Previous topic - Next topic

magickingdom

Quote from: WeAreBlueWeAreWhite on August 23, 2009, 06:05:50 PM
no harm the nordies were beat at least there will be a pure irish final now

guys like you make me puke

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Brendans abu on August 23, 2009, 08:40:36 PM
Quote from: cadhlancian on August 23, 2009, 08:21:55 PM
I would love to know what Bannon booked Miskella for? Either a red or nothing surely? I don't fancy his chances of playing in the all ireland final either, surely TV evidence has to be used here

He slapped him, its not a red

McGuigan should be banned for diving though, it was pathetic
If you strike it's a red hard, open or closed hand - according the rule book anyway
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

NaomhBridAbú

Quote from: saffron sam2 on August 23, 2009, 08:38:16 PM
There is a certain irony in a team that has made trying to con referees into an art form, making it an integral part of their tactics, being stitched up today by the referee.

Bannon is getting (largely justifiable) criticism on this thread, but surely there was going to come a time when a referee didn't fall for the theatrics.

I also think that Mickey was found out a wee bit today - an over-reliance (some would say sentimentally so) on his tried and trusted men.

catch yourself on -'Mickey was found out a wee bit today...' what a load of bollox
in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. but he still only has one eye

Highlander3

Quote from: pintsofguinness on August 23, 2009, 08:42:50 PM
Quote from: Brendans abu on August 23, 2009, 08:40:36 PM
Quote from: cadhlancian on August 23, 2009, 08:21:55 PM
I would love to know what Bannon booked Miskella for? Either a red or nothing surely? I don't fancy his chances of playing in the all ireland final either, surely TV evidence has to be used here

He slapped him, its not a red

McGuigan should be banned for diving though, it was pathetic
If you strike it's a red hard, open or closed hand - according the rule book anyway
Agreed. In virtually any game that would have been a straight red

magickingdom

its the usual black and white crap on here, tyrone were beaten which means their finished blah blah.... what rubbish. they lost on the day to a hungrier cork team who btw were hungry just because they got beat silly around the place by kerry the last few years. tyrone will be one of the favourites for sam again next year have no doubt about that. micky h aint going to vanish. . .

NaomhBridAbú

Quote from: magickingdom on August 23, 2009, 08:49:23 PM
its the usual black and white crap on here, tyrone were beaten which means their finished blah blah.... what rubbish. they lost on the day to a hungrier cork team who btw were hungry just because they got beat silly around the place by kerry the last few years. tyrone will be one of the favourites for sam again next year have no doubt about that. micky h aint going to vanish. . .

agree - not a bad team based on 1 result and also unfair not to acknowledge how strong Cork are... Tyrone will be back
in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. but he still only has one eye

cadhlancian

II stand corrected,,he wasnt booked, my bad, but the referee will more than likely be shown the TV clip, and then be asked did he think his "sentence" was just? Methinks this one has to go the CCCCCCDCCCFT ;D

mrhardyannual

Level of vitriol towards Tyrone is shameful. Surely one of the greatest teams of all time. May need to freshen team up but there must be tremendous talent waiting in the wings. I was hoping for a Cork win if only for a change. Hope Meath manage to make it an unpredicted final paring.

imtommygunn

Fair play to Cork. They look like some team and will be hard to beat. I hope they hold it together and play in the final the way they played today. If so I couldn't see them beat.

Tyrone are still a great team. I wouldn't say this team are finished. I would say, great servant that he's been, Brian Dooher is maybe past it. Philly Jordan and Gormley also looked quite sluggish too. Those aside though I still think they'll be ok. You've to consider that their two best players of last year - McGinley and Cavanagh - could not play anywhere near the part today that would have been hoped for. McGinley is obviously not fit from his injury. They would have made some difference.

As for John Bannon - well the man shouldn't be allowed to ref a big game again. You could go into a lot of his decisions but to me the one that showed him up for the clown he is was when Joe McMahon - straight in front of him - clearly CLEARLY put his toe below the ball and he gave an off the ground.

People can talk about cynicism all they like for either team. You do what you have to do to win the game. Every champion of at least the last ten years has had this side to their game.

saffron sam2

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 23, 2009, 09:10:52 PM
Fair play to Cork. They look like some team and will be hard to beat. I hope they hold it together and play in the final the way they played today. If so I couldn't see them beat.

Tyrone are still a great team. I wouldn't say this team are finished. I would say, great servant that he's been, Brian Dooher is maybe past it. Philly Jordan and Gormley also looked quite sluggish too. Those aside though I still think they'll be ok. You've to consider that their two best players of last year - McGinley and Cavanagh - could not play anywhere near the part today that would have been hoped for. McGinley is obviously not fit from his injury. They would have made some difference.

As for John Bannon - well the man shouldn't be allowed to ref a big game again. You could go into a lot of his decisions but to me the one that showed him up for the clown he is was when Joe McMahon - straight in front of him - clearly CLEARLY put his toe below the ball and he gave an off the ground.

People can talk about cynicism all they like for either team. You do what you have to do to win the game. Every champion of at least the last ten years has had this side to their game.

Even Sidebottom, on viewing the replay, reckoned the Longford whistler called that one right.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

imtommygunn

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: cadhlancian on August 23, 2009, 07:57:13 PM
Quote from: Mike Sheehy on August 23, 2009, 07:48:17 PM
Hey Cadlachan dont be sending nasty PM's...if you have something to say say it on the board ya little p***k..
nasty pm??
I asked you why you were such an arrogant p***k?  seems like some other people are asking that as well? are we all wrong and you are right?. you dont have one constructive thing to say about the game ::)

Dry yer eyes numpty and take the slagging. God knows you've given it often enough so now you'll take it, otherwise piss off from the board.

gaagaa

As a Derry man I was pretty disgusted today at a number of things
1 the shocking bias of the rte commentators,, particularly that clown from ulster/connacht
2 some of the blatant fouls from cork that went unpunished
3 how that ref continues to get high profile games (i cant even say his name)
The rte bias was so bad I had to turn it over to bbc - something i would nver normally do.
I found bbc views to be fair.  I missed M Harte's interview on rte but I hear he must have commented on ref performance.
I hope the whole Tyrone team can use this as motivation next year to show they are far from finished.

Brendans abu

Quote from: gaagaa on August 23, 2009, 09:22:34 PM
As a Derry man I was pretty disgusted today at a number of things
1 the shocking bias of the rte commentators,, particularly that clown from ulster/connacht
2 some of the blatant fouls from cork that went unpunished
3 how that ref continues to get high profile games (i cant even say his name)
The rte bias was so bad I had to turn it over to bbc - something i would nver normally do.
I found bbc views to be fair.  I missed M Harte's interview on rte but I hear he must have commented on ref performance.
I hope the whole Tyrone team can use this as motivation next year to show they are far from finished.

you're obviously biased as you've not mentioned the sending off

goh4205

Quote from: pintsofguinness on August 23, 2009, 07:30:52 PM
QuoteMiskella deserved his yellow card, he slapped him, it wasn't a punch. McGuigan's overreaction was embarrassing though!
He deserved red, it was a slap but still a strike which is a red card.  He was very stupid to do that but I agree, McGuigan's reaction was embarrassing! He did his best to get him sent off.
Technically Pints your right, but it's not the first time McGuigan has got a bang in the mouth for his antics. He's a great player, but bit of a snake. Remember he got Greg McCartan sent off in clones play acting a few years back.  How many time have you seem Miskella been booked this year for dirty play (None) so whatever McGuigan was at maybe he deserved it.