Author Topic: Guilty Pleasures Thread  (Read 7588 times)

stew

• View Profile
Re: Guilty Pleasures Thread
« Reply #90 on: December 11, 2015, 09:10:28 PM »
The 12th of July.

I'm from a staunchly republican and hibernian background. My grandfather used to cut James Connolly's hair around the back of a pub in Lesson Street and he was a rampant penpal to Wolfe Tone's nephew. However, at the Open University I had loyalist friends and I never revealed myself to them in terms of religion or sectarian bias. I first attended a 12th of July parade in Ballymena in 1994 and I have been hooked ever since. Last year I went to Dunfanaghy and we started drinking on the bus at 6am leaving the Docks. We made sure we urinated over the railings at any GAA ground or chapel and continuously sang awful songs about the Vatican's Pope, Celtic's John Lennon, Tony Blair, John Cleese, Gay Byrne, Colin Farrell and Jedward. The sense of camaraderie was untold and we were completely wrecked on the cider by the time we arrived back at the docks. To finish off we chased a few taigs around the short strand with bars and kicked the crap out of what we hoped was a fenian in a green tshirt. I do feel a bit guilty the next morning at Mass. You just don't get that sense of friendship on St Patrick's Day but I love it too.

Shane that is some of the funniest shite I have ever read on here.............................................. PMSL.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

5 Sams

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 11, 2015, 10:29:33 PM »

Love her...despite her being a ginger. :-*
The Aristocrat Years

hardstation

• On a cold and misty morning on the Anagaire bridge
    • View Profile
    • gaaboard.com
« Reply #92 on: December 11, 2015, 10:36:49 PM »

Love her...despite her being a ginger. :-*
"Guilty pleasure".....

Eamonnca1

• Catching the world in my headlights of justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 12, 2019, 06:16:42 PM »
ELO, particularly the Time album.  With some albums there's a handful of tunes that I'm not so fond of, but not with this album. It's a complete experience. Very appealing to a Sci Fi fan like myself.  I have fond memories of listening to it on vinyl, when the stationary nature of the device meant it kinda demanded your undivided attention since you couldn't exactly take it with you when you went jogging.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgxAbVrT3u0

Farrandeelin

• Hey buckaroo! How are you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 12, 2019, 06:59:02 PM »
Home and Away. Catfish.
The woman in red has the car parked on the slope.

Insane Bolt

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 12, 2019, 08:24:37 PM »
Bagpipes 😎

johnnycool

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 13, 2019, 11:13:13 AM »

JoG2

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 13, 2019, 11:35:58 AM »
ELO, particularly the Time album.  With some albums there's a handful of tunes that I'm not so fond of, but not with this album. It's a complete experience. Very appealing to a Sci Fi fan like myself.  I have fond memories of listening to it on vinyl, when the stationary nature of the device meant it kinda demanded your undivided attention since you couldn't exactly take it with you when you went jogging.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgxAbVrT3u0

ELO a guilty pleasure?? Madness!

Take That however ! Some good tunes