Darragh Ó Sé - 81 championship games !

Started by comethekingdom, August 03, 2009, 11:29:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

comethekingdom

There's a thread on Ciaran Whelan and all the unsavouries that go with him. What about the great Dara and his service to the Kingdom over the years? Granted he has got a couple of red cards himself but his contributions to Kerry football have been immense. He has given majestical performances in midfield, pulled balls from the sky preventing them going over the crossbar for points for opposition teams. He may not have the legs for a full 70 mins but still a great workhorse for the Kingdom.

orangeman

I thought he bossed Croke Park today - he's the master - always has been. Hard man and a footballing great. Those 3 brothers were incredible today and not for the first time won a game for Kerry.

Legend.

Donnellys Hollow

Absolute horse of a man. That Keating lad from Limerick must still be having nightmares about those three balls Darragh plucked from the sky in the Gaelic Grounds.

Being pedantic here but I believe it is Darragh Ó Sé and not Dara O'Sé. We might as well address the man by his proper title!
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

comethekingdom

Amended now. Put the fada on the O as well !

blanketattack

I'm not so sure about those point saving catches. At least 2 seemed to be dropping short. Probably goal saving catches though. One might have been going over alright.

dundrumite

Quote from: orangeman on August 03, 2009, 11:31:56 PM
I thought he bossed Croke Park today - he's the master - always has been. Hard man and a footballing great. Those 3 brothers were incredible today and not for the first time won a game for Kerry.

Legend.

Indeed he was immense but think there was a lot more to that victory than the three brothers.....
Kerry sure made Paddy Heaney eat his words "There is a nationwide inability to dismiss Kerry.... There are many insist write Kerry off at your peril. What a cautious load of drivel"  ::)  Looking forward to his article tomorrow

comethekingdom

I bet he's flat out scratching his head trying to write something that makes sense without apologising that he has got it all wrong and has made a pillock of himself!

longrunsthefox

Quote from: comethekingdom on August 04, 2009, 12:04:24 AM
I bet he's flat out scratching his head trying to write something that makes sense without apologising that he has got it all wrong and has made a pillock of himself!
He did the same before the 2005 and 2008 finals, totally wrong ... eejit  :P

Mid Down Gael

Darragh is a true legend off gaelic football. This is a bold statement, but in my view he is the greatest midfielder off all time. 79 games, i dont think Jacko or Mick OConnell would have played that many between them. Unreal performer and his performances at 34 are superb. How he has the motivation with 5 all irelands and a bag full off leagues, munsters and all stars is incredible. Darragh deserves legendary status.

RMDrive

I h ad a Kerry man tell me before that it's Daire, not Darragh and that Darragh is the incorrect "Ulster" was of spelling that name!  ???

RedandGreenSniper

I can't say Ó Se is the best midfielder ever because I'm not old enough to remember the likes of Jack O'Shea, Mick O'Connell etc. What I will say is that he is with Peter Canavan as one of the two best players of the current generation. An immense contributor to Kerry's success. This year I really thought he was gone. Shows what I know! Some man, a colassus
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

mick999

Quote from: comethekingdom on August 04, 2009, 12:04:24 AM

No apologies from Paddy ... This is what he wrote today :

- Those readers and acquaintances who are calling for me to apologise for my obituary on Kerry football last week will have to wait.

I'm sticking by my comments. I never said the Dubs would beat Kerry. (Everybody beats the Dubs.)

But I did state that Kerry would get beaten in Croke Park this summer. Until such times as I'm proved wrong, no humble pie will be eaten.

tonesfirstandlast

Quote from: SouthDerryGael on August 03, 2009, 11:36:53 PM
Dara is brave and dirty as well though.

Have some respect. I know you are an expert on dirt, coming from Lavey.

ross matt

As a matter of interest do Kerry supporters now see Darragh as having surpassed Jacko? saw Jacko in his prime and thought he was the greatest ever. Thought his greater mobility would put him ahead of Darragh as a player. Could easily see Jacko dominating in the current game becuase he has the physique and engine required. What do ye think?

blanketattack

I can't see Jacko being surpassed. He won player of the year four times and was probably in the top 3 players of the year six times.
Since Jacko last won player of the year award in '85 no player has won player of the year more than once, although a few Tyrone and Kerry players could do it this year.