Pearl Jam

Started by Maguire01, August 12, 2009, 10:26:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maguire01

Any other fans on here? They're probably my favourite band.

New album on the way next month and a good lead track - The Fixer - now online.
(http://www.myspace.com/tenclub)

Here's hoping for an Irish gig in early 2010!

cavan4ever

They must be getting on a bit now , what ages would they be?

SidelineKick

Pearl jam.

Two issues I have with this:

1) It hurts my teeth
2) Its not very easy to spread
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

Maguire01

Quote from: cavan4ever on August 12, 2009, 10:28:31 AM
They must be getting on a bit now , what ages would they be?
All mid-40s. They've been on the go as Pearl Jam since 1990.

Rossie11

Used to be big fan for 1st couple of albums.
Seen them at Slane with Neil Young

Sort of went off them few years ago.
Would def go see them again if they came to Dublin.

Maguire01

If you were lucky enough to get tickets that is. They sold out in ridiculous time a few years ago  - I missed out and ended up going to the Paris show instead.

carribbear

Quote from: Maguire01 on August 12, 2009, 10:26:55 AM
Any other fans on here? They're probably my favourite band.

New album on the way next month and a good lead track - The Fixer - now online.
(http://www.myspace.com/tenclub)

Here's hoping for an Irish gig in early 2010!

Might be the only thing that i'd ever agree with you on. My favourite band also.
Don't think The Fixer is a standout, hoping theres another couple of gems on there.

tyroneman

Saw them at slane also and my lasting memory is of young blowing them away and of eddie vedder being an arrogant tw$t

hectorsheroes

Young would blow anyone away but very good band - new song good alright

Rossie11

QuoteSaw them at slane also and my lasting memory is of young blowing them away and of eddie vedder being an arrogant tw$t
What gave you that impression on the day? Cant remember him saying a whole pile

Speaking of Young what do you think of his excessive guitar solos?
Only seen Glastonbury on TV but christ he doesnt half go on.

Maguire01

Quote from: tyroneman on August 12, 2009, 11:44:52 AM
Saw them at slane also and my lasting memory is of young blowing them away and of eddie vedder being an arrogant tw$t
Well Neil Young was the headliner. He also clearly holds Pearl Jam in much higher regard than you do.

westmayo

Was never a fan of them when I prob should have been as a teenager when everyone else was really into them, but have picked up most of their albums over the last couple of years and kinda annoyed with myself for missing out on them at the time. Would really love to see them now. And on Neil Young went to him in the point back in June, blew me away great show altogether, great set list, great performance

mylestheslasher

Excellent band and tremendous live. I saw them in Germany 2 years ago and was the best gig I was ever at. Would love to see them in Ireland, alas Faith no more next week in Dublin will do for now.

C_Berg_316

Great Band - Betterman/Daughter probably my two favourite tunes - mate is going to see them in London later this month
thats the crack she said with one leg up above on the table

mountainboii

Like westmayo, was never a big fan until a couple of years ago. I even had No Code lying at the back of my CD collection for years without having ever really listened to it. My favourite band now, will definitely be out queueing for tickets if they head to Ireland.