quote from: redhandloo on November 06, 2009, 10:58:16 AM
A week ago I felt Dromore would beat Clontibret handy enough.  Now I am not too sure, the extra week will have given JP Mone and Conor McManus good recovery time.  Could be a close thing!

A week is little good for the boys considering the injuries they have. Perhaps JP may be able to take a bench spot at a stretch, but the only thing that's different with McManus now is that he's had a broken wrist for two weeks instead of one, hardly a significant advantage over last week. I'll tell you this though, Dromore may beat Clontibret, but this Clontibret team won't be beaten handy at all, by Dromore or anyone else for that matter. Either way it'll be low scoring I'd imagine, bad weather all week and I wouldn't say the Clones pitch will be in good nick at all.

Zapatista

Any idea what the weather has been doing up in Clones the last few days?

Schkite

Well it's been crap weather all week round here in general so I'd imagine the same would probably apply to Clones and the pitch will be in fairly poor condition. Bad choice of venue anyway considering the recent rain.

drici

Naomh Adhamhnáin who stayed in the Armagh City Hotel last Saturday night before heading into Newry on Sunday have decided just to travel straight from Donegal to Páirc Esler the marra.