Quick tasty meals

Started by fred the red, August 11, 2009, 02:10:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fred the red

Quote from: Muzz on August 11, 2009, 05:33:59 PM
Quote from: fred the red on August 11, 2009, 05:04:15 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on August 11, 2009, 04:58:03 PM
Dairylea spreadable cheese and Tayto cheese and onion sandwich. Washed down with Lucozade.

thats not too bad at all.

Does anyone know is it possible to get the glass bottle lucozade? tasted much better than the plastic bottle stuff

Some pubs only do the plastic bottles...i take it they must be cheaper than the smaller glass bottles in wholesalers.

I might head down to makro to buy a few bottles, cheers.
Do them in the pubs fred but only 250ml bottles!  Can get them in the Makro I do believe.

High Wide and Handsome

fry some chicken. when the chicken is ready grate some cheese throw it into the doritos salsa chips dip and then lump the 2 onto the chicken. when the sauce is warm you are sorted. fcukin mighty gear. serve with some oven chips/fries and your landed.

Dinner.........................done!
"Swing er over!"

Nailed On

Some of you are ripping it with the quickness of these meals, I think Fred is talking instant here...

If I needed something instant I normally just have toast with loads marmalade and a glass of milk.

Scrambled egg is good for a quick fix also.

full back

Agree ONL,
Some of these arent quick at all
Best IMHO is poached eggs & toast - less than 3 mins

Franko

Triple decker Walkers Cheese and Onion crisp sandwich on thick sliced Kingsmill white bread with butter.  Glass of milk.

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: High Wide and Handsome on August 11, 2009, 05:40:42 PM
fry some chicken. when the chicken is ready grate some cheese throw it into the doritos salsa chips dip and then lump the 2 onto the chicken. when the sauce is warm you are sorted. fcukin mighty gear. serve with some oven chips/fries and your landed.

Dinner.........................done!

Gordon Ramsay-esque there HWAH.

What would you specify as quick Nailed On?

If you have 5 minutes or so, its hard to beat a few poached eggs with some wheaten bread.
If you have 10 minutes or so, pasta with bacon and some of the stir in sauces is the way to go.

rrhf

Take some chicken and pour red sauce on.  Distribute sauce evenly  with an upside down spoon taking care not to leave any extra red sauce on the spoon.  Turn spoon 180 degrees  and eat chicken with spoon.  Named red chicken by the perma drunk student who created it.  

ziggysego

Quote from: ONeill on August 11, 2009, 05:09:50 PM
Yes, I remember sugar sandwiches.  

Was telling my Welsh brother-in-law about this on Saturday. Between this and potato puddin', he doesn't think we're too wise on this side of the Irish Sea.
Testing Accessibility

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Nailed On on August 11, 2009, 05:49:24 PM
Some of you are ripping it with the quickness of these meals, I think Fred is talking instant here...

If I needed something instant I normally just have toast with loads marmalade and a glass of milk.

Scrambled egg is good for a quick fix also.

That's what I was thinking, what part of "quick" do some of you not understand?

Quote from: Franko on August 11, 2009, 05:52:05 PM
Triple decker Walkers Cheese and Onion crisp sandwich on thick sliced Kingsmill white bread with butter.  Glass of milk.

That's the best one.  - It's making me crave a crisp sandwich.

What's also really nice, I've been eating a lot of lately - those baguettes you bake in the oven yourself, only takes 5-10 minutes to bake, yum with a ham tomotoe and cheese. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Rav67

I'm fascinated with this sugar sandwich idea which seems to have been prevalent in the oul daze- how much sugar are we talking here?  Say for 2 white medium slices would you talking 3/4 tablespoons or wha?  More sugar than that would send a kid haywire surely.

For a quick feed- fried egg and 2 slices of bacon on white bread with a lock of red sauce

ONeill

Twas just a light covering of sugar over the butter on both sides.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

The Iceman

I'm on a real Humous kick at the moment.  Handy as frig to make if you have a blender and lovely with baked crisps, pitta bread or naan bread.
Plain or mixed with some jalapenos for a bit of a kick

cheap as hell too
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

5 Sams

Not the healthiest but quick and OK for a wee treat now and again....sounds boggin to but dont knock it till you've tried it.

Wee knob of butter in a saucepan, whack in a tin of beans, large dollop of brown sauce, two or three slices of freshly cut cooked ham finely chopped and finally a handful of mature grated cheddar. Put it all together in the saucepan.......heat until the cheese is melted, mix well and dump most of it onto a couple of slices of hot buttered nutty crust or if thats not available a soda...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
The Aristocrat Years

Tony Baloney

Quote from: 5 Sams on August 11, 2009, 09:47:12 PM
Not the healthiest but quick and OK for a wee treat now and again....sounds boggin to but dont knock it till you've tried it.

Wee knob of butter in a saucepan, whack in a tin of beans, large dollop of brown sauce, two or three slices of freshly cut cooked ham finely chopped and finally a handful of mature grated cheddar. Put it all together in the saucepan.......heat until the cheese is melted, mix well and dump most of it onto a couple of slices of hot buttered nutty crust or if thats not available a soda...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
f**king animals in Down!

Fellas I used to live with in Belfast had some strange ones. Pasta with tuna and salad cream was one and another was a Fray Bentos mince pie cooked in the oven. When it was cooked take the pastry lid off and pour over a tin of beans before putting the lid back on!

I'm partial to an auld chili chicken wrap at the minute with lettuce, chicken, mayo, tomato and some chili sauce. Tasty. In a real hurry a crisp piece.

pintsofguinness

I forgot to say above, I'm a BIG fan of bread and jam (blackcurrent without the bits!)

Yum. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?