Author Topic: The Super(ish) Leeds United Thread  (Read 73231 times)

SLIGONIAN

• View Profile
Re: The Super(ish) Leeds United Thread
« Reply #195 on: May 01, 2008, 08:22:18 PM »

Bates also said several chairmen who voted against leeds then have since admitted despite them feeling leeds were right that in there own SELF INTEREST they voted against us.

Also he said you'll see the swansea chairman saying decision was right etc and the gillingham chairman aswell both of whom dont know the facts. Lets stuff the gills this weekend and send them to Lg 2. Karma.
That's more than a bit dubious that rival clubs had a vote in the matter.

They didnt have a vote this time it was just 3man arbitration. But back in october the football league brought it to a club vote when it should of been brought to arbitration in the first place. Every club in league 2 wants leeds down for extra revenue and league 1 clubs would of course have better chance with us deducted pts. Then championship clubs wouldnt want a giant like us back. It stink of greed and self interest.

Weve actually did every club in administration or near it a huge favour in that the Football league have to revise there procedures now because they are flawed which makes us the MARTYRs.

The arbitration would of probably voted in favour of us back then as they now blame us for delaying and timing it now would be unfaiir to other clubs.

Absolute travesty of justice. Whats worse is seeing mawhinney smugness on sky along with swansea and gillingham chairmen >:( >:(.

Anyways Im going to the home leg and play off final if we get there, if we do it this way and get promoted its probably better for the fans. The release of rage inside me if we get promoted wont be unlike a primal scream. :-[
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

ludermor

• View Profile
« Reply #196 on: May 01, 2008, 08:28:04 PM »
can you blame the swansea and gillingham charimen for being happy. the self pity is great craic.

SLIGONIAN

• View Profile
« Reply #197 on: May 01, 2008, 08:46:44 PM »
can you blame the swansea and gillingham charimen for being happy. the self pity is great craic.

Explain to me why the Gillingham chairman is sooooo happy and opinionated the clown. :D. When he has to go to ELLAND RD this saturday and win to stay up. You obviously havnt a clue. ::).

Ok the swansea is delighted and feels justice has been served, when the man hasnt got a clue what the circumstances are.  If this was on the field where it matters we'd be promoted.

The only way justice will be done is if we send the Gills down to League 2 and win the play offs. Anyways as  fan I get to see leeds in home leg and hopefully will be at the new wembley seeing us win in front of 90,000. Wouldnt mind that too much ;D.

It is time too look on the bright side.

ludermor

• View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 01, 2008, 09:07:16 PM »
i dont know is their a reason for him not to be happy?

Rufus T Firefly

• Na Clairsigh, Ard Mhacha
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: May 01, 2008, 11:47:16 PM »
At least all the uncertainty is now over. Time to move on and concentrate on the play offs. Of the five possible teams who wil be competing, I would say Leeds are probably showing the best current form. Going up would be great, but if the worst comes to the worst and Leeds fail this time around, at least Leeds can start next season, for the first time in a long while, confident that they will be playing on a level playing field, and with optimism that a return to the Championship is around the corner!    8)

SLIGONIAN

• View Profile
« Reply #200 on: May 02, 2008, 12:03:22 AM »
i dont know is their a reason for him not to be happy?

Yes because hes just done a rafael benitez on it. LUFC will show no mercy and motivation for the game will be from his comments. We have nothing to play for this weekend and the clown should keep his mouth shut especially when hes at the bottom of the table and it wouldnt effect him us getting the pts back.

Rufus it would be soul destroying to not get promoted now. Absolutely unthinkable. We will get promoted... 8).

Billys Boots

• View Profile
« Reply #201 on: May 02, 2008, 11:22:55 AM »
It's back to the old Revie days of 'everyone hates us, let's show the f*ckers', and that suits me (and half of Yorkshire).  The good days are on the way back, I tell ye.  Icky Thump!!
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

SLIGONIAN

• View Profile
« Reply #202 on: May 02, 2008, 01:34:28 PM »
It's back to the old Revie days of 'everyone hates us, let's show the f*ckers', and that suits me (and half of Yorkshire).  The good days are on the way back, I tell ye.  Icky Thump!!

Ya lets show the f*ckers. The tide is definitly turning. Leeds till I die.  8).

magpie seanie

• View Profile
« Reply #203 on: May 02, 2008, 03:39:23 PM »
Anyways Im going to the home leg and play off final if we get there

So you can be in London on May 25th but can't go to watch Sligo? Don't ever lecture anyone about missing Sligo games again.

Owenmoresider

• View Profile
« Reply #204 on: May 02, 2008, 03:58:17 PM »

So you can be in London on May 25th but can't go to watch Sligo? Don't ever lecture anyone about missing Sligo games again.
Ouch  :D :D :D

AZOffaly

• View Profile
« Reply #205 on: May 02, 2008, 03:59:53 PM »
I believe the French say it best.

'Touché Msr. Seanie' :D

ludermor

• View Profile
« Reply #206 on: May 02, 2008, 04:16:45 PM »
Class Seanie  :D

SLIGONIAN

• View Profile
« Reply #207 on: May 02, 2008, 06:03:51 PM »

Ouch  :D :D :D

Seanie - Im going to send you a PM just to explain how things have changed for me. I dont want people to know my personal business and I dont want get into a pointless war of words with you again.

I will say this I didnt know the date for the play off final was same day. I got some good news last week in my life and I am now available to go. I didnt know both clashed and had intended to go to both. I will also say in 2006 I had to same choice when living in london to go see leeds in cardiff play off final (alot easier to get too) but no I flew home and went to galway got soaked and didnt see any game because it was called off.  Came home again the week after.

There is only one choice for me, I always support Sligo first. End of and that cannot be questioned. The same choice will be made this time i just didnt know they clashed.

Please dont try and justify in your own head your oen lack of support of your county by trying to belittle me. I know I know my stuff and I do not need validation of anyone outside myself.

Rarely also to I question or lecture anyone for not going to games. I only bring that up when someone who wasnt at the game, has an opinion on the game thats all. Of course I do wish a couple of thousand would go to league games but thats unrealistic.

Read my PM. Im not going to waste a PM on OMS. It would be full of BEAL BOCHT stuff, (still dont know what that means)Im sure its a compliment to me ::).

« Last Edit: May 02, 2008, 08:58:59 PM by SLIGONIAN »

SLIGONIAN

• View Profile
« Reply #208 on: May 14, 2008, 12:47:56 PM »
Got back last night from Leeds. Very disappointing performance. The atmosphere was beyond anything ive ever experienced especially at the start. The roar from the revie stand is unbeliavble. In fairness to leeds fans they were behind the team the whole way through. Marching on together has to be the best soccer chant for displaying passion. Just a pity the team didnt respond. Extroadinary experience all the same.

Considering how shit we played 2-1 is actually a good result. The place went mental when freedman scored because the tie was over if we lost 2-0. But now we still have a chance. I was at 1st leg play off against preston a few yrs back and we played ok but eddie lewis got great free kick to level 1-1. Remember billy davies after saying JOB DONE. Not quite Leeds won away leg 2-0.

Leeds have major problems. The midfield was Douglas, Howson, prutton and kilkenny, all of them are central midfielders with not much pace. We had no width on either flank and poor frazer richardson was being overlapped the whole night with no cover. Kilkenny gave him no protection. Taking off beckford was a mistake. Should of played 3 up top with kandol coming on. The supply to the front men was atrocious. No creativity. Carlisle looked dangerous all night but seat back and invited us on which eventually we took advantage of.

Anyways we cant play much worse so maybe we can do it and hopefully get the first goal. I still believe we can do it.

"15pts who gives a fu*k, we are leeds and were going up" ;)

Main Street

• View Profile
« Reply #209 on: May 14, 2008, 01:39:24 PM »
Times are tough when you are beaten at home by a team that Roddy Collins once managed.