Ulster Senior Football Club Championship 2009

Started by drici, August 18, 2009, 10:35:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ardmhachaabu

Dromore by 1
Ogs by 3
Loup by 6
St Eunans by 1
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

Bogball XV

Quote from: milltown row on October 28, 2009, 09:11:53 PM
Dromore by 3
St Galls by 4
Loup by 5
Kilcoo draw

any games on TG4?
I'd agree with them, but Dromore to draw too, beware the team with 'injuries'.  Re TG4 and tv coverage, apparently they're planning to show deferred coverage of the final, if it doesn't clash with a munster first round hurling game that is (although this weeks munster hurling match should be a cracker).

tonesfirstandlast

Dromore by 2
Galls by 3
Loup by 10
Eunan's by 3

Mid Down Gael

Dromore by 4
St. Galls by 5
Loup by 3
Kilcoo by 2

Schkite

I'm loving all the Dromore predictions! Though to be fair it's all pointing in that direction.  :-\

A Quinn Martin Production

St Gall's by 4
Dromore by 1
The Loup by 7
Kilcoo St Eunan's draw
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

thewanderer

it looks like the ogs shouldnt bother to turn up too ;)

milltown row

Quote from: thewanderer on October 29, 2009, 01:42:57 PM
it looks like the ogs shouldnt bother to turn up too ;)

course they should turn up, just because they beat Cross on their way to the Armagh Championship doesn't mean they will be a good bet to win on Sunday. thats like saying, had Portglenone beat Naomh gall in Antrim that they would be a good bet for Ulster. (no offence to Portglenone)

people are predicting a galls win based on past performances in Ulster, Ogs to their credit last appeared in an Ulster final in 92. so you can see why 'others' are going for a Galls win.

those odds are false, in my eyes anyway. 

yellowcard

Looks like the money is talking in the Dromore v Clontibret game. Clontibret can be backed at 8/5 with Bet 365 having started the week at evens. Massive drift in odds which suggests only one outcome.

The value bet has to Pearse Ogs at a ridiculously big 11/4 with Paddy Power. An Armagh team will have no fear against an Antrim side and with a very tight defence they must have a good chance of getting past an over-rated St Galls outfit. Thats where my money will be going this weekend anyway.

drici

Ulster Senior Hurling Club Championship Final:
Dunloy Cúchullains 2-16 Ballycran St Josephs 2-11

Ulster Intermediate Hurling Club Championship Final:
St Galls 5-11 Middletown Na Fianna 0-12

Ulster Junior Hurling Club Championship:
Rasharkin St Marys 2-14 Naomh Colum Cille 4-10 (a cracker)

(quote KIDDO 4)

Ulster Senior Football Club Championship

(Monaghan)Clontibret O'Neills v Dromore St Dympnas(Tyrone) Clones    14:30   Jimmy White   
(Derry)Loup St Patricks v Derrygonnelly Harps(Fermanagh)   Celtic Park   14:30   Jimmy McKee
(Down)Kilcoo Owen Roes v Naomh Adhamhnáin(Donegal)   Páirc Esler Newry 14:30 Martin Sludden   
(Antrim)St Galls v Pearse Óg(Armagh)   Casement Park 14:30   Con Reynolds

Ulster Intermediate Football Club Championship

(Down)Ballymartin St Josephs v Cookstown Father Rocks(Tyrone)   Páirc Esler Newry 12:45 Gregory Walsh
(Antrim)Ahoghill St Marys v Monaghan Harps Loughgiel   14:30   Leo Smyth   
(Armagh)Newtown St Michaels v Gaeil Fhanada(Donegal)   Athletic Grounds 14:30   Gavin Corrigan   
(Fermanagh)Kinawley Brian Borus v Lavey Joe Biggars(Cavan)   Brewster Park 14:30   Ciaran Branagan

Ulster Junior Football Club Championship

(Antrim)St Teresas v Butlersbridge Emmetts(Cavan)   Casement Park 12:45   Barry Cassidy
(Armagh)Shane ONeills v Seán Dolans(Derry)   Athletic Grounds 12:45    Eugene McConnell
(Fermanagh)Belnaleck Art McMurroughs v Moville Bun an Phobail(Donegal)   Brewster Park 12:45   Eamon McHugh
(Tyrone)Newtownstewart St Eugenes v Emyvale (Monaghan)   Healy Park Omagh 14:30   Raymond Doone

See the fixtures list provided by the Ulster Council now comes with an "Extra Time if required" message which was not there before the first three Preliminary Round games.
Danny Murphy seems to have told John Campbell "This was made very clear before the current competition got underway. No-one should be in any doubt." (This was after the Cavan Gaels v St Galls match had taken place and gone to Extra Time).
A free pint in Casey on Sunday to the 1st poster who can find the "made very clear" being on the internet before the Preliminary Round match. (There was no mention in either Gaelic Life or the Irish News beforehand either).

ogshead

Does anyone know the price into Casement tomorrow? Heard that it was £15 and I think that is a ridiculous price  >:( Can anyone confirm that for me?

Carbery

Quote from: ogshead on October 31, 2009, 10:42:24 PM
Does anyone know the price into Casement tomorrow? Heard that it was £15 and I think that is a ridiculous price  >:( Can anyone confirm that for me?

I assume that is into the covered stand.
Well worth it as the weather forecast is not good at all.  Strong winds and very heavy rain throughout the afternoon.

ogshead

To tell the truth, if it is £15 in tomorrow it f***in disgrace. I had heard reports in the last couple of years of people giving out about prices in to Ulster club matches. In the current economic climate, the ulster council are taking the hand out of loyal supporters. I will be there though cheerin the lads on  :)

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

mountainboii

Quote from: ogshead on October 31, 2009, 10:42:24 PM

Was gonna head up, but with that price and the weather forecast I'm beginning to have second thoughts.

Are there student rates at these games, the out of date student card could be worth a try. Why is this pretty basic info never available on the website, or anywhere else for that matter?