17 (17.5%)
29-35
30 (30.9%)
35+
25 (25.8%)

Total Members Voted: 97

curvey

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

curvey

pintsofguinness

Quote from: curvey on August 10, 2009, 10:38:23 PM
Quote from: downgirl on August 10, 2009, 10:36:29 PM

Stone :D :D :D

Are you trying to be nasty? I've asked you before, why don't you post under the name we're more familiar with?  Last thing we need is you using two usernames to spout bullshit.   ::)
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Duine Eile

AbbeySider

This thread has made me feel old  :(

Never beat the deeler

I'm 25, clicked on the 22-25 option, made me feel younger than selecting 25-29!!
Hasta la victoria siempre

High Wide and Handsome

whos the golden oldie on here?
"Swing er over!"

wherefromreferee?

In your Endo!

brokencrossbar1

33 in years, 83 in arthritic pains >:(

A Quinn Martin Production

Careful...you don't want to end up like these "celebrities" caught out spoofing about their real age

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2009/aug/11/amanda-redman-age-celebrity

You have to feel a little bit sorry for Amanda Redman, who clearly didn't know the first rule when lying about your age: don't go on about it. Just last month she said, "I certainly haven't booked an appointment for a face-lift for my 50th. But perhaps, in five years' time, I might consider a tweak or two." Last year she said, "I really do not want to turn 50. It's horrible. I know it's only a number but I think it's the association of turning 50 with women being past it." When she celebrates, if that is the word, her birthday tomorrow, she won't be 50 – but 52, according to the Mail on Sunday, who outed her true age this week.

She may have lied about her age, but she is right about the difficulties faced by female actors. "The pressure on them is enormous," says casting director Simone Reynolds. "There is a huge emphasis on youth, and there just isn't the same number of parts for women as there is for men. Once you hit your 30s you notice there are fewer parts. When you're in your 40s, it's really quite difficult, and as for your 50s . . ." Another casting director, Paul De Freitas, agrees. "I'd like to think age doesn't matter, but it does. You see it now when women on TV are being fired for getting older, so it doesn't encourage people to be honest. We live in an ageist society."

If an actress is 65, he says, but looks 10 years younger and auditions for a role for a younger woman, "the minute she says her real age, [directors] won't even consider her. Women in this industry are judged, not on how they look or their ability, but on a number." He says many actresses lie about their age, or simply refuse to reveal it, "because they know it restricts them".

How many celebrities lie about their age? "Only about 90% of them," says the publicist Max Clifford, with a laugh. The real ages of Catherine Zeta-Jones, Jennifer Lopez and Geri Halliwell have all been questioned. Rachel Weisz's Wikipedia entry is confused as to whether she was born in 1970 or '71. When the pop star Anastacia – who last year came out as 40 – signed to a record label, she was already an ancient 30. "They suggested I say I was 24 and I went with it," she said in one interview. "I spent 10 years lying about my age. Every interview I did I had to rethink when I was born, how old my brothers and sisters needed to be."

It isn't just women who feel the need to chip away at their hideously advancing years. In 2005, when James Blunt was unleashed on an undeserving world, he was repeatedly said to have been 28, two years younger than his true age. Two years ago, Newsweek outed Tom Anderson, the co-founder of MySpace. He had claimed to be 27 when he launched MySpace in 2003 and at the time of Newsweek's report, his MySpace profile put his age at 32, when he was really approaching 37. Did it just sound better that a hot new social networking site had been dreamed up by a twentysomething? "People achieve things so much younger now, says Reynolds, "so there is that added pressure."

Last year, writing in the Observer, the GMTV presenter Kate Garraway came clean about allowing media profiles of her to perpetuate the myth that she was a year younger – something not even her closest friends knew. "I never deliberately set out to lie about my age. It's just that, until now, I've never gone out of my way to correct the mistake. But on my 40th birthday last year what had seemed like harmless trivia stopped seeming quite so funny. A landmark in my life was passing, and I couldn't even share it with the people around me because I'd trapped myself in this silly nonsense."

It isn't just women whose fortunes depend on their looks who lie about their age. In 2004, Anne Robinson publicly questioned the age of the writer Lynda La Plante, who had claimed that week to be 57. Robinson said she had grown up with La Plante. "Yet oddly – perhaps by converting to Hollywood arithmetic – the lovely Lynda is now two years my junior."

And this is the thing about lying about your age – you will probably be found out, especially in the era of internet message boards, web comments on news stories, blogs etc. When I interviewed pop star Sinitta, who claimed to be 40, I received several emails from irate women who claimed to know she was older. Isn't it worse to be seen as vain and a liar than just plain old? "Yes, far worse," says Clifford. "I can see why they do it because in the entertainment industry anyone over 40 becomes like an OAP, so they desperately try to pinch a year here or there. But it is increasingly difficult to get away with it. The more famous you get, the greater chance of being caught out and the greater impact that will have. It's a double whammy – not only do people end up knowing your real age, you also look vain and stupid."
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

illdecide

F**King 36...but i look 26...thats why they call me the baby faced assassin ;)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

full back