Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

Mayo4Sam

Confirmed today, looks like our 4th (legit) gold medal
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Declan

Hope she stays fit and healthy for it and maintains her form

Capt Pat

How could her star get any bigger than the over inflated place it is at the moment, seriously womens boxing. To add insult to injury they will probably get rid of mens light heavy weight boxing and our other likely gold medal for Kenny Egan. I am not against this just pointing out that Katie taylor is over hyped and it is only womens boxing. In 2005 there were 50 registered womens boxers in the UK, now there are 600 and it is an olympic sport. A handy gold medal for Ireland though which is a bonus and Katie seems like a solid citizen

SLIGONIAN

Ya Id like to wish her the best of luck and stay injury free, will probably head to the London 2012 so look forward to seeing her.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

gallsman

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on August 13, 2009, 03:41:51 PM
Confirmed today, looks like our 4th (legit) gold medal

Don't let Jimmy Magee hear you say that! Hear what? That Michelle Smith was a dirty, rotten doped up cheat?! Yes, that!!

Mayo4Sam

Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

RedandGreenSniper

Good news. I take Captain Pat's point about women's boxing some years back but its a strong sport now and Katie Taylor is at the top of her sport. When you look at some of the sports that are in the Olympics I wouldn't be too worried about women's boxing going in. Dressage ffs!
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

carribbear

If only Waterford Crystal would have stayed off the drugs we'd have that 2002 gold.

ludermor

Quote from: Capt Pat on August 13, 2009, 09:20:03 PM
How could her star get any bigger than the over inflated place it is at the moment, seriously womens boxing. To add insult to injury they will probably get rid of mens light heavy weight boxing and our other likely gold medal for Kenny Egan. I am not against this just pointing out that Katie taylor is over hyped and it is only womens boxing. In 2005 there were 50 registered womens boxers in the UK, now there are 600 and it is an olympic sport. A handy gold medal for Ireland though which is a bonus and Katie seems like a solid citizen
Over hyped???? She has been voted boxer of the tournament in most of the major compatitions she has entered FFS she even got boxer of the tournament the one time she was beatne by a blatent home town decision. She is the one truely world class athletic we have at the minute, hopefully the weight class they propose wont mean she has to bulk up or lose too much weight.

Capt Pat

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on August 14, 2009, 12:09:40 AM
Good news. I take Captain Pat's point about women's boxing some years back but its a strong sport now and Katie Taylor is at the top of her sport. When you look at some of the sports that are in the Olympics I wouldn't be too worried about women's boxing going in. Dressage ffs!

Put her on a horse and have her throwing punches at those dressage snobs now that is a sport I would pay to watch.

Capt Pat

Quote from: ludermor on August 14, 2009, 08:40:50 AM
Quote from: Capt Pat on August 13, 2009, 09:20:03 PM
Over hyped???? She has been voted boxer of the tournament in most of the major compatitions she has entered FFS she even got boxer of the tournament the one time she was beatne by a blatent home town decision. She is the one truely world class athletic we have at the minute, hopefully the weight class they propose wont mean she has to bulk up or lose too much weight.

I would put her in the same class as tall ships for being overhyped.

ludermor

Fair play to you!
She is recognised as the greatest female boxer in the world ( amateur), how can you over hype that? Id love to see your list people who deseve your hype.

Galwaybhoy

Good news, we cant be picky when it comes to medals in the Olympics.  Saying that some people seem to think she just as to turn up to get a gold medal.  I wouldn't be that sure yet, we are a few years away from the next Games.

ludermor

Exactly and a lot could happen in that time, if the weight is not favourable to her she would struggle against the bigger women.