USPGA

Started by full back, August 12, 2009, 11:10:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sammymaguire

Quote from: Doogie Browser on August 14, 2009, 12:24:26 PM
Sandy Lyle is a bitter old man now, I wish he would shut the f**k up and have some dignity.  He didn't even have the respect to finish his first round at the Open last year because it was too wet for him and he was running up a cricket score, strange decision by Sky to have him on. They have a poor enough team for golf commentary though, Thomas Bjorn was terrible at the US Open.
The Beeb have all the diamonds as far as I am concerned, Allis, Torrance, Grady and even Ken Brown are better than Sky's line up.

agreed Doogie.... although Butch is good
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Doogie Browser

Harrington & Woods tee off at 7.45pm tonight so looks like a long evening in front of the telly with a few cold ones for Doogie  8)

Bogball XV

Sandy Lyle is a bitter old man now, I wish he would shut the f**k up and have some dignity.  He didn't even have the respect to finish his first round at the Open last year because it was too wet for him and he was running up a cricket score, strange decision by Sky to have him on. They have a poor enough team for golf commentary though, Thomas Bjorn was terrible at the US Open.
The Beeb have all the diamonds as far as I am concerned, Allis, Torrance, Grady and even Ken Brown are better than Sky's line up.
allis is well past his sell by date

gallsman

Quote from: Bogball XV on August 14, 2009, 02:10:58 PM
allis is well past his sell by date

Blasphemy! Allis is a god among his sporting commentary peers!

GaillimhIarthair

Sandy Lyle is a bitter old man now, I wish he would shut the f**k up and have some dignity.  He didn't even have the respect to finish his first round at the
Agreed.  He made some tit of himself last night with his "double hit" comment on Monty's green-side chip last night.  I suspect Sky will drop him fairly sharpish.....

DennistheMenace

Major blooper Sky hiring Lyle, not only is he not a good commentator but he isn't very well liked among the general public.

Allis is very well respected and regarded and I for one love his ramblings about everything non-relevant and a bit of golf too.

muppet

Bjorn is only 6 months older than Harrington, started with Harrington on the European Tour in 1996 and beat Harrington to rookie of the year that year. Most people would have said he was more talented that Harrington, they still say the same about Clarke, Monty, McIlroy etc.

I'm sure young Rory knows which one to model himself on.
MWWSI 2017

Doogie Browser

Quote from: muppet on August 14, 2009, 04:01:16 PM

Bjorn is only 6 months older than Harrington, started with Harrington on the European Tour in 1996 and beat Harrington to rookie of the year that year. Most people would have said he was more talented that Harrington, they still say the same about Clarke, Monty, McIlroy etc.

I'm sure young Rory knows which one to model himself on.
Bjorn cacked it at the Brit Open a few years ago too I think?  had it in his hands so to speak and shit the togs.  Think he is high up on the European Tour Committe now.

sammymaguire

Bjorn spat his dummy out too when he was left out of the Ryder Cup team by Woosie and he put Darren Clarke in instead at the K Club, lost alot of respect for that
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

anportmorforjfc

Tim Clark shoots a 68 today to get back to even for the Championship to keep by bet alive  ;). Woods and Harrington just about to tee off. 

ONeill

A much improved round for Darren today. Only +4 leaving him sweating at +10, justifying his late invitation. His front nine was a mirror of consistancy today - Bogey, Par, D Bogey, Bogey, Birdie, Par, Birdie, Bogey and Bogey. Sounds like the chorus of a winning Eurovision song.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

anportmorforjfc

Padraig joint leader with Tiger -4 after 1

ONeill

Eff me pink, McDoweeeeelllllll is leading.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: ONeill on August 14, 2009, 09:02:11 PM

is he really o' neill ? very tempted to get sky sports   :-\
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

the green man

Quote from: ONeill on August 14, 2009, 09:02:11 PM

Seen that. I also see Stricker carded an impressive +5 today, putting my bet up the left