AISF Aug 23rd Tyrone v Cork

Started by cadhlancian, August 02, 2009, 07:11:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mountainboii

Quote from: orangeman on August 25, 2009, 12:42:48 AM
Quote from: AFS on August 25, 2009, 12:26:29 AM
Quote from: orangeman on August 25, 2009, 12:11:19 AM
Mickey Harte will be plotting for 2010 already. It's a sign of how successful he has been with this team that some people interpret a defeat in the AI semi final, after strolling through Ulster as failure. Strange isn't it ?.

I'm sure Mickey is, and there are a lot of reasons for Tyrone to feel confident heading into the future.

Though a word of warning from experience, the fall from the top, when it does inevitably happen, will come a lot faster than you ever imagine.
[/b]

True but hopefully Tyrone can gradually replace those who are coming to an end with new talent who can maintain their present position.

That was our plan too, and look at the mess we are now. Saying that, I expect Tyrone to make a better fist of the whole transition thing.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: johnpower on August 24, 2009, 11:59:01 PM
They are a small club in the intermediate final ,they have had managers from across the County bounds as well .Was Sean a dietitian of sorts ?

Don't know about that at all John, and wouldn't want to be starting a vicious rumour!  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

johnpower

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 25, 2009, 12:51:14 AM
Quote from: johnpower on August 24, 2009, 11:59:01 PM
They are a small club in the intermediate final ,they have had managers from across the County bounds as well .Was Sean a dietitian of sorts ?

Don't know about that at all John, and wouldn't want to be starting a vicious rumour!  ;)

OK Fear fair enough but Cork has more footballers than Kerry and Tyrone put together so we wouldnt want them getting too good .Christy Ring wanted to invoke the butchers knife trick when he was in his pomp which influenced the CCB for a along number of years

BennyHarp

As a Tyrone fan I am gutted today but you cant really get too upset when you are simply beaten by the better team on the day! I wouldnt be so quick to write off this Tyrone team just yet - with 10mins to go yesterday, mugsy misses a free to bring the game within 3 points and its game on - but it wasnt to be and Cork kicked the next two points to close out the game! This Tyrone team still isnt too far away - and although it was a bad day at the office for mickey he is still  the best manager in the country and will have an new and improved Tyrone team come champioship time next year. How many other counties have the luxury of having players like Kyle Coney (if he's still around), Peter Harte and Niall McKenna waiting in the wings as the next generation to add to the class that is already there! Disappointed today - but the future is definately not all doom and gloom!!
That was never a square ball!!

popinpoput

Quote from: mckieran on August 24, 2009, 10:13:37 PM
I dont agree about Bannon. I have seen him have many good games.

I haven't.......plus he has the misfortune to be a Father Ted lookalike.

popinpoput

Quote from: Take Your Points on August 24, 2009, 10:28:48 PM
Joe Brolly was the pundit who came up with the answer yesterday - Cork exposed each of those Tyrone weaknesses that most people knew where present but no one else had managed to attack in one game.
Tyrone is now at the crossroads where Armagh found themselves in 2006.  Sentiment and loyalty can mask an underlining problem which will eventually lead to the end of Tyrone dominance.  Despite the fact that underage sides and colleges have succeeded in Tyrone, the gap to senior level is not being bridged to allow a flow of talent into the senior squad.  The failure lies at u21 level where Tyrone has not managed to make a mark for several years.  Progression of young players has been stymied by the lack of a successful u21 squad.   Red Shaun O'Neill is one of the few of his age group to have moved across with signs of being able to be a regular senior.  He is not the only one capable of this transition but his peers are left behind without further inter county experience.
The senior squad is built on the successful underage sides that Mickey Harte developed over several years and carried with him into senior level. However, many of these players are now marginalised and are no longer playing a part on the team yet are part of a 35 man senior squad. 
Future success for Tyrone lies with a turnover of players in the next three years as Mickey Harte's underage squad ages with the danger of so many finishing at the same time just like the Armagh minors of 1992. 
Will Mickey concentrate on development of Tyrone football by clearing out those who have contributed to Tyrone success but are no longer in real contention for places and pull in new talent from underage squads or try to squeeze another AI or the elusive two in a row from the current setup?
Could the answer be for Mickey Harte to take over the u21 squad for the next year? Given the short season for u21 championship it would be hard work but the possible answer for Tyrone.

Very true....but I think we will have success at U21 level again within the next 2 to 3 years.

stew

Quote from: ONeill on August 24, 2009, 11:16:16 PM
It's one of Stew's Americanisms. It means he pissed all over Harte tactically.

you are too good Shane. That was one of the few times i ever saw harte get bate from the line.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

stew

Quote from: johnpower on August 25, 2009, 12:41:01 AM
Quote from: longrunsthefox on August 25, 2009, 12:35:15 AM
When you get to my age you learn to savour every minute of success and not take it for granted. Of course it will pass but it has been unreal the last few years for Tyrone supporters.

It has indeed been a great few years no doubt ye will be back . Mr Harte has made some contribution .

Just as questions are asked of players, the managers come in for scrutiny as well, and they should. harte will no doubt review the game, beat himself up over mistakes made and when that is done he will try and make sure that he never has as bad a day again in a big game situation. it has happened to the best of them and I am sure he will bounce back I hope I am wrong.

As for Dooher, it never ceases to amaze me how after a poor performance a great player automatically gets put to pasture if he has many miles on the clock. Dooher might well be back and who is to say he will not be back to his brilliant best on the big stage next year?

Cork are some side and will take some stopping, i have watched every game they have played this year and they have a belief now that they have beaten kerry and Tyrone comprehensively and they will feel it is their time.

meath are cute hoors, no pressure on them at all at all, they are flying under the radar screen and will be chomping at the bit to [rove the doubters wrong. This one has classic written all over it. Drama to the end.

Prediction. kerry 1-13 Meath 2-12

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: NaomhBridAbú on August 24, 2009, 08:48:55 PM
Quote from: Mike Sheehy on August 24, 2009, 01:53:19 AM
QuoteYou havent a clue sheehy, your level of hatred for tyrone and to a lesser extent Armagh is incredible, you were slabberin a while ago about the pony being disrespected and that the minors would keep that in mind? what the feck was that all about? it didnt do them much good though did it.

Tyrone are worthy champions, they owned kerry for years and you havent the class to admit that. Tyrone are a tremendous team, were a tremendous time any way you cut it and you have been the most negative gobshite on this board on the run up to this game.

I hope Meath bate youse, failing that Cork will hammer ye by 8 or 9 points and i think that would be even funnier. I would have been aneutral in the AI but if you somehow make it I will be hoping that Cork bate ye up and down the field.

be quiet you nutter. You're always liable to go off on your little rants. You,  with your head stuck up Tyrones arses. I suppose you have no choice given the epic failure of your own county..what is it again 1 AI out of 7 Ulsters ? pathetic

I'm not sure what team you support yourself Sheey, but in keeping with your logic, i'm fairly confident they're a shower of cnuts

NaomhBridAbú

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on August 25, 2009, 04:53:53 AM
QuoteYou havent a clue sheehy, your level of hatred for tyrone and to a lesser extent Armagh is incredible, you were slabberin a while ago about the pony being disrespected and that the minors would keep that in mind? what the feck was that all about? it didnt do them much good though did it.

Tyrone are worthy champions, they owned kerry for years and you havent the class to admit that. Tyrone are a tremendous team, were a tremendous time any way you cut it and you have been the most negative gobshite on this board on the run up to this game.

I hope Meath bate youse, failing that Cork will hammer ye by 8 or 9 points and i think that would be even funnier. I would have been aneutral in the AI but if you somehow make it I will be hoping that Cork bate ye up and down the field.

be quiet you nutter. You're always liable to go off on your little rants. You,  with your head stuck up Tyrones arses. I suppose you have no choice given the epic failure of your own county..what is it again 1 AI out of 7 Ulsters ? pathetic

I'm not sure what team you support yourself Sheey, but in keeping with your logic, i'm fairly confident they're a shower of cnuts

Shut up you british cnut

oh right - you're from Kerry then??
in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. but he still only has one eye

Onion Bag

Shut up you british cnut

A Bit Harsh
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

loughshore lad

Quote from: Take Your Points on August 24, 2009, 10:28:48 PM
Could the answer be for Mickey Harte to take over the u21 squad for the next year? Given the short season for u21 championship it would be hard work but the possible answer for Tyrone.

No chance of this happening.  U21 management has been reappointed for next year.  Harte will be planning for next year already, thats the nature of the man - he alluded to planning for next year in an interview on RTE radio 1 in the aftermath of Sundays game.  Some will point to staleness, a need to clear the panel out and perhaps even question if Harte should stay on but the fact is he is the best man for the job and it will be at his discretion when he wants to call it a day.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Onion Bag on August 25, 2009, 08:21:55 AM

Shut up you british cnut

This shows the level of intelligence that this idiot poster possess!! The next time Kerry play Armagh in the championship - i'd love to see if the little keyboard coward has the balls to go up an Armagh man and call him a "British Cnut"! I would suspect the courage he often has behind the safety of a computer screen may quickly desert him! The real Mikey Sheehy who was one of the greatest ever footballers and a true gentleman would be ashamed that this clown is a kerryman!
That was never a square ball!!

timmykelleher

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 24, 2009, 06:40:24 PM

What's with Spillane? A few weeks ago he couldn't speak highly enough of Mickey Harte and Tyrone, though in private in Louth, but once again goes and makes a complete ass of himself in public. He may be correct to a degree of course, Kerry have won the All-Ireland more than anyone else this decade, and what's more they put two titles back-to-back, something that we've found well-nigh impossible to do, despite having taken the less tortuous path via the Ulster Championship (the fact that we have to contend with Ulster and Kerry have to contend 'only' with Munster may be a factor, but that's another discussion). A couple of words on the ref: bloody awful

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to agree with Spillane here.
But as Hardy would say, Ahem!
Tyrone didn't contend 'only' with a Munster team convincingly on Sunday.
Corcaigh - McGrath cup champions - 2009

longrunsthefox

Quote from: timmykelleher on August 25, 2009, 09:40:25 AM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 24, 2009, 06:40:24 PM

What's with Spillane? A few weeks ago he couldn't speak highly enough of Mickey Harte and Tyrone, though in private in Louth, but once again goes and makes a complete ass of himself in public. He may be correct to a degree of course, Kerry have won the All-Ireland more than anyone else this decade, and what's more they put two titles back-to-back, something that we've found well-nigh impossible to do, despite having taken the less tortuous path via the Ulster Championship (the fact that we have to contend with Ulster and Kerry have to contend 'only' with Munster may be a factor, but that's another discussion). A couple of words on the ref: bloody awful

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to agree with Spillane here.
But as Hardy would say, Ahem!
Tyrone didn't contend 'only' with a Munster team convincingly on Sunday.

I think, ahem! Timmy you have unfinished business before slaging Tyrone. We have dealt with Kerry in All Ireland finals. That All Ireland final debacle in 2007 was, ahem!   torturous. Hope youse get it rite this time