AISF Aug 23rd Tyrone v Cork

Started by cadhlancian, August 02, 2009, 07:11:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

stew

Quote from: ONeill on August 23, 2009, 11:36:38 PM
Poor Kerry though. Armagh minors had Tyrone, Cork and Armagh cheering for them. Pity the Armagh wans didn't return the favour, especially the heifer in section 708 Upper Tier Cusack who suddenly started waving her Armagh flag with 5 mins to go in the senior game.

Aye, reminds me of the wee woman from tyrone who was heading back to the Moy but stopped in at the wee shop on railway street there, she bought a fermanagh flag and when the shopkeeper asked here what part of fermanagh she was from she told him she was from the Moy, that she hated Armagh and that she was going to hang the flag out to piss of her neighbours.
This was a day after fermanagh bate us in the AIQF.

it goes both ways shane as well you know.

I seem to recall the tyrone men refusing to give the 2002 AI champions their due in a 03 league match. ;)
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

stew

Quote from: ONeill on August 24, 2009, 12:40:18 AM
Stew's drunk.

:D
Nah, I am sitting here with a mayoman watching a replay of the game and got the county wrong.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

ONeill

ONeill

Btw - what happened with Gormley's injury?

DuffleKing

looked to me like he got a slap  in the stones?

ONeill

I thought it was more the ribs/chest.

David McKeown

Would echo the views of most on here.  Thought Cork were as good a team as I have seen in many years for the first 20 minutes not only with their pace and power but also with their movement and the angles they created.  After the sending off which at the time I felt was justified though their game changed completely and what impressed me most was how effective they were at changing their game.  Cork to me seemed to go into an immediate plan B and gave a composed performance which ensured they did what they needed to do.

For the record I was there as an Armagh man supporting the Ulster champions and I wasn't alone.

As far as the Miskelly incident goes I would be very very surprised if he was suspended for the final, not saying he shouldnt be just saying I wouldnt be surprised.

As far as Bannon goes, he is the reason that an announcement is now made about the length of injury time to be played.  To me that says it all about his quality as a referee.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Archie Mitchell

Congratulations to Cork. Better team won on the day. They showed far more hunger to win today than Tyrone. Was very disappointed in Tyrone's performance today. Most disappointed I have been in a while. Sean was a big miss and too many of their players played well below average. If i had to pick one Tyrone player who played well, it would have been Ricey, though he wasn't spectacular.

The less said about Bannon the better. Gave some bad decisions for both teams, though thought he was more sore on Tyrone IMO. Penalised Tyrone for crowind around Cork men while they had possesion, then let Cork away with it a few times for the same thing. No wonder Mickey Harte wanted a word with Bannon. It's not often you hear Harte on about the ref, though Bannon is quite a special ref! After viewing the O'Connor yellow cards, thought both were justified. The first was a clumsy late tackle and deserved a yellow card, no matter if he slipped or not. The second, he bodychecked Mugsy after he laid the ball off. Players have been booked before for this and will be booked again. Thought he could have gave him a warning as wasn't worthy of a 2nd booking, but still a booking. The Mugsy diving accusations of this incident are laughable. Miskella definitely should have got a straight red and should miss the final. Was a strike and merits a straight red card. McGuigan might have made a bit of a meal of it, but what are you going to do if someone slaps you in the face, close to the eye which you have had serious damage to in the past? Didn't see the Canty incident but the sunday game clowns seem to thing he pushed the line a bit. What minute did this happen in so I can get a look at it?

Hope Meath put it up to Kerry next week and if they can't finish the job, hope Cork do in the final. Too many slabbers down there and a few on this board, who have quite a hatred for Tyrone and Ulster football in general. They may have more All-Irelands and final appearances this decade, fair play for doing so and it's not their fault Tyrone werent there in them years to put it up to them, but they still failed to beat their main rival when it mattered most and you can tell that it annoys them quite a bit.

This won't be the end for this Tyrone team. Dooher and Holmes may call it quits but I think the core of the team will remain and a few years left in them yet. Also time to give up and coming players more game time, the likes of Sean O'Neill, McCaul, Cassidy and having the more experienced men on the bench to steady the ship. Not sure if any of last years minors are ready for the step up, but would do no harm to have Kyle Coney, Peter Harte, Niall, McKenna, Ronan McNabb and Gavin Teague in or around the squad.

Archie Mitchell

RE Gormley incident, think when he was coming out for the ball hegot struck in the ribs/chest by a Cork man trying to tackle him, nothing malicous in it at all.

cadhlancian

watch it closer..........I think it was Daniel Goulding stuck his elbow in him as he went by him :-\

Hardy

pintsofguinness

Quote from: ONeill on August 24, 2009, 12:51:16 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00mb9w7/An_Domhnach_Mor_The_Big_Sunday_23_08_2009/

Actually interesting.
Listening to this for last 20 minutes, serious amount of crying  ::)

Oh good God their even talking about the children  :D
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

DUBSFORSAM1

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on August 24, 2009, 01:25:38 AM
Congratulations to Cork. Better team won on the day. They showed far more hunger to win today than Tyrone. Was very disappointed in Tyrone's performance today. Most disappointed I have been in a while. Sean was a big miss and too many of their players played well below average. If i had to pick one Tyrone player who played well, it would have been Ricey, though he wasn't spectacular.

The less said about Bannon the better. Gave some bad decisions for both teams, though thought he was more sore on Tyrone IMO. Penalised Tyrone for crowind around Cork men while they had possesion, then let Cork away with it a few times for the same thing. No wonder Mickey Harte wanted a word with Bannon. It's not often you hear Harte on about the ref, though Bannon is quite a special ref! After viewing the O'Connor yellow cards, thought both were justified. The first was a clumsy late tackle and deserved a yellow card, no matter if he slipped or not. The second, he bodychecked Mugsy after he laid the ball off. Players have been booked before for this and will be booked again. Thought he could have gave him a warning as wasn't worthy of a 2nd booking, but still a booking. The Mugsy diving accusations of this incident are laughable. Miskella definitely should have got a straight red and should miss the final. Was a strike and merits a straight red card. McGuigan might have made a bit of a meal of it, but what are you going to do if someone slaps you in the face, close to the eye which you have had serious damage to in the past? Didn't see the Canty incident but the sunday game clowns seem to thing he pushed the line a bit. What minute did this happen in so I can get a look at it?

Hope Meath put it up to Kerry next week and if they can't finish the job, hope Cork do in the final. Too many slabbers down there and a few on this board, who have quite a hatred for Tyrone and Ulster football in general. They may have more All-Irelands and final appearances this decade, fair play for doing so and it's not their fault Tyrone werent there in them years to put it up to them, but they still failed to beat their main rival when it mattered most and you can tell that it annoys them quite a bit.

This won't be the end for this Tyrone team. Dooher and Holmes may call it quits but I think the core of the team will remain and a few years left in them yet. Also time to give up and coming players more game time, the likes of Sean O'Neill, McCaul, Cassidy and having the more experienced men on the bench to steady the ship. Not sure if any of last years minors are ready for the step up, but would do no harm to have Kyle Coney, Peter Harte, Niall, McKenna, Ronan McNabb and Gavin Teague in or around the squad.

Please tell me you are joking when you say O'Connor body checked Mulligan...he jumped to blcok the ball, didn't move out into Mulligans way at all and barely touched him at all and Mulligan still did a triiple salko...

McGuigan elbowed Miskella in the stomach and got a clip on the back of the bead...it wasn't in the face or anything and he made a massive meal of it...

Mike Sheehy

QuoteYou havent a clue sheehy, your level of hatred for tyrone and to a lesser extent Armagh is incredible, you were slabberin a while ago about the pony being disrespected and that the minors would keep that in mind? what the feck was that all about? it didnt do them much good though did it.

Tyrone are worthy champions, they owned kerry for years and you havent the class to admit that. Tyrone are a tremendous team, were a tremendous time any way you cut it and you have been the most negative gobshite on this board on the run up to this game.

I hope Meath bate youse, failing that Cork will hammer ye by 8 or 9 points and i think that would be even funnier. I would have been aneutral in the AI but if you somehow make it I will be hoping that Cork bate ye up and down the field.

be quiet you nutter. You're always liable to go off on your little rants. You,  with your head stuck up Tyrones arses. I suppose you have no choice given the epic failure of your own county..what is it again 1 AI out of 7 Ulsters ? pathetic