AISF Aug 23rd Tyrone v Cork

Started by cadhlancian, August 02, 2009, 07:11:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WeAreBlueWeAreWhite

no harm the nordies were beat at least there will be a pure irish final now
AND A BOTTLE OF RITZ FOR ME LAC

CĂșig huaire

Fair play to Cork they were worthy winners. Should be a cracking final between them and Kerry.
End of the road for some of that Tyrone team, like Armagh in 2003 they have a lot of miles on the clock. Dooher has been a great servant to them but his legs have gone. 3 All Irelands in this decade is a great achievement and in time the Tyrone fans will realise this.
Donagh, the GAA Board`s Sinn Fein PSNI spokesperson.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: WeAreBlueWeAreWhite on August 23, 2009, 06:05:50 PM
Too obvious  ::)
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

magpie seanie

Why is the standard of refereeing so bad? Today was actually worse than usual but most gmes now its bad. I firmly believe the refs that get the big games are reffing as they are told to (logical - the guys who do it best get the top matches). So the obvious conclusion arises - the people training and assessing referees are out of touch with how most people perceive the game. The namby pamby rules that were almost brought in are another example of this and while its another argument I'm sure they'll have another go next spring to ruin the games further. They are also completely unaccountable.

Whether Tyrone would or would have not won today is not so much the point - its obvious they didn't get fair play. Perversely, the wrong sending off will make that argument hard to make to most people. Amazing how often things like that happen.

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: magpie seanie on August 23, 2009, 06:09:44 PM
Why is the standard of refereeing so bad? Today was actually worse than usual but most gmes now its bad. I firmly believe the refs that get the big games are reffing as they are told to (logical - the guys who do it best get the top matches). So the obvious conclusion arises - the people training and assessing referees are out of touch with how most people perceive the game. The namby pamby rules that were almost brought in are another example of this and while its another argument I'm sure they'll have another go next spring to ruin the games further. They are also completely unaccountable.

Whether Tyrone would or would have not won today is not so much the point - its obvious they didn't get fair play. Perversely, the wrong sending off will make that argument hard to make to most people. Amazing how often things like that happen.
What do you mean?
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

INDIANA

Quote from: JMohan on August 23, 2009, 05:40:51 PM
I can't see how you can say Bannon rode Tyrone Indiana?

He was bad - but he did send of a man for Cork early on and was just basically sh!te all round

I wouldn't say biased though

Thought tyrone got the thin end of the decisions personally. But as I said it doesn't detract that Tyrone were second best in most positions. Especially half backs and half forwards- tyrone were demolished there.

Mike Sheehy

QuoteLack of class on his behalf but not the first team sadly. Being owned by Tyrone the last few years has clearly got to him but he could learn a lot from the likes of his fellow countyman Ger O' Keefe about humility and class.

A Tyrone man lecturing about humility and class ? god, thats a good one  ::)

And that bollix Brolly deserves everything he gets. He's been twisting the knife into Kerry for years.

RedandGreenSniper

Bannon is a bad baromoter though because he has always been a terrible referee. He's the type of referee that both teams will always give out about. That is never a good sign. Tyrone didn't get much of him but I think they ran into cul de sacs of their own doing today moreso than wrong decisions.
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

JMohan

Quote from: INDIANA on August 23, 2009, 06:13:46 PM
Quote from: JMohan on August 23, 2009, 05:40:51 PM
I can't see how you can say Bannon rode Tyrone Indiana?

He was bad - but he did send of a man for Cork early on and was just basically sh!te all round

I wouldn't say biased though

Thought tyrone got the thin end of the decisions personally. But as I said it doesn't detract that Tyrone were second best in most positions. Especially half backs and half forwards- tyrone were demolished there.
Fair enough
I just thought he was bad all round

You knew it was going to be a bad day when you saw two leaders being taken off - Dooher and Gornley

I do think it's the end of an era ... and I'm not being dramatic but I think Tyrone will struggle to get over that loss as they've not brought in any real good young blood this year and MF is still an issue.

timmykelleher

Go on the rebels!

Delighted to get through and amazed at the performance.

Is this Tyrone team finished or are Cork playing at another level this year?

After knocking out Derry and Galway Donegal would have been seen as live contenders for the Cork match. Yet they were swatted aside.

No one thought Cork could do anything similar to Tyrone yet it was looking that they might just do that before the sending off.

Corcaigh - McGrath cup champions - 2009

JMohan

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on August 23, 2009, 06:18:04 PM

Bannon is a bad baromoter though because he has always been a terrible referee. He's the type of referee that both teams will always give out about. That is never a good sign. Tyrone didn't get much of him but I think they ran into cul de sacs of their own doing today moreso than wrong decisions.
You're dead right there
I'd never let him near a field myself

brokencrossbar1

Mulligan didn't dive for the sending off, his momentum carried him over, but he did earlier in the first half.  I think it was a tackle by Donnacha O'Connor where he went down like he had been taken out from the rooftops.  It may have been a foul but by gilding the lily he made sure of it.  This is not needed by any county team and needs to be discouraged.  Dooher also got away with it.  Both of these acts won Tyrone two close in frees which were scored.

As regards Cork's "tactic" of roughing up Tyrone in the second half because they knew the ref wouldn't send another man off, catch a grip lads!  I wonder sometimes if some people on here have ever been involved in a football match.  I have never been in a changing room where a manager has turned round and said right lads we can push the limits here as he won't send anyone more off.  I would have heard that certain refs will let ypu away with more, but to suggest that it was a conscious tactic is pure nonsense.

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on August 23, 2009, 06:16:57 PM
QuoteLack of class on his behalf but not the first team sadly. Being owned by Tyrone the last few years has clearly got to him but he could learn a lot from the likes of his fellow countyman Ger O' Keefe about humility and class.

And that bollix Brolly deserves everything he gets. He's been twisting the knife into Kerry for years.

I think Spillane should have held his water for another week at least before having a lash at Joe.  Meath will have a big say yet and until Kerry actually beat Tyrone there will always be some debate about their greatness

JMohan

Quote from: WeAreBlueWeAreWhite on August 23, 2009, 06:05:50 PM
What a fcukin' idiot

INDIANA

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on August 23, 2009, 06:20:59 PM
Mulligan didn't dive for the sending off, his momentum carried him over, but he did earlier in the first half.  I think it was a tackle by Donnacha O'Connor where he went down like he had been taken out from the rooftops.  It may have been a foul but by gilding the lily he made sure of it.  This is not needed by any county team and needs to be discouraged.  Dooher also got away with it.  Both of these acts won Tyrone two close in frees which were scored.

As regards Cork's "tactic" of roughing up Tyrone in the second half because they knew the ref wouldn't send another man off, catch a grip lads!  I wonder sometimes if some people on here have ever been involved in a football match.  I have never been in a changing room where a manager has turned round and said right lads we can push the limits here as he won't send anyone more off.  I would have heard that certain refs will let ypu away with more, but to suggest that it was a conscious tactic is pure nonsense.

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on August 23, 2009, 06:16:57 PM

I think Spillane should have held his water for another week at least before having a lash at Joe.  Meath will have a big say yet and until Kerry actually beat Tyrone there will always be some debate about their greatness

We'll never know now who is team of the decade because the showdown won't happen. There will be retirements on both sides I'd imagine at this stage and that seems to grate with Kerry people a lot. Kerry also have to beat Meath next week. After today if I were kerry I'd wouldn't be taking that for granted.

goh4205

Why is the standard of refereeing so bad? Today was actually worse than usual but most games now its bad. I firmly believe the refs that get the big games are reffing as they are told to (logical - the guys who do it best get the top matches). So the obvious conclusion arises - the people training and assessing referees are out of touch with how most people perceive the game. The namby pamby rules that were almost brought in are another example of this and while its another argument I'm sure they'll have another go next spring to ruin the games further. They are also completely unaccountable.

I agree with you magpie about the Ref, but Tryone have so often got away with the other side of what happened with refereeing decisions today and injusts against opposition teams.  Usually what goes around comes around and today it did.