USPGA

Started by full back, August 12, 2009, 11:10:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galwaybhoy

Laoislad you seem pretty knowledgeable when it comes to golf, do you think it would be a safe bet throwing €100 on Woods at 4/11?  It would be a small win I know but a wins a win.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Galwaybhoy on August 15, 2009, 12:17:54 AM
Laoislad you seem pretty knowledgeable when it comes to golf, do you think it would be a safe bet throwing €100 on Woods at 4/11?  It would be a small win I know but a wins a win.

Dunno about that  :D
Anyway for what its worth I can't see anyone only Woods winning this at this stage..
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Galwaybhoy

Bet made.  If I lose I'll be taking my frustration out on you!   :D

venter

harry is steadily clawing his way back in to it .... after the three bogeys.. if he can get out in the last group it will mean a lot.. he has the eye in

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.

gerry

woods just seems to have the bit more class, nice shot at the last hole
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

venter

some putt from woods.... the only chance is to have harry minding him for the weekend, and even at that its a long shot

Bogball XV

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on August 15, 2009, 12:07:50 AM
Tiger and Harry having a good chat and laugh walking down to the green,I wonder is Tiger slagging him over Kerry trashing Dublin  :)
I'd say harry is claiming he's a cork man at this stage - his old man played for them I think.

This looks over, but tiger's not the player he was and if his dodgy driving comes back to haunt him tomorrow, he might give somebody a chance, the problem is they often seem incapable of raising their game when he's on the course.

venter

Quote from: Bogball XV on August 15, 2009, 12:49:55 AM

This looks over, but tiger's not the player he was and if his dodgy driving comes back to haunt him tomorrow, he might give somebody a chance,
[/quote]

Thats funny .. why is tiger not the player he was?? tiger was never afraid to hit it in the rough? what qualifies as good driving?

Poor finish from harry. pity. vijay or westwood in the final group

Bogball XV

Quote from: venter on August 15, 2009, 01:15:05 AM
Quote from: Bogball XV on August 15, 2009, 12:49:55 AM

This looks over, but tiger's not the player he was and if his dodgy driving comes back to haunt him tomorrow, he might give somebody a chance,

Thats funny .. why is tiger not the player he was?? tiger was never afraid to hit it in the rough? what qualifies as good driving?

Poor finish from harry. pity. vijay or westwood in the final group
[/quote]
this year his driving has been all over the place, a good drive is an accurate drive, especially on a major course - you'll get away with bad drives on the run of the mill course set ups, but rough is normally more severe on majors thus you get found out - that's why he hasn't won a major this year and until now, he's not really threatened to either.
He's obviously the best in the world by a distance, but he's not as unbeatable as he was back in the early part of the decade. 

magickingdom

in a way it might suit harry not to be in tigers group today, he's had tiger for the last 3 rounds and that a lot of hassle

anportmorforjfc

http://www.skysports.com/golf/video/uspga nothing happening, what time does the coverage start?

magickingdom

Quote from: anportmorforjfc on August 15, 2009, 03:40:18 PM
http://www.skysports.com/golf/video/uspga nothing happening, what time does the coverage start?

4pm all the leaders head out in the next hour

gerry

tiger par for the first 9 holes

gerry

Paddy looking better today. 1 behind tiger