AISF Aug 23rd Tyrone v Cork

Started by cadhlancian, August 02, 2009, 07:11:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stew

Sounds like a terrible sending off decision, that could cost Cork dearly.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

magickingdom

it took bannon all of 15 seconds to get his first decision wrong and he got worse after that. cant believe o connor got the line for nothing

muppet

If the game turns on that decision Bannon might need to go to ground for a long time.

I thought the Cork players were protesting at Dooher's 2 hops but it looks like he sent O'Connor off for the glance that caused Mugsy's dive.
MWWSI 2017

brianboru00

Absolutely ridiculous refereeing, the first yellow was wrong, he obviously slipped on the surface - no intent to trip him . A free only . And I don't know what the second yellow was for. . . . and Im shouting for Tyrone

GalwayBayBoy

I think both sets of fans are booing Bannon. ;D

fitzroyalty

Terrible ref. Off both christmas card lists anyway

magickingdom

look at the speed of cork. . . long way to go and anyones game but . . look at the speed of cork

supersub

Are u having a laugh son the first tackle would have been a red card in soccer never mind gaelic, he cynically took him out with a slide tackle. Second one was debatable

Mario

There is no doubt that Cork are a better team, If Tyrone win this it will because of one decision.

RedandGreenSniper

Cork will still win. They're a savage outfit. Bannon's decision a f**king joke. He was correct with the two pick ups that the RTE lads said were wrong but the second yellow? FFS. And Dooher overcarried as well.

First yellow card was for O'Connor slipping as far as I could see.

Bannon's last year on the inter-county roster. I never rated him so I won't miss him.
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

Highlander3

I hate always having a go at the ref as it is a thankless task, but they do end up having such a big bearing on these games, maybe they need more help.

Tyrone starting to come back into it, but they do still seem to be very flat today, i expect that we will see SC soon they need the lift

yellowcard

Cork destroyed Tyrone in that first half. If Tyrone win this Bannon should be hanged.

Maguire01

Yep, Bannon is having a disaster. Up until the sending off, he was giving everything to Cork, then he tried to even it out!
To be fair to Mulligan, i'm not sure it was a dive - his momentum was carrying him on anyway.

Brolly's comments on Bannon are priceless!

Maguire01

Quote from: yellowcard on August 23, 2009, 04:15:39 PM
Cork destroyed Tyrone in that first half. If Tyrone win this Bannon should be hanged.
You can't say that either. Look at how Tyrone turned it around against Kildare. Tyrone may well win, regardless of whether it was against 14 or 15 men.

Canalman

Referee loathe to penalise Tyrone for overcarrying. Sending off very very wrong. Cork will be very aggrieved .

Very interesting match though. Expect Tyrone to bare their teeth in the 2nd half.