John 3:7

Started by Hoof Hearted, August 06, 2009, 01:16:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoof Hearted

Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

full back

Should be handy enough to get another made if he doesnt get it back

stephenite

Hope he gets it back - whilst not religious myself the depth of this particular mans faith has always struck me as something......

I don't know, it's just always struck me

Doogie Browser

Got my picture taken with Frank and the iconic sign after last years final on the pitch, he was very obliging despite everyone wanting their picture taken.  Bit of a low act stealing it to be honest, probably a few lads liquored up and done if for a laugh, should get it back ok or another one made.

Maybe he could get sponsorship labels on it?

'John 3:7 is brought to you in association with Rocwell - Holy Water from the mountains of Pomeroy'

thebandit

I have an 'Oisin 2:7' one if he's stuck

Mayo4Sam

Are those odds or scores bandit? Sorry couldn't resist
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

thebandit

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on August 06, 2009, 03:58:46 PM
Are those odds or scores bandit? Sorry couldn't resist

Score v Down in the 1999 ulster final wiseguy  ;)

ziggysego

A low act by whoever it was. Hopefully they'll find it upon themselves to return it to Frank.
Testing Accessibility

ross4life

yeah i missed him on Monday at the Dubs v Kerry game he's hardly a FANATIC he's doesn't no who playing half the time, much like that Mayo guy that dresses up like St patrick  ;)
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Donnellys Hollow

Surely if it was taken off the train in Kildare town then the CCTV at the station could confirm whether this was the case. If the culprits got into a car in the car park of the station then a camera could pick up the reg no.

According to the lads on AFR the man must have a supply of these signs because a bunch of Clare fans threw his sign out the window of a train once!
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

pintsofguinness

I appreciate the significance of it and I hope he gets it back, but really, have the guards nothing else to do but to be looking for someone's sign?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

ziggysego

So when's a crime not a crime?
Testing Accessibility

pintsofguinness

Quote from: ziggysego on August 06, 2009, 04:54:14 PM
So when's a crime not a crime?
Crime's need to be prioritised. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Zapatista

Quote from: pintsofguinness on August 06, 2009, 04:41:28 PM
I appreciate the significance of it and I hope he gets it back, but really, have the guards nothing else to do but to be looking for someone's sign?

It would be great for Gardai PR if they safely returned it to him.

Donnellys Hollow

John 3:7 banner allegedly stolen by Kildare supporters

« Previous « PreviousNext » Next »View GalleryPublished Date:
05 August 2009
By RUTH O'BRIEN
THE John 3:7 banner, synonymous with GAA games, has been stolen. Owned by Tipperary native Frank Hogan, the banner was stolen last Sunday evening, allegedly by Kildare fans on the train on the way back from the All Ireland quarter final in Croke Park.
Mr Hogan contacted the Leinster Leader today (Wednesday) to appeal to the public to come forward if they have details on the whereabouts of the missing banner.

"It's only later that I was told Kildare fans were joking about taking the banner, whiADVERTISEMENT ch I put between carriages for the journey home," explained Mr Hogan.

Gardai in Kildare Town are appealing for witnesses to the theft after CCTV footage proved inconclusive.

"There has been no sign of the sign since," said a spokesperson for Kildare Town Garda Station.

This incident is not the first time the banner has been targeted. A number of years ago a group of supporters threw the banner from the window of a train

Mr Hogan, who lives in Limerick, first displayed the John 3:7 banner at a hurling game in Croke Park and he is frequently spotted cris-crossing the country on trains, buses and in cars with the sign in tow.
A man with great faith, Frank carries the sign as a result and he is deeply hurt that his famous banner has been stolen.

If you have any information about the whereabouts of the John 3:7 banner please contact Gardai in Kildare on 045-521222 or Ruth O'Brien in the Leinster Leader on 045-849200 or via email ruth.obrien@leinsterleader.ie.

Bookmarkers Paddy Power have offered to sponsor a new John 3:7 banner to Mr Hogan. Not only are they offering to sponsor a new sign but they are also offering betting on where Frank's banner turns up. It's 5/4 that it shows up at Croke Park on Sunday, 6/4 it arrives at Kildare Garda station and 20/1 it lands beside the holy tree stump in Rathkeale. The odds on the sign making a front row appearance at next years Oxegen music festival in Punchestown is 33/1 while it's an unlikely 250/1 that it travels all the way to The Vatican.

"A match in Croker just wouldn't be the same without the John 3:7 sign behind the goal on Hill 16 and we're more than happy to pitch in and help Frank produce a new sign in time for throw in on Sunday," said Paddy Power Spokesperson Sharon McHugh.

The full article contains 429 words and appears in Leinster Leader newspaper.Page 1 of 1

Last Updated: 06 August 2009 2:59 PM
Source: Leinster Leader

http://www.leinsterleader.ie/news/John-37-banner-allegedly-stolen.5525698.jp

Paddy Power are quick off the mark as always!
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?