AISF Aug 23rd Tyrone v Cork

Started by cadhlancian, August 02, 2009, 07:11:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

You're just like Spillane Tony, a very sad bitter little man.
Testing Accessibility

Doogie Browser

Quote from: T Fearon on August 25, 2009, 02:28:05 PM
Every team in pratically every match could blame the referee. It is strange that Tyrone are calling for a reviw at this time. It certainly stikes of sour grapes.

As I've said Tyrone have benefitted from referee's howlers in big games in the past, like 2005, the ridiculous sending off of Marsden in 2003 etc.

Fair play to Tyrone supporters for acknowledging the fact that Cork (even with 14 men ) were a far superior team. In fairness a blind man on a galoping horse could have seen that Tyrone's number was up after they scraped past Kildare in the quarters. I even said here last week that Tyrone are now at where Armagh were in 2005, and the end was near 
Yawn.  With one or two subtle differences or extra accoutrements though  ;)

redhugh

Every team in pratically every match could blame the referee. It is strange that Tyrone are calling for a reviw at this time. It certainly stikes of sour grapes.

As I've said Tyrone have benefitted from referee's howlers in big games in the past, like 2005, the ridiculous sending off of Marsden in 2003 etc.

Fair play to Tyrone supporters for acknowledging the fact that Cork (even with 14 men ) were a far superior team. In fairness a blind man on a galoping horse could have seen that Tyrone's number was up after they scraped past Kildare in the quarters. I even said here last week that Tyrone are now at where Armagh were in 2005, and the end was near

Thank you . Nice to see that you admire your neighbours being magnanimous!

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: ziggysego on August 25, 2009, 02:32:17 PM
You're just like Spillane Tony, a very sad bitter little man.

That's bang out of order Ziggy... what an insult to little people!
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Sandino

Tony who has the taste of Sour Grapes? Tyrone talking about bad decisions 4 days ago or you chatting about games 4 years ago. You give Armagh fans a bad name.
"You can go proudly. You are history. You are legend''

tyronefan

I haven't heard anyone from Tyrone blaming the ref for the result, Cork were the better team and deserved the win.

To call Bannon a referee is a fair stretch of the imagination.

020304 Tir Eoghain

Quote from: redhugh on August 25, 2009, 02:23:54 PM
I don't think that anyone in Tyrone is blaming the ref for our defeat- where in the article does it say that? I think the point being made is simply that Bannon was poor to say the least.

Ach it doesnt actually have to say that for our Tony to post it. The words referee & Tyrone on the same page would be enough.
Tír Éoghain '03, '05, '08.

ziggysego

Quote from: T Fearon on August 25, 2009, 02:44:38 PM
Get over it. There will be at least one Ulster team representing the province in this historic year in the All Ireland final having successfully turned rounbd a half time deficit in the semi final against a Munster kingpin.

I've a lot of time for Armagh. Was in Croke Park on time to support the Armagh minors. A lot of Tyrone flags up with Armagh scored.

You Tony, make it difficult for me and I'm sure others to support Armagh.
Testing Accessibility

nrico2006

QuoteEvery team in pratically every match could blame the referee. It is strange that Tyrone are calling for a reviw at this time. It certainly stikes of sour grapes.

What howler benefited Tyrone in 2005?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

redhugh

Get over it. There will be at least one Ulster team representing the province in this historic year in the All Ireland final having successfully turned rounbd a half time deficit in the semi final against a Munster kingpin.
Yeah- big congrats to the Armagh minors.There are some very exciting prospects on that minor team who will be a joy to watch in the coming years...I'd imagine that many of your neighbours will be supporting them.

020304 Tir Eoghain

Says the man who's still ranting about 2003 ::)

020304 Tir Eoghain

Cork were good enough to win even after the ridiculous sending off of O'Connor on Sunday, Armagh werent in '03.
As you say yourself, get over it!

BerfArmagh

Quote from: ziggysego on August 25, 2009, 02:48:09 PM

I've a lot of time for Armagh. Was in Croke Park on time to support the Armagh minors. A lot of Tyrone flags up with Armagh scored.

You Tony, make it difficult for me and I'm sure others to support Armagh.

Tony does not speak for the majority of Armagh fans. The vast majority of ulster fans strongly support their neighbours when the reach the final stages of the all-ireland, its always been that way, more so the past 10 years when Ulster teams have been very successful. As an Armagh man, I was very happy to see Tyrone go on and win those sams becasue they have been quite simply the best team & the best manager in the land for the last 5/6 years. Armagh had a great run (albeit with a lot less resources than tyrone) Monaghan & Derry have also done the province proud.

Sandino

The more you suck those grapes Tony the sour they become. Keep on sucking.
"You can go proudly. You are history. You are legend''

stibhan

Quote from: T Fearon on August 25, 2009, 02:09:41 PM
http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/gaa/tyrone-call-for-ref-justice-14466968.html

Pukes now blaming the referee for the defeat by 14 man Cork :D

Funny there was nothing wrong with the referee when Russel gave them a penalty for nithing and an easy free at the end of the 2005 AI semi final, or when Gooch was gouged in the 2005 Final :(

The referee gave the Cork players license to do whatever they wanted to. The sending off proved a worse decision for Tyrone than it did for Cork if you look at that game. Tyrone have a record of playing badly against 14 men, and Cork certainly should have seen 2 or 3 more players off on Sunday.

If you're talking about 2005 then you'd surely admit that the worst refereeing display of the year was that which put Armagh into the quarter finals. Tyrone have had a ridiculous amount of bad decisions against them in the past too, so let's not forget that. The penalty in the semi-final was a definite penalty for what it's worth, and the free at the end was indisputable. You'd be looking at Armagh's inability to see the game out rather than anything else for why they lost--perhaps a bit like Tyrone on Sunday, who couldn't dominate possession even with a numerical advantage against a more physical team.