Ard Mhacha U18 v Ciarraí U18, Páirc an Chrócaigh, Domhnach, 23ú Lúnasa

Started by PatDaly, August 03, 2009, 09:20:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PatDaly

Can Armagh get revenge for the 1994 defeat by Kerry? Its hard to believe Kerry haven't won an All-Ireland minor since 1994.

johnpower

Quote from: PatDaly on August 03, 2009, 09:20:40 PM
Can Armagh get revenge for the 1994 defeat by Kerry? Its hard to believe Kerry haven't won an All-Ireland minor since 1994.

Has any one the Armagh team froom 94?

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: johnpower on August 08, 2009, 11:11:56 PM
Quote from: PatDaly on August 03, 2009, 09:20:40 PM

Has any one the Armagh team froom 94?

Mark Campbell (Silverbridge)

Sean O'Hare (St Pat's)
Aidan O'Rourke (Dromintee)
Enda McNulty (Mullaghbán)

Kevin O'Reilly (Cruppen)
John McEntee (Cross)
Ronan Hart (Ógs)

Barry Duffy (Killeavy)
Conor Coleman (Wolfe Tones)

Paud Dynes (Harps)
Tony McEntee (Cross)
Kieran Rafferty (Maghery)

Paul O'Hagan (Clan na Gael)
David Wilson (St Peter's)
Gary Donnelly (Ballymacnab)

Some familar names. Is Paul O'Hagan a relation of Barry's?

Seen on orchard county there that Peter Carragher was taken off injured in the minor championship tongiht. Would be a big blow if he wasn't fit for the semi-final.

As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

David McKeown

Not sure TAC but didn't David Wilsons brother win an AI u21 medal as a keeper?  If so I always thought him a great keeper and was surprised he didn't cement a regular place in the senior team
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Shortso79

Might go down for this one - will it be hard to get tickets ?

Also are the minor semi's normally televised ?

comethekingdom

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: comethekingdom on August 09, 2009, 03:09:43 PM
Should this not be played on the 30th with the senior game?

I think the minor semi-finals are the same structure as the seniors - Leinster v Connacht & Munster v Ulster. Cork (Munster Champs) v Tyrone (Ulster Champs) will therefore be played after Kerry (Munster minor champs) v Armagh (Ulster minor champs). Funnily enough now in the senior, Kerry are the Leinster representatives after beating the Leinster champions and Meath are the Connacht representatives after beating the Connacht champions!

This Armagh team impressed me up in Cavan against our own minors. Some of the football they played in the first half was sensational but they let us back into us in the second half and had we not kicked several bad wides before the unfortunate own goal at the end, we might have sneaked it. I don't think this is the best Kerry minor team ever to grace Croke Park after watching them against the Roscommon. A good solid team but no real superstars. Plenty of lads on there from the Coláiste na Sceilige team but I was surprised there was no representatives from the west on the panel - West Kerry teams having dominated the minor championship for the last few years. Heard they were beaten by St. Kieran's during the week in this year's renewal though.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

PatDaly

Never ever underestimate a Kerry team as Dublin found out to their cost on bank holiday Monday. Armagh will be doing great to win this one, even a mediocre Kerry team is a great team in the other 31 counties.

stew

Quote from: PatDaly on August 10, 2009, 03:25:47 AM
Never ever underestimate a Kerry team as Dublin found out to their cost on bank holiday Monday. Armagh will be doing great to win this one, even a mediocre Kerry team is a great team in the other 31 counties.

Bollocks.

A mediocre team is a mediocre team no matter the county. No mediocre team has ever won an AI at any level and Armagh will be well fit for Kerry. Time will tell.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

corn02

Quote from: stew on August 10, 2009, 04:48:07 PM

Bollocks.

A mediocre team is a mediocre team no matter the county. No mediocre team has ever won an AI at any level and Armagh will be well fit for Kerry. Time will tell.

I think he means that n Kerry there have been a higher proportion of Excellent teams than any other county. A mediocre team compared to fellow county teams in the Kingdom will still be of a very high standard.

For example in Armagh we can remember a few minor teams as being superb, but in Kerry you can multiply it by 10. You know what he means anyway.

Anyway having seen Kerry play, they would probably suit us. They are a diminutive side and seeing as we appear quite weak in the spine of defence, this will help.

Their defenders are nippy and the Galvin twins like to break forward continually. The high ball on top of McVery may be the best option.

stew

Quote from: corn02 on August 10, 2009, 05:03:44 PM

Bollocks.

I think he means that n Kerry there have been a higher proportion of Excellent teams than any other county. A mediocre team compared to fellow county teams in the Kingdom will still be of a very high standard.

For example in Armagh we can remember a few minor teams as being superb, but in Kerry you can multiply it by 10. You know what he means anyway.

Anyway having seen Kerry play, they would probably suit us. They are a diminutive side and seeing as we appear quite weak in the spine of defence, this will help.

Their defenders are nippy and the Galvin twins like to break forward continually. The high ball on top of McVery may be the best option.

To have a weak FB and CHB and still be in the championship speaks volumes for this Armagh side however they will need to stop leaking goals and they will need to prepare for a full frontal onslaught as Kerry will attack them down the gut to exploit the aforementioned weakness.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

corn02

Quote from: stew on August 10, 2009, 06:14:53 PM
Quote from: corn02 on August 10, 2009, 05:03:44 PM

Bollocks.

To have a weak FB and CHB and still be in the championship speaks volumes for this Armagh side however they will need to stop leaking goals and they will need to prepare for a full frontal onslaught as Kerry will attack them down the gut to exploit the aforementioned weakness.

Will you be down Stew?

Great to see them out in Croke Park.

Before the Donegal All-ireland the amount of orange flags in the parade was savage, the biggest minor support I can remember at a final, hopefully we get the chance to out-do it.

armaghniac

QuoteWill you be down Stew?

Should the be over, perhaps?

The 1992 final involved Dublin, making tickets hard to get. If we manage to beat Kerry it should be possible to get a ticket, Kerry and Tyrone are used enough to Croke Pk for a panic not to emerge and Cork footballers have not been well supported. Meath might draw a crowd.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

corn02

Quote from: armaghniac on August 10, 2009, 06:43:18 PM
QuoteWill you be down Stew?

Should the be over, perhaps?

The 1992 final involved Dublin, making tickets hard to get. If we manage to beat Kerry it should be possible to get a ticket, Kerry and Tyrone are used enough to Croke Pk for a panic not to emerge and Cork footballers have not been well supported. Meath might draw a crowd.

???

armaghniac

QuoteShould the be over, perhaps?

Stew gives his location as Wisconsin, but perhaps he is now back in Armagh.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B