John 3:7

Started by Hoof Hearted, August 06, 2009, 01:16:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armin Tamzarian

how much effort/money would it take to make up a similar sign, head to the vatican with it in tow, and make a hefty bet on with Mr Power??

Mike Sheehy

Kildare are now officially cursed. They will never win again until the sign is returned.

mylestheslasher

While I don't condone the theft of this mans sign I wish he'd keep it at home on a wall instead of ramming it down everyones throat by putting it behind the goals of every weekends biggest match. I don't lose any sleep over it but i'd prefer to see all religion left outside the door of a GAA venue (same goes for schools and politics). For me his sign is no different than the psycho bible bashers with their signage up in Ballymena telling everyone to repent or die.

Shortso79

Seems to be two signs at the match

One in the hill and one in the canal end

gerry

Maybe frank got one and kildare supporters have the other one
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

Shortso79

Frank might pay them a visit at half time or even a few guards

Donnellys Hollow

John 3:7 returned after tour of Kildare

« Previous « PreviousNext » Next »View GalleryPublished Date: 12 August 2009
By Ruth O'Brien
THE famous John 3:7 banner, which went missing from a train in Kildare, has been reunited with its owner, Frank Hogan.
Last week Mr Hogan contacted the Leinster Leader in the hope of finding his biblical banner and on Friday last it was handed in to gardai in Kildare town. The following day Mr Hogan, a Limerick resident, travelled to Kildare to pick up his sign.

ADVERTISEMENT "I was in Dublin on the Marian Finucane Show and on the way back on the train I got off in Kildare. When I got off there was no one at the station but then two gardai appeared and they had the sign in the back of the squad car," explained Mr Hogan.

The banner, synonymous with intercounty GAA games, was stolen as Mr Hogan travelled home to Limerick from the All-Ireland quarter-final meeting of Kildare and Tyrone in Croke Park, as exclusively revealed on the Leinster Leader website last Wednesday.

Mr Hogan later learnt that a group of Kildare supporters on the train were overheard planning to take the sign and he appealed for witnesses to the theft. The amount of publicity garnered from Mr Hogan's appeal was remarkable with one publican even offering to fly Mr Hogan to his pub in the Algarve, Portugal, in order to present him with a new sign.
This is an offer the Tipperary native is still considering this week providing, that is, he can work the trip around this Sunday's All-Ireland Senior Hurling Championship semi-final involving Tipperary and Limerick.

The Leader offices received a remarkable amount of calls and emails expressing interest in the story and offering possible sightings.

However, one reader contacted the Leinster Leader this week to say the famous sign had made an appearance in Top Nolan's pub in Kildare town the evening it was stolen, which was confirmed by owner Peter Gibbons.

"It (the sign] was here on the Sunday evening of the Kildare game and it took pride of place in the pub for an hour and then it went off, heading south, in a minibus," said Mr Gibbons.

The biblical banner was also spotted in Kildangan before being handed over to the gardai on Friday last.

Mr Hogan, a man of great faith, admitted that he is delighted to be reunited with his sign, which was back in its usual spot in Croke Park last Sunday.

http://www.leinsterleader.ie/news/John-37-returned-after-tour.5546028.jp

All's well that ends well I suppose!
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

High Wide and Handsome

I think someone needs to, "TALK TO FRANK!"  ;D
"Swing er over!"

Mayo4Sam

There was an ad on the Sindo for the man with the sign from a pub in portugal saying they had made him up another and would pay to bring him out to collect it
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Farrandeelin

Was his the one in the Canal End on Sunday?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

mylestheslasher

Good to see that we have no Garda resource issues in Leinster when two guards can be spared to deliver a fu*king sign to some lad, they even were able to meet him of the train. Some divil stole my flag in casement back in 99, I wonder will I get onto the radio about that? Maybe the gardai will re-open the case and hunt it down for me.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on August 12, 2009, 10:33:01 PM
There was an ad on the Sindo for the man with the sign from a pub in portugal saying they had made him up another and would pay to bring him out to collect it

ye i saw that mayo4sam was thinking of ringing them up heading out for a week or 2  and collect me auld sign i really did miss it  ;)
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Mayo4Sam

That figures, u get all sorts of loopers when u go west of ardagh, must be the fresh air, that or the fumes from bellacorrick have left lasting damage!
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

pintsofguinness

Quote from: mylestheslasher on August 13, 2009, 09:34:42 AM
Good to see that we have no Garda resource issues in Leinster when two guards can be spared to deliver a f**king sign to some lad, they even were able to meet him of the train. Some divil stole my flag in casement back in 99, I wonder will I get onto the radio about that? Maybe the gardai will re-open the case and hunt it down for me.
:D

That's very true!
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on August 13, 2009, 12:37:26 PM
That figures, u get all sorts of loopers when u go west of ardagh, must be the fresh air, that or the fumes from bellacorrick have left lasting damage!

:D :D i'd say more east of ardagh myself M4sam  ;)
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001