AISF Aug 23rd Tyrone v Cork

Started by cadhlancian, August 02, 2009, 07:11:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

supersarsfields

What with longball getting suspended I guess we won't hear his Stephen O Neill story that he was mad keen to tell!!

As you say Fuzzman I think both teams have similar players and styles which should make for a good open game. I still believe that Tyrone would have the edge with the players. However they don't seem to be firing on all cylinders. Hopefully their just going to peak at the right time.

blanketattack

Quote from: nrico2006 on August 11, 2009, 09:17:20 AM
The one thing I don't understand about this Cork team is that people think they will dominate football for years to come - this isn't exactly a young Cork side, alot of the players are in their late twenties and have been around for a while. 

I agree. The following are all aged between 29 and 32:
Canty, Lynch, Quirke, Murphy, Miskella, O'Neill.

Zulu

Yes but they have Cussen, Cadogan (who might opt for the football fulltime next year), Fiachra Lynch, John Hayes, Paul O'Flynn, Sheehan (if he doesn't stay in Oz), O'Donovan, Kissane all young men not on the starting team. And there are a good few more coming through that aren't even on the squad so they'll be a force for the foreseeable future alright.

ONeill

Will Mickey stick to his guns regarding PJ or will the likes of Gourley or O'Neill get the nod? Mickey has been known to make ruthless changes at this stage of the championship. Tommy might be treading the rope too or will his free-taking save him even though Mugsy and O'Neill are there?

Some fine tuning for Mickey.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ziggysego

I'd say O'Neill will get the nod before Quinn for this game. If Enda's fit, Tommy will be dropped to the bench and Sean moved forward.
Testing Accessibility

kickingmule

Quote from: ziggysego on August 11, 2009, 04:52:00 PM
I'd say O'Neill will get the nod before Quinn for this game. If Enda's fit, Tommy will be dropped to the bench and Sean moved forward.
same again i reckon, with sean in his best position, attacking from midfield and running the legs of murphy .... with the option of 8 great subs, just to keep up with the jone...ess ..... oops i mean the rebels!!!

Tyrone_redhand

Quote from: rebel true on August 10, 2009, 07:22:22 PM
I don`t know were all ye Tyrone people think ye are going to walk all over Cork. If ye start like ye did against Kildare, Cork will have ye out the gate by half time. Don`t take me wrong Tyrone are a great tream, but this Cork team has been building over the last few years, and with the U21 wins and junior football wins in the last few years it shows our strength in depth. Cork shall dominate football for the next 6 or 7 years. Tyrone have 2 or 3 good subs that they can bring on that could make a difference. Cork have at least 8 that they can spring form the bench. I fancy Cork to win by 5 or 6 points. and then on to take Kerry apart in the final

what are u talking about. We are still a young team and will be winning AI for the next few years. I think we will beat Kerry if we meet them as I feel  they are over the hill at this stage but I dont see u lot beating them. and keep thing you will beat us by 5 or 6 pints, we luv that kinda talk...you will get a big surprise when we hammer you on our way to 2 in a row !

orangeman

Any update on Enda ? He'll be a massive loss if not fit but if fit will allow Sean to move inside where he can be more effective. Who gets dropped ? Big decision there.

red hander

Quote from: orangeman on August 11, 2009, 08:20:17 PM
Any update on Enda ? He'll be a massive loss if not fit but if fit will allow Sean to move inside where he can be more effective. Who gets dropped ? Big decision there.

According to today's Irish News, Mickey is "very optimistic" he'll be fit for the Cork game ... so it's looking good

Rocky Mc Guigan

Quote from: orangeman on August 11, 2009, 08:20:17 PM
Don't think it's a big decision. Tommy Mc Guigan has run his race-

Tyrone Dreamer

Wonder would Harte be tempted to start Brian McGuigan? We know he is still capable of 15-20 good minutes at centre half forward but could he last the pace for close to a full game? If fully fit there is still no better play maker in Tyrone. It looks more likely that he will once again be used from the bench. Still think Harte could be tempted with Joe McMahon in defence.

cadhlancian

lads cant help feeling that PJ Quinn has been made the scapegoat of some poor defending , that has been a result of our half backs defending quite poorly at times. I know Sean O'Neill has performed well when introduced this year, but is now the time for the full exam, I don;t believe it is. And i will choke if I see Ciaran Gourley starting . ;D The worst defender we had the last day was Philip Jordan ( by a country mile!) and probably got staying on, because of previous performances. I think PJ Quinn should stay in ;)

Fear ón Srath Bán

Confirmed, referee is John Bannon.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

sam03/05

i would say tyrone will line out exactly the same as last game
barring injuries

tyrone86

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 11, 2009, 10:08:53 PM
Confirmed, referee is John Bannon.

::)

Have we got Bannon in the Championship since the Sligo debacle in 02?