Kerrys 9 subs on monday ........

Started by revsperminute, August 05, 2009, 10:23:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ross4life

Quote from: INDIANA on August 05, 2009, 06:44:22 PM
Another game won in the boardroom? I was at the game. It was a fine game but kerry were clearly the better team and would win any replay.

you think? even the most hardcore kerry fan at mondays game knows Roscommon at least deserved a Draw, we fought back twice & by the time 60mins was up they had given there all, so many roscommon players were flat out

we would have be beaten in 2006 Final also if it went to extra time ;)  Final score was 3-15 (18 scores) to 1-17 (18 scores) & all Kerry goals came from bad mistakes we also kicked 15 wides to kerrys 7
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

ross matt

Still though Ross whatever about a replay it would'nt be right if the match was awarded to us. Genuine error that hardly influenced the result... what you think?

ross4life

Quote from: ross matt on August 05, 2009, 07:03:22 PM
Still though Ross whatever about a replay it would'nt be right if the match was awarded to us. Genuine error that hardly influenced the result... what you think?

Rules are rules at the end of the day a replay would be the fair thing to do but the rules says match much be awarded to us!

12pm tomorrow is the deadline we'll wait & see  ;)

P.S it's now national news as was on Drivetime sport &  2FM News
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Cosmo Kramer

Lads don't go down this road would be my tuppence worth. Even Sligonian will probably admit that Sligo didn't come out with any credit when they started at this crack a few years ago. They lost a lot of the feel good factor that surrounded their qualifier runs at the time in the eyes of many neutrals. And it was all for a league game. Didn't stop them going down to Division 4 eventually anyway.

This is similar, I can't see the point to it, unless you can magic up a few decent scoring forwards in the next couple of weeks you won't win the All-Ireland anyway. And you won't get any credit off anyone if you appeal the result.

For what it's worth, the lad Sherwood came off at 60 mins and went back on at 70, so Kerry will probably be able to pass that off as a blood sub easy enough regardless of whether it was one or not.
A few Mayo GAA videos if anyone is interested - www.youtube.com/CosmoKramer100

ross4life

Quote from: Cosmo Kramer on August 05, 2009, 07:38:31 PM
Lads don't go down this road would be my tuppence worth. Even Sligonian will probably admit that Sligo didn't come out with any credit when they started at this crack a few years ago. They lost a lot of the feel good factor that surrounded their qualifier runs at the time in the eyes of many neutrals. And it was all for a league game. Didn't stop them going down to Division 4 eventually anyway.

This is similar, I can't see the point to it, unless you can magic up a few decent scoring forwards in the next couple of weeks you won't win the All-Ireland anyway. And you won't get any credit off anyone if you appeal the result.

For what it's worth, the lad Sherwood came off at 60 mins and went back on at 70, so Kerry will probably be able to pass that off as a blood sub easy enough regardless of whether it was one or not.

i think you losing the point (what are rules for) even if we were to get a replay & get hammered, it's doesn't matter!

this is about one of the Smaller counties standing up for themselves & showing WE are just as important as CORK, KERRY & DUBLIN

INDIANA

Quote from: ross4life on August 05, 2009, 07:30:54 PM
Quote from: ross matt on August 05, 2009, 07:03:22 PM

Rules are rules at the end of the day a replay would be the fair thing to do but the rules says match much be awarded to us!

12pm tomorrow is the deadline we'll wait & see  ;)

P.S it's now national news as was on Drivetime sport &  2FM News

Completely facile victory then so. You lost the game on the pitch- accept it and move on. Because nobody will give you any credit for being successful if you went on to win it. Why would any player want to win something that was tarnished.

ross4life

Completely facile victory then so. You lost the game on the pitch- accept it and move on. Because nobody will give you any credit for being successful if you went on to win it. Why would any player want to win something that was tarnished.
[/quote]

so let the bigger teams break the rules is what your saying? 1989  minor Replay ordered after - disputed Shane Curran penalty goal in first game, 1949 minor title awarded to Sligo after an objection, 1951 title awarded to Roscommon after an objection, 1946 Objection in senior final by mayo but still lose replay to roscommon........... should i go on????

Donnellys Hollow

Agreed. Kildare fell foul of Sligo twice a few years ago at this sort of crap. Once was for 6 subs in an opening day league match in Newbridge (might have been the first day of the blood sub rule so hence the confusion) and once for some sort of technicality over a teamsheet. We were relegated because of it on one of the occasions and it left a very bitter after taste. KCB then disgraced themselves by trying to get some sort of retribution for it after a Leinster championship defeat to Offaly in '06. Offaly had humbled us fairly and squarely on the field and Croke Park rightly threw out our appeal.

Matches are won and lost on the field and not in the boardroom. Kerry county board or whoever was responsible for this mistake should get a rap on the knuckles and that should be the end of it. If Roscommon were to secure a replay and they went on to win the All-Ireland would you not feel it was tainted somewhat??
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

DCR

Quote from: SidelineKick on August 05, 2009, 06:32:32 PM
Quote from: DCR on August 05, 2009, 06:22:30 PM
Quote from: SouthDerryGael on August 05, 2009, 03:28:22 PM
In 07 Tyrone minors kicked a 'point' that was about a foot wide and it was signaled a point by the umpires they ended up winning the game by a point,  the appeal for a Derry replay was rejected and Tyrone won the tainted trophy. This wasn't knock-out so it isn't entirely the same but I imagine nothing will be done.
It could well have been 6 feet wide - and look how well (London)Derry have done compared to Tyrone since then. They were definitely hard done by. ??? ::)

What does that comment even mean? Did you even read the comment you were responding to?
Think you should ask SDG (or is it SDC)

Rossfan

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on August 05, 2009, 08:50:56 PM
. If Roscommon were to secure a replay and they went on to win the All-Ireland would you not feel it was tainted somewhat??

No I wouldnt as Kerry broke the Rules and there should be some sanction.
Anyway that team of ours won't win any All Ireland as our forwards arent good enough or well prepared/drilled enough.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Cosmo Kramer

Quote from: ross4life on August 05, 2009, 07:46:48 PM

i think you losing the point (what are rules for) even if we were to get a replay & get hammered, it's doesn't matter!

this is about one of the Smaller counties standing up for themselves & showing WE are just as important as CORK, KERRY & DUBLIN

Well, I wasn't at the game and it wasn't on tv, so I can only comment based on the facts as they were reported. The scoreline (3-15 to 1-17 aet.) represents a clear 4 point win for Kerry in the end. Some of those subs were made quite late on. I just can't believe that the last sub that went on made the difference between a 4 point win for Kerry and a draw or defeat.

So I don't think it is fair to appeal and I don't see you getting support from the average GAA fan. To you it may look like a small county trying to stand up for itself, but to me it looks like a team failing to take a defeat on the chin. Ros are no more or less important than any other team, but I don't believe that had it been the other way around, Kerry would do anything other than shake your hands and accept their beating.

You mention games being decided by objections etc. back in the day. That was generally accepted as a scourge of the game at the time. HQ got tougher, started throwing out objections and over time county boards learnt to get on with it.

blackhouse

surely if kerry went on to win it then it would be tarnished ey?

neilthemac

Quote from: Cosmo Kramer on August 05, 2009, 09:41:29 PM

Well, I wasn't at the game and it wasn't on tv, so I can only comment based on the facts as they were reported. The scoreline (3-15 to 1-17 aet.) represents a clear 4 point win for Kerry in the end. Some of those subs were made quite late on. I just can't believe that the last sub that went on made the difference between a 4 point win for Kerry and a draw or defeat.

So I don't think it is fair to appeal and I don't see you getting support from the average GAA fan. To you it may look like a small county trying to stand up for itself, but to me it looks like a team failing to take a defeat on the chin. Ros are no more or less important than any other team, but I don't believe that had it been the other way around, Kerry would do anything other than shake your hands and accept their beating.

You mention games being decided by objections etc. back in the day. That was generally accepted as a scourge of the game at the time. HQ got tougher, started throwing out objections and over time county boards learnt to get on with it.

in fairness. having another fresh player on the field near the end of extra time can make a huge difference as they are able to outrun anyone else. and the sub in question scored a goal!

Cosmo Kramer

Quote from: neilthemac on August 05, 2009, 09:46:53 PM
Quote from: Cosmo Kramer on August 05, 2009, 09:41:29 PM

in fairness. having another fresh player on the field near the end of extra time can make a huge difference as they are able to outrun anyone else. and the sub in question scored a goal!

It wasn't the last sub on that scored the goal, it was a guy who came on back in normal time. The last one came back on at 78 mins (he had been playing earlier) and played the last two minutes at the end (extra time was 10 mins a side I presume). No way could that have been a 4 point difference, not a chance.

Tatler Jack

Don't think we should object and it should not be up to us. Croke Park should consider the refs report, see if there was any breach of rules and then apply whatever penaty is appropriate.  There should be no question of CP waiting for an "objection" from Roscommon before clarifying the position.