Wedding presents

Started by tyrone girl, August 17, 2009, 09:53:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Mac Eoghain on August 19, 2009, 02:30:25 PM
I thought that was what you were saying about all weddings...

Well it is, I hate weddings, it not my type of day,  but if it's a friend or family I'll go and put a smile on my face.  I've only ever been to one or two weddings I've enjoyed. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

cavan4ever

Quote from: pintsofguinness on August 19, 2009, 02:31:56 PM

Well it is, I hate weddings, it not my type of day,  but if it's a friend or family I'll go and put a smile on my face.  I've only ever been to one or two weddings I've enjoyed.

I think the only time that you would be happy is when your complaining.  Thats just impression i get from you and apologies if im wrong.

cavan4ever

Quote from: ziggysego on August 19, 2009, 02:30:17 PM
I love weddings. A lot of begrudgary in here. A great days craic  ;D

I agree. Good food and lots of drink  ;D

sammymaguire

Quote from: cavan4ever on August 19, 2009, 02:37:41 PM

I think the only time that you would be happy is when your complaining.  Thats just impression i get from you and apologies if im wrong.

now he could not have nearly 10,000 posts and them all whinging, its just weddings in general he does not enjoy, furry muff as they say... maybe a few few quite pints of the black stuff in the local with the lads whatching the football is more in his line of enjoyment. good on him (although its nice to be multi-dimensional)
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: gerrykeegan on August 19, 2009, 01:36:32 PM
Croi

Where is the wedding? Are you marrying a girl from the county. I got stuck with a Dirty Dub!

Wexford woman, having the shindig down there so it might as well be a Dub  :P

I'd serious look into getting either the money back or your photos on a disc off that chancer. Have a look on these forums that, em, a, em, friend, told me about to see if he/she gets a mention/has their details on there

http://www.southeastbrides.ie/index.php/Forum/
http://www.weddingsireland.com/forums/
http://www.weddingsonline.ie/discussion/
http://www.simplyweddings.com/

Then give the chancer a ring, tell them what you saw (make stuff up like that's where you got their details, complementary reports, etc) & if you don't get either your money back or your photos you'll detail your experience with them on every wedding forum out there to the last detail. Hopefully they'll see sense, if not, do as promised, at least it'll help you sleep easier at night...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

bingobus

Quote from: cavan4ever on August 19, 2009, 02:39:01 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on August 19, 2009, 02:30:17 PM
I love weddings. A lot of begrudgary in here. A great days craic  ;D

I agree. Good food and lots of drink  ;D

+1

pintsofguinness

and you know a lot about me?

cavan4ever

Quote from: pintsofguinness on August 19, 2009, 02:41:57 PM

and you know a lot about me?

Thats just from this board, as i said apologies if im wrong.

Tony Baloney

While we're at it - why do Irish women feel they need to be tangoed to go to a wedding. Also are people still getting married in those f**king crushed velvet jackets (cream or purple)? Jesus!

cavan4ever

Quote from: Tony Baloney on August 19, 2009, 02:51:23 PM
While we're at it - why do Irish women feel they need to be tangoed to go to a wedding. Also are people still getting married in those f**king crushed velvet jackets (cream or purple)? Jesus!

Thats one for TG to answer.

Hardy

Quote from: Treasurer on August 19, 2009, 12:42:12 PM
Dear Bridezilla

Thank you for your kind invitation to your wedding.  I hope you won't think I'm being rude in writing this letter, but as you included "Cash presents only please" on your invitations, I think I can safely assume that good old fashioned manners and etiquette are off the table and that you won't be insulted.

You see, my dilemma is that I cannot decide what would be an appropriate gift, as I have no idea what kind of celebration you have planned and so I'd appreciate if you would let me know if you are planning to include any of the following, so that I can calculate the value of my gift:
•   Doves
•   String quartets
•   Gilt edged marriage booklets
•   Champagne on arrival
•   Waterford crystal keepsakes
•   Diamond pins on the seat covers
•   Ice sculptures
•   Animals of any kind (I hear camels are all the rage)
•   Free bar
•   Fire eaters
•   Comedians

If you are including more than three of the above, then I'm afraid I might have to go home early so as not to outstay the value of my contribution.  Indeed if you are planning to include ALL of the above, then I'm sorry to say your invitation must have got lost in the post.

Your friend always,

PS Thank you for the 2 year's advance notice and the details of the savings club

PPS Are you the girl who used to sit behind me in English class?

That's very good, Treasurer.

tyrone girl

how do u post pics on this thing

Dinny Breen

A lot of people I invited to my wedding were very up front and simply said they couldn't afford to attend other people simply had holidays booked but we were very grateful for anyone that attended and we certainly didn't cover our cost or expect to. No couple should expect that but for the record Treasurer we had a champagne reception and a free bar, thanks for pointing out to me that supplying your friends and family with something for free is an extravagance and not a reward for travelling and attending our wedding and our way of helping people reduce the costs. The attitude of some people here beggars belief, our wedding was a celebration of 14years of knowing each other, of becoming a family and making that commitment of a life time together it certainly wasn't about making money and if some people find weddings a burden then don't fu*cking go I doubt you would be missed.
#newbridgeornowhere

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Dinny Breen on August 19, 2009, 03:04:53 PM
A lot of people I invited to my wedding were very up front and simply said they couldn't afford to attend other people simply had holidays booked but we were very grateful for anyone that attended and we certainly didn't cover our cost or expect to. No couple should expect that but for the record Treasurer we had a champagne reception and a free bar, thanks for pointing out to me that supplying your friends and family with something for free is an extravagance and not a reward for travelling and attending our wedding and our way of helping people reduce the costs. The attitude of some people here beggars belief, our wedding was a celebration of 14years of knowing each other, of becoming a family and making that commitment of a life time together it certainly wasn't about making money and if some people find weddings a burden then don't f**cking go I doubt you would be missed.

Dinny I dont think anyone would have an issue if that's your attitude.  People can have whatever they want, it's only an issue when guests are expected to pay for it but you've made it clear you didnt.

sammymaguire

no civilised couple getting married nowadays expect their guest to pay for the wedding... please POG stop winding will ya.
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!