Meteor v's O2 Mobile Networks

Started by vav, August 12, 2009, 12:26:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vav

Does anyone have any experience on using either of these 2 networks as a "Pay As You Go" customer? If so would ya recommend that network?

I have been with Vodafone Ready to Go for the last 9 years but have recently received very bad service off them and want to change my network but keep same number. Does anyone know how ya go about this? Is it necessary to 1st get the number or phone unlocked by Vodafone?

Any help or tips appreciated thanks  :)

ziggysego

I changed from Vodafone too, as they have gotten very expensive and customer services are outrageous.

First, get your new phone from either O2 or Meteor. (Do Meteor operate in the north)

Once you've it sorted, ask Vodafone for your pack number. You then give it to your new provider and they'll replace it with the number they've given you.
Testing Accessibility

vav

Cheers for help Ziggy.. not sure if they operate in North or not sorry.

armaghniac

In the South, where you probably are given the reference to Meteor, you can just go into any O2 or Meteor shop and they'll change you. You'll either have to get a new phone or get the old one unlocked, Vodafone may do this if you've had a big spend with them. The best deal is a complex matter, it can depend on who you ring and when, with weekend deals and so on. Also be aware of whether there are any signal difficulties in your usual haunts. O2 probably have the best customer service.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

vav

tyrone girl

How long have i been tellin ya to change to o2

sign on msn

vav