Author Topic: The Super(ish) Leeds United Thread  (Read 75351 times)

Rufus T Firefly

• Na Clairsigh, Ard Mhacha
    • View Profile
Re: The Super(ish) Leeds United Thread
« Reply #255 on: July 19, 2009, 11:47:46 PM »
Any off you guys venture to the Oval on Saturday?

Had thought about going up, but was dependent on a few lads that I know through work going. That fell through and I didn't fancy venturing up on my own.

Heard they won 3-1 - any reports? I know they drew 2-2 with Shelbourne, and he played more or less two teams - Beckford got both those goals!

Have been disappointed to date at the lack of new names coming in! 
« Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 11:54:57 PM by Rufus T Firefly »

SLIGONIAN

• View Profile
« Reply #256 on: September 01, 2009, 12:17:54 PM »
Played 5 won 5, impressive start. Graysons a quality manager, did a great job at Blackpool , we got 8 million for Delph not bad for a player just out of our youth system, looks good player and should make it, hope we keep Beckford today....

we drew Liverpool at home in Carling cup, should get a big crowd..things looking up for us at last.

Stockport at home this weekend.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

WeAreBlueWeAreWhite

• 26 bottles of Ritz is enough
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: September 01, 2009, 12:45:11 PM »
Things will only start looking up for Leeds when they are no longer playing teams like Stockport at the weekends
AND A BOTTLE OF RITZ FOR ME LAC

Dinny Breen

• I will repair to the Curragh of Kildare
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: September 22, 2009, 05:39:57 PM »
Dirty Leeds heads  ;)

Any of you ever read The Damned United?, picked her up last week, it's not exactly kind to that great Leeds side, enjoyable read but doesn't half portray Brian Clough as a nutter...
#newbridgeornowhere

SLIGONIAN

• View Profile
« Reply #259 on: September 22, 2009, 05:49:11 PM »
Theres a movie aswell, have to say i enjoyed both.

Leeds Utd V Liverpool tonight in front of sold out Elland Rd in carling cup, won 7 drew 1 in L1, not a bad start...

Come on Leeds................

Billys Boots

• View Profile
« Reply #260 on: September 23, 2009, 08:52:31 AM »
Good display last night, glad it didn't go to extra time with an important away game on Saturday.

I've been recommending that book for a long time Dinny, a great read.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

SLIGONIAN

• View Profile
« Reply #261 on: September 23, 2009, 09:15:44 AM »
Ya great display last night, jees snoddy and johnson are playing well. Defence looked solid and wing backs were impressive especially crowe, seems to have solved our flanks problem under mcallister. Grayson is top quality manager. Pity we didnt get the win. At least deserved a replay. But all in all looking at the bigger picture it was probably the best end scenario, we can concentrate on the league till FA cup anyhow and we gained alot of confidence. Was impressed at the pace of our attacks and fitness levels and some of our passing was fantastic. MK Dons at the weekend big game. Bring it on.

Denn Forever

• Any means neccessary
    • View Profile
    • Malcolm x
« Reply #262 on: September 23, 2009, 11:23:39 AM »
Beware the Dons.  Need to get closer to the top and stay there this time.  We don't do play offs well!
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

SLIGONIAN

• View Profile
« Reply #263 on: October 02, 2009, 02:03:15 PM »
Leeds v Charlton heading for a 39,000 sell out at Elland Road for a League one match thats unreal.

Leeds City Council have agreed to buy thorp arch from a manchester based firm and sale and leasback to Leeds united, great deal and secures our future. We buy it back in 14 yrs. It was sold to pay off our debt a few yrs ago.

So good news all round. Super Leeds.

town lad

• View Profile
« Reply #264 on: October 02, 2009, 03:36:47 PM »
It is great to see Leeds on there way back, but as the upper part of the East Stand is not open tomorrow the crowd will be about 32,000. Still great for League 1.

SLIGONIAN

• View Profile
« Reply #265 on: October 02, 2009, 04:26:49 PM »
I read it on the leeds website, said only 1000 tickets left and none on sale on the day and that was it. Not like bates to close the upper tier when he'd sell a fair few. Didnt read that anywhere but have to take your word for it.

SLIGONIAN

• View Profile
« Reply #266 on: October 31, 2009, 05:05:38 PM »
4-0 win again today  ;D

7pts clear, great reaction to the millwall game.

cornerback

• View Profile
« Reply #267 on: November 25, 2009, 04:59:52 PM »
4-0 win again today  ;D

Still undefeated since the Millwall game.  Another late winner... i make that 4 draws and 1 deafeat all turned into victories in the last 10mins.  Thats the kinda form your looking for to gain the title and automatic promotion. Although admittedly the millwall game was a draw turned into defeat in the last 10mins!

stew

• View Profile
« Reply #268 on: November 25, 2009, 05:56:19 PM »
4-0 win again today  ;D

Still undefeated since the Millwall game.  Another late winner... i make that 4 draws and 1 deafeat all turned into victories in the last 10mins.  Thats the kinda form your looking for to gain the title and automatic promotion. Although admittedly the millwall game was a draw turned into defeat in the last 10mins!

When I win the megabucks lotto over here I am buying Leeds, they will be a premiership team inside of three years. I hope they inflict further misery on rafa.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

SLIGONIAN

• View Profile
« Reply #269 on: November 25, 2009, 06:40:46 PM »
4-0 win again today  ;D

When I win the megabucks lotto over here I am buying Leeds, they will be a premiership team inside of three years. I hope they inflict further misery on rafa.

Dont forget about your new team Sligo aswell ;)

Great win again last night, looking good this yr. Hopefully the tide has turned. Rough couple of yrs.

But your right, Leeds are cheap now, and the value would sky rocket when we get back to premier. The fanbase cant be matched n league one so wed have more money, the fans stayed loyal, huddersfield crowd will be huge. Even the championship we'd have bigger crowds than most. Huge potential. No debts but sold the thorp arch and elland rd but have buy back priority.