Ciaran McDonald back in Mayo squad

Started by SidelineKick, August 05, 2009, 12:37:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DandyMan

Mayo will beat Meath with or without our friend. I love the way they play football - natural and free-flowing. However when the pressure games arrive (cc Kerry etc.), they lack the balls and the wherewithal ttp get stuck in and win. I would like to see McGeeney manage them.

Donegal Danny

On a different topic but very much related to Mayo football. Enjoying the holiday in Italy at the minute but really enjoying Keith Duggan's book "House of Pain" about Mayo football since their All -Ireland win of 1950 and 1951. A really great book but some very sad stories as well. I have always had a great affection for Mayo football since my days of boarding school in Tuam and the build up to the final of 1989.

peterquaife

Quote from: INDIANA on August 05, 2009, 01:49:41 PM
Quote from: AbbeySider on August 05, 2009, 01:45:35 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on August 05, 2009, 01:41:34 PM
Rarely has such an average player had such ideas about the merits of its own talents. The fact that Newstalk and TV3 use him as a pundit says a lot for both institutions.

Your comments about him are more of a reflection of what you know about football.

With all due respects mate- what exactly do you know about football? Jesus some of us have high opinions of ourselves. Thats my view on David Brady - as part of a democratic society its my opinion. If you don't like it don't read it. Thats a simple answer isn't it.
Fed up reading about him being dropped for the -all-ireland  final- he was bitter etc etc - as if he was the first player in the history of the game to be dropped. Wasn't good enough -end of.
I mighn't like most of the other pundits- but I'd have some levekl of respect for them- I have none for him.

The Brogans, Elbows Whelan, Cullen, not good enough - end of.

Tool