Kerrys 9 subs on monday ........

Started by revsperminute, August 05, 2009, 10:23:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

irunthev

Quote from: Doohicky on August 05, 2009, 01:12:57 PM
Even if Kerry did use too many subs nothing will happen.

Sure Dublin played with an extra man in the '95 final for a fair old time and there was nothing done about it. This is no worse than that.

Yeah but he was entitled to be on the field...... he was the ref

Fear ón Srath Bán

Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

blackhouse

i'm hearing from people that apparantley croke park will throw kerry out altogether rather than have a replay...? :D

An Gaeilgoir

Quote from: blackhouse on August 05, 2009, 03:38:06 PM
i'm hearing from people that apparantley croke park will throw kerry out altogether rather than have a replay...? :D

Apparently you cant spell!

ross matt

Hmmm.... we might be entitled to replay but not sure I'd like to get one under these circumstances. Up to the powers that be to call it rather than the onus being on ross to appeal.

blackhouse

Quote from: An Gaeilgoir on August 05, 2009, 03:39:54 PM
Quote from: blackhouse on August 05, 2009, 03:38:06 PM

Apparently you cant spell!

So who cares?

Texting has ruined my diction. I do try to make an effort to spell properly most of the time...

ross4life

Roscommon County Board To Review All Ireland Minor Football Quarter Final!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://shannonside.ie/sports-details.php?nid=573

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

neilthemac

did the last Kerry sub not score the decisive goal?

ross4life

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

ExiledGael

Donaghy wasn't named in the Kerry panel in the programme on Monday.

paddypastit

Quote from: revsperminute on August 05, 2009, 10:23:36 AM
Below is the Kerry panel, scorers and subs (plus times they came on) that were used on monday in the minor quarter final agaiinst Roscommon. This was printed the same in all the national papers yesterday that reported on the game. It is clear to see that Kerry used 9 subs durning the course of the game and extra time. The rules state that a team may use 5 subs in normal time and 3 subs in extra time. Kerry either used 5 in normal and 4 in extra time or 6 in normal and 3 in extra time.

Whats going to happen with this. With the impact that some of the subs had durning the game and especially in extra time will the GAA push this under the carpet because its a big county like Kerry thats involved?

Kerry - P O'Sullivan; M Galvin, P Galvin, N Fitzgerald; G Gibson (0-1), J Coffey, D Wren; S Carroll (0-1), M Brennan; D Kelly (0-1), J Sherwood, D O'Sullivan (0-2); M Reen (1-1), N O'Shea (1-1, 1pen), E O'Connor (0-4, 2f). Subs - M Griffin for Wren (35), J O'Sullivan (0-1) for Kelly (39), I Galvin (0-1) for Reen (49), K Hurley (1-1) for O'Connor (54), M Thiemann for O'Sullivan (57), P Joy (0-1) for Sherwood (60), J Walsh for Brennan (68), J Sherwood for Griffin (70), E O'Connor for O'Shea (78).

Looking at that Kerry used 23 players in the game with J Sherwood being replaced (by P Joy) in the 60th minute and then replacing M Griffin on 70 minutes. There appear to have been five subs in normal time - Griffin, O'Sullivan, Galvin, Hurley and Thiemann.  Sherwood was either blood substituted by Joy on the stroke of full time and then he replaced the first sub Griffin when he returned, or he was withdrawn at the beginning of extra time and then reappeared 10 minutes later.

Bottom line, Kerry did not use more players than was allowed but did make a number of substitutions that would need to be explained.

Alos the first post showed that the guy who scored the 1-1 was the fourth of five subs introduced in normal time
come disagree with me on http://gushtystuppencehapenny.wordpress.com/ and spread the word

ross4life

Quote from: paddypastit on August 05, 2009, 05:33:18 PM
Quote from: revsperminute on August 05, 2009, 10:23:36 AM
Below is the Kerry panel, scorers and subs (plus times they came on) that were used on monday in the minor quarter final agaiinst Roscommon. This was printed the same in all the national papers yesterday that reported on the game. It is clear to see that Kerry used 9 subs durning the course of the game and extra time. The rules state that a team may use 5 subs in normal time and 3 subs in extra time. Kerry either used 5 in normal and 4 in extra time or 6 in normal and 3 in extra time.

Whats going to happen with this. With the impact that some of the subs had durning the game and especially in extra time will the GAA push this under the carpet because its a big county like Kerry thats involved?

Kerry - P O'Sullivan; M Galvin, P Galvin, N Fitzgerald; G Gibson (0-1), J Coffey, D Wren; S Carroll (0-1), M Brennan; D Kelly (0-1), J Sherwood, D O'Sullivan (0-2); M Reen (1-1), N O'Shea (1-1, 1pen), E O'Connor (0-4, 2f). Subs - M Griffin for Wren (35), J O'Sullivan (0-1) for Kelly (39), I Galvin (0-1) for Reen (49), K Hurley (1-1) for O'Connor (54), M Thiemann for O'Sullivan (57), P Joy (0-1) for Sherwood (60), J Walsh for Brennan (68), J Sherwood for Griffin (70), E O'Connor for O'Shea (78).

Looking at that Kerry used 23 players in the game with J Sherwood being replaced (by P Joy) in the 60th minute and then replacing M Griffin on 70 minutes. There appear to have been five subs in normal time - Griffin, O'Sullivan, Galvin, Hurley and Thiemann.  Sherwood was either blood substituted by Joy on the stroke of full time and then he replaced the first sub Griffin when he returned, or he was withdrawn at the beginning of extra time and then reappeared 10 minutes later.

Bottom line, Kerry did not use more players than was allowed but did make a number of substitutions that would need to be explained.

Alos the first post showed that the guy who scored the 1-1 was the fourth of five subs introduced in normal time

bottom line is you know kerry broke the rules, & you also know nothing will be done because it's kerry ;)

DCR

Quote from: SouthDerryGael on August 05, 2009, 03:28:22 PM
In 07 Tyrone minors kicked a 'point' that was about a foot wide and it was signaled a point by the umpires they ended up winning the game by a point,  the appeal for a Derry replay was rejected and Tyrone won the tainted trophy. This wasn't knock-out so it isn't entirely the same but I imagine nothing will be done.
It could well have been 6 feet wide - and look how well (London)Derry have done compared to Tyrone since then. They were definitely hard done by. ??? ::)

SidelineKick

Quote from: DCR on August 05, 2009, 06:22:30 PM
Quote from: SouthDerryGael on August 05, 2009, 03:28:22 PM
In 07 Tyrone minors kicked a 'point' that was about a foot wide and it was signaled a point by the umpires they ended up winning the game by a point,  the appeal for a Derry replay was rejected and Tyrone won the tainted trophy. This wasn't knock-out so it isn't entirely the same but I imagine nothing will be done.
It could well have been 6 feet wide - and look how well (London)Derry have done compared to Tyrone since then. They were definitely hard done by. ??? ::)

What does that comment even mean? Did you even read the comment you were responding to?
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

INDIANA

Another game won in the boardroom? I was at the game. It was a fine game but kerry were clearly the better team and would win any replay.