2009 All-Ireland Football Final, Kerry V Tyrone/Cork

Started by Son_of_Sam, August 03, 2009, 04:06:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Son_of_Sam

So who will be lifting Sam lads, Kerry, Tyrone or Cork?

nrico2006

I wouldn't write off Mayo or Meath yet.  Although realistically I can't see Meath challenging.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Yes I Would

Schkite

:D Premature or what! Although to be fair I'd agree, can't see Mayo or Meath making the final. Wouldn't mind being proven wrong but really can't see it.

longball

Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

Son_of_Sam

Quote from: Schkite on August 03, 2009, 04:34:42 PM
:D Premature or what! Although to be fair I'd agree, can't see Mayo or Meath making the final. Wouldn't mind being proven wrong but really can't see it.

How can it be premature? Sure Mayo & Meath might as well not bother get out of bed  ;)

Sure its only there to give the poor lads from Mayo & Meath a go in Croke Park.

clarshack

mayo should win by 6 or 7 points against meath but realistically can mayo even compete with kerry mentally after the 2 hidings dished out in recent ai finals.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: clarshack on August 04, 2009, 11:45:44 AM
... but realistically can mayo even compete with kerry mentally after the 2 hidings dished out in recent ai finals.

With Johnno at the helm, I believe they can.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

kevmy

Can Mayo defeat Kerry? Maybe not. Can they compete against Kerry? I firmly believe so.

Looking back on both final defeats I always felt 04 we were a worse team than 06. We got a good start and totally let it slip and offered no resistance.

In 06 we ignored the warning signs and persevered with Heaney at FB and Jimmy Nallen at CB, also Mac was carrying an injury - he had to play but wasn't at full power. Great servants both but they had been exploited by Kerry in 04. We were blitzed from the start but when DB came on and Heaney went to centre back we improved a bit. We were only 6 down at ht. We had 3 chances in the 1st 5 mins of the 2nd half and missed them all. If a couple of them had gone over we may have made a game of it. 

I don't think Johnno would let Kerry get the start they did on us that year or they did on the Dubs yesterday.

An Gaeilgoir

Its great to see allthe optimisim around the place, but lets wait until Sunday evening next for this discussion, these threads have a habit for coming backt ot haunt.........especially us Mayo lads. Let's get over Meath first.

Eastern_Pride

I still think mayo should win this...they choke in finals but come good in the semis. I have €40 on mayo for the AI
Do you think Usain Bolt could replace Thomas Walsh?

stew

You cannot rule anyone out at this stage and I doubt Meath will care that some of you think they have no chance, all they need to do is to get hot for two games and they can certainly do that, they are there on merit and will take some stopping.

I can see Cork beating Tyrone, I think they are the best team in the Country with Tyrone a close second, that said, you never know.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Son_of_Sam

Quote from: An Gaeilgoir on August 04, 2009, 02:14:21 PM
Its great to see allthe optimisim around the place, but lets wait until Sunday evening next for this discussion, these threads have a habit for coming backt ot haunt.........especially us Mayo lads. Let's get over Meath first.

This thread has no refrence to the minnows of Mayo & Meath who are there to make up the numbers, sure if Colm O'Rourke says it, it must be true. Sure has anyone ever heard of a Meath team showing determination, resolve & the ability to fight back against the odds, or a Mayo team that suprises people by accomplishing great victories and striking from the long grass, neither of these things ever happen do they. Mayo & Meath who are they?  ;)