Author Topic: The Super(ish) Leeds United Thread  (Read 71637 times)

ballinaman

• MWWSSD
    • View Profile
Re: The Super(ish) Leeds United Thread
« Reply #420 on: October 20, 2012, 05:37:13 PM »
One sc**bag, not a bunch of them. His name and record are well known and he is deservedly heading for a long stretch.
Nearly got clapped on the back when he came back into the crowd, bunch of sc**bags
Who do you support in england ballinaman? I think anyone who chants that stuff saville is a sc**bag, and this sc**bag who assaulted should be jailed. Leeds will be punished no doubt unlike Hudderfield last yr read this http://stevehallsfootball.com/2012/05/16/huddersfield-1-mk-dons-2-alan-smith-attacked-by-fans-after-play-off-win/.

But before all soccer fans start taking the morale high ground there are scum in every club. Ive been to grounds where munich and hillsborough are regurlerly chanted. Man u fans bring there turkish flags to taunt leeds fans about 2 elderly leeds fans killed in istanbul. Look at hudderfield above. Cantonas karate kick, gerarrd assault dj when he wouldnt play his song, the lack of condemnation of suarez comments last yr...etc..

Ive been on the leeds forums and most if not all are disgusted, angry, ashamed and embarrased at the chants, the assault, but i condenm all the scum chants. We are all not animals nor will accept all leeds fans be tarred by the one brush. This is a gaa forum and alot will point gaa not needing segregation etc... and gaa fans which i am first and foremost will take the high morale grd aswell etc.. i remember being at u16 club game a few yrs were one of our players was assaulted by an opposing club fan and he was rushed to hospital with swollen jaw and nose, the opposing club wouldnt name the person and a cover up ensued. It was off the ball so none of us seen it as it happened on far side of the pitch.

Again i condemn it all but leeds fans are not the only who have scumbags in there midst. MOT.
Tranmere
Really? Me too.
I always keep an eye on their results ever since John Aldridge joined them as a player then as manager,went to see one of their games one weekend when I was over at Anfield.
Came very close to making the top flight a few times as well.
Doing well this season.
Yep, bit of a family connection with the club for a long time. 1st defeat of the season today away to Bournemouth, shouldn't be losing there to be honest when playing as well as they have been. Squad is a bit thin but looks promising this year, lots of good young lads getting a chance.

SLIGONIAN

• View Profile
« Reply #421 on: October 20, 2012, 10:02:47 PM »

Again i condemn it all but leeds fans are not the only who have scumbags in there midst. MOT.

MOT? Indeed.
MOT i always will be where Leeds are concerned, and i March with all those genuine Leeds fans who have to stick together through the tough times, last night was ruined for most of us, its our anthem aswell, nothing to do with scumbags. The majority of Leeds fans are together in the battle against this thugeery and chanting.

No worries btw ballinaman, im just sick of all Leeds fans being tard with same brush and other clubs never looking at themselves, thinking oh were perfect, leeds are the only scum..i know you werent saying that and my message was mainly just pre emtive to anyone thinking of taking the morale high ground.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Minder

• View Profile
« Reply #422 on: January 01, 2013, 02:39:34 PM »
Might belong in the WTF thread, a young Leeds supporter gets "blacked up" for his hero Diouf

http://t.co/kQS895VE
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Tony Baloney

• View Profile
« Reply #423 on: January 01, 2013, 04:16:02 PM »
Might belong in the WTF thread, a young Leeds supporter gets "blacked up" for his hero Diouf

http://t.co/kQS895VE
I would like to see what the parents are like! Idiots.

screenexile

• Up The Screen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: July 03, 2014, 09:05:32 AM »
What the absolute f**k??!!

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jul/03/massimo-cellino-leeds-united-paddy-kenny

Massimo Cellino axes Paddy Kenny from Leeds over date of birth
• Cellino says number 17 is unlucky - Kenny’s birthday is 17 May
• Goalkeeper is second-highest earner at the club

Massimo Cellino Massimo Cellino had seat number 17 removed from his former club Cagliari's ground and replaced with 16B. Photograph: Daniel Hambury/PA

The increasingly bizarre world of Leeds United has taken another turn for the strange after it emerged that Massimo Cellino, their maverick new owner, has such a dislike of the number 17 it has turned him against one of the club’s key players who was born on that date.

Cellino is so suspicious of the number 17 that he had the seats at his former club, Cagliari, taken out and replaced with 16B. Now he has instructed the new Leeds head coach, Dave Hockaday, not to select Paddy Kenny after discovering that the goalkeeper’s birthday is on 17 May and concluding that he is bad luck for the Championship club. Kenny, the second-highest earner at Leeds on £10,000 a week, has been left at home while the other players embark on a pre-season trip to Italy and he will not play for the club again.

Cellino, who also has a fear of purple, has separate issues about Kenny allegedly being overweight but is said to have reacted emotionally when he found out the 36-year-old goalkeeper had a connection with the number 17.

The Italian’s superstition about that number is so strong he has told Hockaday it must not form part of the squad list next season. Michael Brown previously wore 17 for Leeds but was released at the end of the season.

The issue goes back to Cellino’s time in Italian football when he says there was only one occasion in 20 years that Cagliari won or drew a game on the 17th of a month. In a recent interview, he remembered that victory and put it down to him asking the club’s supporters to wear the dreaded purple to the game. “The whole stadium was purple on the 17th. We won because I think that bad luck is like algebra: minus and minus is positive. Purple and 17 … they became positive and we won. That’s the only time.”

Cellino completed his takeover of Leeds in April but only after an appeal against the Football League’s decision to try to block him entry on the grounds he had a previous conviction for fraud.

Since then, he has sacked Brian McDermott and unexpectedly brought in Hockaday, who had been out of work for eight months after leaving his previous club, Forest Green, on the back of a run of seven defeats in eight games.

Leeds are now embarking on a cost-cutting process that has seen the canteen at their training ground closed down, meaning the players have to take packed lunches or send out for sandwiches. The players are also being made to pay to have their kits washed. Hockaday will not have control of transfer business and Cellino intends to flood the squad with free signings and cheap Italian imports. Stuart Taylor, who left Reading at the end of the season, has joined Leeds to take over from Kenny.

Billys Boots

• View Profile
« Reply #425 on: July 03, 2014, 09:11:34 AM »
It's Twilight Zone stuff, as if we weren't used to that already - I'm (almost) pining for Dave O'Leary.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

AZOffaly

• View Profile
« Reply #426 on: August 20, 2014, 12:10:25 PM »
I heard that Paddy Kelly was released by Leeds there last week, after the mad owner said that he wouldn't play for the club again because his Birth date is the 17th of May, and your man has a phobia about the number 17. Crazy stuff.

Mourne Rover

• View Profile
« Reply #427 on: August 20, 2014, 12:48:31 PM »
Cellino is a colourful figure but some of the stories surrounding him can be placed in the urban legend category. The keeper is Paddy Kenny, not Kelly, and he has had a few ups and downs along the way. The reports that he turned up for pre-season training more than a stone overweight almost certainly had more to do with his departure than his birthday. Cellino had also lined up a pretty decent young Italian keeper on a competitive wage, so spreading a few rumours about unlucky numbers may have had the desired effect. However, on the basis of last night's result, it could be another long hard season for Leeds anyway.

AZOffaly

• View Profile
« Reply #428 on: August 20, 2014, 01:02:45 PM »
Cellino is a colourful figure but some of the stories surrounding him can be placed in the urban legend category. The keeper is Paddy Kenny, not Kelly, and he has had a few ups and downs along the way. The reports that he turned up for pre-season training more than a stone overweight almost certainly had more to do with his departure than his birthday. Cellino had also lined up a pretty decent young Italian keeper on a competitive wage, so spreading a few rumours about unlucky numbers may have had the desired effect. However, on the basis of last night's result, it could be another long hard season for Leeds anyway.

Sorry I meant Paddy Kenny. Don't know where I got Kelly. I have a neighbour called Paddy Kelly, maybe that's it.

Denn Forever

• Any means neccessary
    • View Profile
    • Malcolm x
« Reply #429 on: October 03, 2014, 10:50:54 AM »
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

SLIGONIAN

• View Profile
« Reply #430 on: October 03, 2014, 11:03:23 AM »
I just moved over to London to work and was over last weekend for the Dolphins as I am huge fan, was great, but also I went to brentford without a ticket, both sets of fans were mixing outside the ground in what was a very friendly atmosphere, I got a ticket at face value and went into the Leeds away end, the leeds fans were a credit to the club, not a hint of trouble, we played terrible and only for silvestri we would have been hammered,

Cellino is a nut job, way to public with his mouth and way too emotional in his decision making, he has huge influence in the team selection, will be interesting to see if he buys back elland rd in November as he promised, I presume ye know outer ex chairman David haigh is in jail in Dubai since may, there's a book being written by ex LUST chairman Gary cooper about the last few yrs goings on at Leeds, should make interesting reading
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

BennyHarp

• View Profile
« Reply #431 on: October 25, 2014, 06:55:28 PM »
The circus continues - Leeds are going nowhere under Cellino! http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29774801
That was never a square ball!!

Syferus

• View Profile
« Reply #432 on: October 25, 2014, 07:55:12 PM »
The circus continues - Leeds are going nowhere under Cellino! http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29774801

Even Clough lasted 44 days..

RealSpiritof98

• View Profile
« Reply #433 on: October 25, 2014, 10:28:19 PM »
Seen this on twitter, thought it was funny....

Clocks go back tonight, so if Leeds appointed a new manager at 1.30 am, they could actually sack him half an hour before before he started.

muppet

• View Profile
« Reply #434 on: October 25, 2014, 11:23:09 PM »
Seen this on twitter, thought it was funny....

Clocks go back tonight, so if Leeds appointed a new manager at 1.30 am, they could actually sack him half an hour before before he started.

;D ;D
MWWSI 2017