Kerry V Meath AI SF Semifinal 30th August 2009

Started by comethekingdom, August 09, 2009, 03:31:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

INDIANA

Quote from: Jinxy on August 27, 2009, 03:04:44 PM
If Moyles is out we may as well not turn up.
It's no coincidence wasn't been playing when we were hammered by Cork in 2007 and Limerick in 2008.
He's the one that holds it all together.

I'd agree with that. Even if he starts he won't be fit. Hamstring injurys are the worst type to be hanging over your head going into a game. Can't see meath winning now.

Jinxy

Jesus, this was nearly at the bottom of the page.
It's an All-Ireland semi-final FFS!
If you were any use you'd be playing.

agorm

I agree with Hardy, if there is any doubt over Moyles I wouldnt start him. Bring in McGill with Harrington at full back.

Maybe keep Moyles in reserve if things are getting v bad.

Jinxy

Harrington hasn't the physical presence for full-back.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Kerry Mike

So there just the one change for us ,Kennelly in for Tommy Walsh and a return of Donaghy to the panel, I like the look of it.

Kerry team V Meath in All Ireland Semi Final 09
(1) Diarmuid Murphy (Dingle)
(2) Marc Ó Sé (An Ghaeltacht) (3) Tommy Griffin (Dingle) (4) Tom O'Sullivan (Rathmore)
(5) Tomás Ó Sé (An Ghaeltacht) (6) Mike McCarthy (Kilcummin) (7) Killian Young (Renard)
(8) Darragh Ó Sé (An Ghaeltacht) (9) Seamus Scanlon (Currow)
(10) Paul Galvin (Finuge) (11) Tadhg Kennelly (Listowel Emmett's) (12) Donnacha Walsh (Cromane)
(13) Colm Cooper (Dr. Crokes) (14) Declan O'Sullivan (Piarsaigh Na Dromada) (15) Darran O'Sullivan (Glenbeigh/Glencar) (Captain)

Subs: (16) Ger Reidy (Castleisland Desmonds)
(17) Aidan O'Mahony Aodán Ó Mathúna (Rathmore)
(18) Tommy Walsh (Kerins O'Rahilly)
(19) Bryan Sheehan Brian Ó Siocháin (St. Mary's)
(20) Micheál Quirke (Kerins O'Rahillys)
(21) Paul O'Connor (Kenmare)
(22) Padraig Reidy (Scartaglin)
(23) David Moran (Kerins O'Rahilly's)
(24) Seán O'Sullivan (Cromane)
(25) Anthony Maher (Duagh)
(26) Daniel Bohan (Austin Stacks)
(27) Aidan O'Shea (Glenbeigh/Glencar)
(28) Barry John Walsh Barra (Kerins O'Rahillys)
(29) Maurice Corridan (Finuge))
(30) Kieran Quirke (Duagh)
(31) Ronán Ó Flatharta (An Ghaeltacht)
(32) Kieran Donaghy (Austin Stacks)

Bainsteoir: Jack O'Connor (Piarsaigh Na Dromada) Traenálaí: Alan O'Sullivan (Kerins O'Rahilly's) Roghnóirí: Ger O'Keeffe (Austin Stacks) Eamon Fitzmaurice (Finuge)
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

comethekingdom

Pretty much as expected. Tadgh has played himself into a starting position. I think the big game days will suit him down to the ground. Great fire power on the bench too. Its good to see Donaghy make the panel - if the sh1t hits the fan he could be a vital player for 10 or 15 mins towards the end if its very tight.

orangeman

Strong team when Tommy Walsh, one of the best young players in Ireland can't get on the team.

Kerry by 5 points.

ardmhachaabu

I expect to see a scrappy, bad tempered affair with at least 2 men getting the line, with the odd flash of brilliance in football

Meath by 2
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

meathie

anymore news on Moyler? Thats a strong Kerry team. But we wont worry, we'll concentrate on our own. its Friday, start of the weekend and the excitement kicks in, looking forward to a great tough game.

Hardy

I hear Moyles trained full tilt last night, having sat out Tuesday night. They were worried about his hamstring, but it seems he's OK.

brokencrossbar1

I think if meath can get a good start and not let Kerry get a head of steam then they will there with 10 minutes to go and if they are within 2 points at that stage they can win it. 

timmykelleher

Why has Tommy Walsh been dropped?

I thought it was the switch of him out to centre half forward that had helped disrupt the Dubs kickouts? (I didn't see the game just heard bits and pieces) Did he not play well in that match?
Is he not a far better player than Darren O'Sullivan?

Is he injured?
Corcaigh - McGrath cup champions - 2009

botman

Meath at +4 Evens looks good value. Kerry might win alright but it won't be by much I suspect. Meath have a decent forward line and if they get up a head of steam up Kerry could find it difficult to hold them.

Heart Meath / Head Kerry

Keep them at it.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Moyles starting, from the Irish Times:

Bray and Moyles start for Meath

Kerry v Meath team news : As expected, Meath captain Stephen Bray is back in Eamonn O'Brien's side for Sunday's All-Ireland football semi-final against Kerry. Bray missed the quarter-final win over Mayo through suspension.

With that four-week ban - arising from a red card in the qualifiers - now expired Bray returns to the half forward line with Mickey Burke making way.

Despite concerns over his fitness, Anthony Moyles is named at full back for the Royals. Moyles picked up a hamstring injury earlier in the week but has had extensive physiotherapy on the problem and is deemed fit enough to start against the Kingdom.

Kerry also named their side last night with Tadhg Kennelly returning to the frontline in place of Tommy Walsh.

Kerry : D Murphy; M Ó Sé, T Griffin, T O'Sullivan; T Ó Sé, M McCarthy, K Young; D Ó Sé, S Scanlon; P Galvin, T Kennelly, D Walsh; C Cooper, Declan O'Sullivan, Darren O'Sullivan.

Meath : P O'Rourke; C O'Connor, A Moyles, E Harrington; S Kenny, C McGuinness, C King; N Crawford, B Meade; P Byrne, J Sheridan, S Bray; D Bray, B Farrell, C Ward.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Kerry Mike

QuoteWhy has Tommy Walsh been dropped?

I thought it was the switch of him out to centre half forward that had helped disrupt the Dubs kickouts? (I didn't see the game just heard bits and pieces) Did he not play well in that match?
Is he not a far better player than Darren O'Sullivan?

Is he injured?

He was taken off against the jackeens, Kennelly did well when he came on, but then even I would have played well that day if I was brought on such was the pathetic dubs display. Not injured but Kennelly deserves his chance too and a day on the bench never did anyone any harm, Walsh will be bursting now to get on..

Darren is a good option to start I think its our strongest lineout for some time
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football